What is Axl's greatest strength? Being a frontman, singing, or songwriting?

Vincent Vega

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you feel Axl's greatest strength was and is?

Some lead singers are better known as frontmen rather than vocalists (Mick Jagger is a better frontman and lyricist than he is a singer). Others are known as songwriters and vocalists, but necessarily not frontmen (think John Lennon or Elton John), others are known for their skills as a frontman and their singing (think Robert Plant or Freddie Mercury). Some known for their abilities as a frontman and singer, but not their songwriting (think Elvis).

Where did Axl fall in the old days, and where does he fall now?

Edited by Vincent Vega

In his prime I would say his singing was just otherworldly to me, his voice was just perfect. Still he was the total package but I chose singing.

Now I would say he's still a great front man I don't see any frontman do what he does onstage especially at 50 years of age.

Have you ever heard of two things called November Rain and Estranged? When Axl gets a muse, he's one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

His biggest strength is and was songwriting.

Without hits like Estranged and November Rain he could sing and scream all he wanted, but nobody would have cared. It's the songs that matter.

Just look at Bob Dylan. Can't sing much, isn't much of a frontman. But he has written the most famous and cool tunes. He is an icon because of it.

If Axl would release some new epic songs we would have a completely different situation right now.