Do you think Interscope takes Team Brazil seriously?

Vincent Vega

GNR are contracted to Interscope, therefore Interscope have a vested interest in GNR. Seeing as Team Brazil are the official representatives of GNR, quite clearly Interscope have to take Team Brazil seriously. They mightn't necessarily want to, and in fact if it weren't for the possibility of a reunion GNR as a brand would probably be ousted very quickly.

Of course they don't.

Axl is the only one who doesn't understand that Team Brazil is the root cause of everything wrong in his professional life,

Interscope probably looks at TB as a cancer within GNR, and the less that is heard or seen of them in their eyes the better.

Quite honestly? No, I don't. Because I think they see them from the same perspective we do: they realize Axl was difficult for many years and that they offered him many managers and that he ultimately jettisoned some of the leading managers of the music industry in favor of someone whose prior job was literally being a house maid, and someone who wouldn't feel compelled to try to do what was better for the label. Beta does what is better for Axl. Or, rather: what Axl thinks is better for Axl. That's the problem: a good manager works both sides and makes compromises and meets on a middle ground. By hiring Team Brazil, Axl effectively made it all about him and his own personal deires. So why would the label feel compelled to indulge them? If Axl were still 20-something and a hot ticket then they'd cater to every whim of his, but the fact is he's not at that level anymore, and the label probably realizes a reunion tour is their biggest incentive. I think MSL talks a big game sometimes but I do actually believe him when he says that the band turned in a record in 2010 and the label rejected it -- Chinese Democracy was ultimately only released out of contractual obligation and because of its mythical history; I'm not sure Geffen/Interscope has any incentive to release another GN'R record under the current lineup for the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm not saying I want that, btw. I obviously would love to see Slash, Duff and all of them make amends and play together again. But I'm also very happy with Tommy and Ron and co. I just want new music, period.

• Like 1

I think MSL talks a big game sometimes but I do actually believe him when he says that the band turned in a record in 2010 and the label rejected it -- Chinese Democracy was ultimately only released out of contractual obligation and because of its mythical history; I'm not sure Geffen/Interscope has any incentive to release another GN'R record under the current lineup for the reasons I mentioned above.

If this is true, is it possible for us to get new music from GNR (legally I mean, not leaks) without going through the label?

I love the Consuela analogy. We've come to a decision Mrs. Lebeis, we feel Chinese Democracy II is not a viable idea at this point.

consuela.jpg?w=560

Labels are pretty much only interested in one thing and that is making money.

Basically their focus will be on new and hot bands. Something they can build hype around.

With GNR that ship has sailed. They had a chance with CD and then blew it. They won't take anything GNR related serious ever again.

I don't know who has rights to what, but if possible I would like to see GNR independently release music. Put it on iTunes or something. Anything.

Axl has so much money it makes some excuses just ridiculous. "Roy Thomas Baker wanted to rerecord everything" .. well, just fire the guy and hire someone else. I don't see the problem.

It's all just excuses.. lame too. It's a shame because I would love to hear new GNR music. I just don't feel it's gonna happen anytime soon.