Have we (the fans) gotten the hint?

Vincent Vega

Has the fanbase yet gotten the hint that GN'R, it's members and management, at best do not care at all about the fans or what the fans want, and at worst view the fanbase with contempt, as the enemy?

Let's consider a few things we've gotten in just the last month alone:

Beta's alleged texting stating: "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

The band essentially dismissing 5 simple questions the fanbase had put together about the future of the band?

Beta dismissing Manets' (who is a big fan and supporter of Axl and New GNR, the farthest from a hater) hope GN'R would go to the studio soon by saying: "complaints, complaints, complaints."

Chris Pitman's recent interview where he said: "Just like Guns. We don't care, you know? We'll go out and play songs that people know, but we're not knocking ourselves out to release new music. There's no need to, now. It's not the time or place."

Let's also consider:

The consistent excuses that "life [got] in the way" of the band even recording a single song together since 2009--FOUR years ago?

Axl saying a new record at some point was a "definite maybe"?

Del coming out the other day in an interview and saying that Axl will put out material when he wants to and feels it's ready?

Have we not gotten the message? It's two fold, from the band and it's camp to us, basically they're saying:

1) Fuck you (or as Del James put it, "suck my dick")

2) Don't expect new material for a good long time.

Del in his interview blasted those who leaked the recent leaks as thieves, crooks.....But in the same interview, he talked about how he didn't pay taxes to the IRS because he never thought he'd live long enough to have to pay taxes, and so he partied it up and spent every penny he had without paying taxes until he was locked up. Isn't that just as crooked? And in the mind of a leaker, and in the mind of someone who listens to leaks, might they not be leaking/listening because maybe in their mind they feel they'll never live to see GN'R officially release another song/album, so they might as well just hear it any way they can?
How many ways do the band and members of it's inner circle have to say they're not on our side?

If this band doesn't give a fuck about us, or even about putting out a new song, why should we give a fuck about them?

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Like 1

Yeah I got the hint.. it's not about the lack of music anymore, but the attitude and lack of respect towards the fans..

At this point I would suggest the owners/moderators of this forum stop giving the band the privilege of a dedicated fan funded and notable online community..

Turn this into a broader forum based on different bands, films and so on..

I'm really just about finished with this farce.

Edited by rhiad85
  • Like 3

Guns N Roses should be trying to find whoever in their ranks keeps handing these leaks out for free. We get punished but whoever on the inside is doing the real damage gets to sit back and keep collecting a paycheck

It's been obvious to me that this is case since at least 2001 or 2002. But no, I don't think the Axl nutswingers are ever gonna stop drinking the kool-aid.

"Don't stop....believing......"

I wasn't a nut swinger. But I was a fan no more though.

Unfortunately it seems that the potential that I thought this band had back in 2009 and 2010 is not coming into reality. It is a shame really...

All in all this whole situation certainly makes me appreciate Ron a lot more considering he seems to be someone who actually wants to do something, that and plus his whole Going Down tweet that makes me feel like he understands and empathizes with us. I don't get that feeling with a lot of people involved with GNR at this point in time

Edited by WhazUp

Has the fanbase yet gotten the hint that GN'R, it's members and management, at best do not care at all about the fans or what the fans want, and at worst view the fanbase with contempt, as the enemy?

Beta's alleged texting stating: "I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material. Well, I guess that's it. We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything. MSL and co will pay for what they did"

we're not knocking ourselves out to release new music. There's no need to, now. It's not the time or place."

1. Never heard of that text.

2. I don't think he was talking about a GNR album there. He seemed to be addressing another musical project

we're not knocking ourselves out to release new music. There's no need to, now. It's not the time or place."

1. Never heard of that text.

2. I don't think he was talking about a GNR album there. He seemed to be addressing another musical project

He was talking about GNR.

Guns N Roses should be trying to find whoever in their ranks keeps handing these leaks out for free. We get punished but whoever on the inside is doing the real damage gets to sit back and keep collecting a paycheck

Not just that, but it's very likely that this person in their ranks handing out this material is dealing in exchange for a good monetary return.. this is the bigger problem that should be addressed, not a helpless fan handing out their hard earned money to a "source" for material which is then freely passed along the community..

Edited by rhiad85

I just think it's a weird situation, where a few people want new material, whereas maybe the market in general doesn't want it that much. The label probably thinks if they tour we'll sell more copies of all their records.

They care about getting our money...that's about all. A part of me hopes DJ and Ron bail soon....they're too classy for this band. Axhole Rose can go suck a dick, and Beta can come scrub my toilet.

Edited by tat2d1

If she really sent that tweet, then fuck her sideways. She acts as if she owns GNR. You've done nothing for this band bitch. People loved this band the world over back when you were scrubbing toilets, now you're in charge GNR are the laughing stock of the music industry. Good job bitch.

Edited by Towelie

The thing is though, we all know that "the band" are up for making new music. It's not fair on members like Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Frank. I honesty believe that if this goes on Ron will be soon to exit the door, because we all know how he feels... and that was a year ago. Axl get all the guys in the room and tell them that from now on GN'R will only exist as a nostalgia band, and no new music will be created. But all this "we are working on new music" and "we are excited for the future" is wearing thin. I mean didn't DJ say a new album won't be as long as CD, and this was like 2009/10. For fuck sake it's getting a joke now to be fair... I bet somewhere Robin is laughing his fuckin head off.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

The thing is though, we all know that "the band" are up for making new music. It's not fair on members like Ron, Richard, Tommy, Chris, Frank. I honesty believe that if this goes on Ron will be soon to exit the door, because we all know how he feels... and that was a year ago. Axl get all the guys in the room and tell them that from now on GN'R will only exist as a nostalgia band, and no new music will be created. But all this "we are working on new music" and "we are excited for the future" is wearing thin. I mean didn't DJ say a new album won't be as long as CD, and this was like 2009/10. For fuck sake it's getting a joke now to be fair... I bet somewhere Robin is laughing his fuckin head off.

Don't forget Bucket and Brain laughing too.

The real underlying joke of all the reunion talk is that even if Slash and Duff ever came back the band would probably still not accomplish shit since Team-Brazil-Toliet-Cleaners are in charge now. Can y'all imagine Beta and Perla getting along?

I remember when Chris Jericho said Beta came in to sniff the room/vibe of the radio show Axl did in 06. Well Beta can sniff my ass now. She'd prolly feel right at home coming from a background of scrubbing toilets.

Edited by T.W.A.T.