Which of us would be the best GNR manager?

ManetsBR

Although it's made me unpopular, I've been very public with my views that Fernando is doing a great job as manager. I've also been very public with my views that leaks are detrimental to the band.

I honestly have no idea if that text from Beta was genuine, but her disdain for me is nothing new.

I will continue to assist if/when GNR needs my help with tracking down the source of leaks. I know that makes me a villain here and I'm at peace with that.

I do have a history of managing big name talent in the wrestling world and I do have a history working in the music industry, but current GNR management is doing a fine job and the last thing GNR needs is another management change. Even if the position was open, there are people far more qualified than I am.

Aren't these all the leaks that you traded for a copy of Grenade

We heard rumored 4 song trade to get the Grenade then you sold your alternate versions to Troccoli for cash

So you're helping Team Brazil find the source of the leaks?

msl's that kid who gets picked for a team at recess only because all the other kids feel bad for him. but in his mind he's the mvp who's playing team brazil, and gnr forums because he's a misunderstood genius a la axl.

Although it's made me unpopular, I've been very public with my views that Fernando is doing a great job as manager. I've also been very public with my views that leaks are detrimental to the band.

I honestly have no idea if that text from Beta was genuine, but her disdain for me is nothing new.

I will continue to assist if/when GNR needs my help with tracking down the source of leaks. I know that makes me a villain here and I'm at peace with that.

I do have a history of managing big name talent in the wrestling world and I do have a history working in the music industry, but current GNR management is doing a fine job and the last thing GNR needs is another management change. Even if the position was open, there are people far more qualified than I am.

Who have you managed in wrestling? Serious question, I'd genuinely like to know because it sounds interesting.

Here is my platform

I'd fire Beta/Fernando as spokesmen.

This would be my 10 year plan.

Each band member would have to do thirty minutes a month of public relations. That's it. Thirty minutes a month. That's less than eight minutes a week. An interview with a magazine. Call a music radio station. Do a podcast. Spend 15-20 minutes at a fan forum and just chat with the fans. Thirty minutes a month. You spend more time than that a month on the toilet dropping deuces. You can dedicate thirty minutes to the fans.

Release an EP ASAP.

Studio versions of Going Down. Seeker. Riff Raff. ONE NEW SONG.

Side two would be acoustic/remix versions of: This I Love, Better, Catcher and TWAT.

Christmas 2013 - release a live DVD and CD of the best concert footage available

Summer 2014 - release double album, ala Illusions

One album of left over CD songs

One album solely written/recorded by the new band

Tour the world

Christmas of 2015 - Greatest hits album that includes 3 new songs

2016 - band vacations, side projects, etc.

Summer of 2017 release new album

Tour the world

2020............Box Set

Album by current band

Axl's autobiography

Illusions backstage footage that Axl has hidden away in his library

Backstage DVD of the current band - a documentary of the Axl's band since the classic lineup

And a couple live concert DVDs featuring the best performances from GnR since the beginning of the band

Retire the GnR name

2023...........Axl releases an acoustic/piano solo album, featuring a couple songs with Slash/Izzy/Duff.

How amazing would that be??????

Very good! I don't think the manager/s needs to change to make more green lights happen. Hire a great publicist instead of a spokesperson.

Edited by ohlovelyrita

I was made aware that a certain individual had gotten their hands on the song and I knew that person had leaked things in the past. That's how I knew everyone would be hearing it soon. I didn't know exactly when it would leak, I just knew that person had shown in the past that they couldn't help themselves. They didn't even cover their tracks well, so a lot of us have figured out exactly who it was that uploaded the track.
When GNR sent me a threatening email, I lost my cool and posted some disparaging things. I shouldn't have done that and I deleted them when I calmed down. If Beta's text is legit, it's hard for me to get mad if she was just reacting in the heat of the moment. I did the same thing. Hopefully cooler heads have prevailed.
I have no interest in GNR beyond being a fan. Yes, there is a GNR section on my website, but I use proboards and do not make any money from my website. So unlike some other sites, I do not benefit when this kind of stuff happens. We all know where the leaks were posted and it sure as hell wasn't on my site.
As a fan of GNR, I don't want things to leak because I don't want it to potentially delay future releases. Yes, I have built a strong brand and because of that people often send me things. It's well known I have hours of unreleased material. GNR knows exactly what I have and they know exactly how I got it. If they want me to delete it, I will. They probably have more important things to worry about, especially since a lot of people have what I have. This stuff has been floating around for years.
As for the Grenade CD, that is old news. I got that years ago and sold it shortly thereafter.

lucius, check out www.youtube.com/scotthallTV

Seems a bit odd when you were selling a Grenade in the Memorabilia section of this site only a couple of months back and Troccoli only recently purchased his :tongue2:

Here is my platform

I'd fire Beta/Fernando as spokesmen.

This would be my 10 year plan.

Each band member would have to do thirty minutes a month of public relations. That's it. Thirty minutes a month. That's less than eight minutes a week. An interview with a magazine. Call a music radio station. Do a podcast. Spend 15-20 minutes at a fan forum and just chat with the fans. Thirty minutes a month. You spend more time than that a month on the toilet dropping deuces. You can dedicate thirty minutes to the fans.

Release an EP ASAP.

Studio versions of Going Down. Seeker. Riff Raff. ONE NEW SONG.

Side two would be acoustic/remix versions of: This I Love, Better, Catcher and TWAT.

Christmas 2013 - release a live DVD and CD of the best concert footage available

Summer 2014 - release double album, ala Illusions

One album of left over CD songs

One album solely written/recorded by the new band

Tour the world

Christmas of 2015 - Greatest hits album that includes 3 new songs

2016 - band vacations, side projects, etc.

Summer of 2017 release new album

Tour the world

2020............Box Set

Album by current band

Axl's autobiography

Illusions backstage footage that Axl has hidden away in his library

Backstage DVD of the current band - a documentary of the Axl's band since the classic lineup

And a couple live concert DVDs featuring the best performances from GnR since the beginning of the band

Retire the GnR name

2023...........Axl releases an acoustic/piano solo album, featuring a couple songs with Slash/Izzy/Duff.

How amazing would that be??????

Now my vote goes to Groghan.

I thought MSL was bluffing stating he had all those unreleased tracks months back but seems like he really had them

Ok, I've changed my mind and vote for MSL.

no biggie dude. i know you didn't mean anything malicious by it. my point was simply that it's very easy for inaccurate info to quickly become "fact" in the eyes of the fans. it's one of the problems GNR has had to deal with due to so many inaccurate statements for so long by former members trying to demonize axl.

I'm a bit like Axl with time didn't even realize all that talk was in 2012