My World

liers

I never talked to anyone about it. I did read somewhere that Izzy was like what's this shit. I think its cool. Also its not like it took up any space from something else. Anytime where Axl is getting creative is cool with me. The first time I heard the record was 1 day before it game out when Axl send over a copy for us. I heard the new songs for the first time when they did the 3 gig club tour in May 1991. Also I didn't hang out at the studio for those records.

Edited by recklessroad

I think its pretty cool.

I read somewhere, I think it was the Axl chats, he said he was doin mushrooms and just messing around. Duff liked it, and Axl claimed Slash did to, but then Slash was quoted as saying the song sucked and it caused a problem. Something like that, Axl tells the story better somewhere in the chats.

I never talked to anyone about it. I did read somewhere that Izzy was like what's this shit. I think its cool. Also its not like it took up any space from something else. Anytime where Axl is getting creative is cool with me. The first time I heard the record was 1 day before it game out when Axl send over a copy for us. I heard the new songs for the first time when they did the 3 gig club tour in May 1991. Also I didn't hang out at the studio for those records

Did you drive past Tower before midnight to see the line of people waiting to get UYI? I also wonder if anyone in the band had...

I never talked to anyone about it. I did read somewhere that Izzy was like what's this shit. I think its cool. Also its not like it took up any space from something else. Anytime where Axl is getting creative is cool with me. The first time I heard the record was 1 day before it game out when Axl send over a copy for us. I heard the new songs for the first time when they did the 3 gig club tour in May 1991. Also I didn't hang out at the studio for those records

Did you drive past Tower before midnight to see the line of people waiting to get UYI? I also wonder if anyone in the band had...

I did and got some cool video of that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marc, in the chats that Axl had on this website a few years ago he got pretty in depth about this song. He said it was a demo and nothing more, he played it for Slash and Duff and they said it was awesome and to put it on the album as is. Even though he thought it needed more work, Slash pushed on saying not to change a thing. Axl said he thought Slash knew the track would get bashed and it was done to make Axl look bad. Any thoughts on that?

I don't think Slash knew the song would get bashed. I can't say if he liked it or not but it doesn't matter. The band is like a relationship, sometimes you have to give in to what the other person wants to do. Also since it was just something extra, and the record was already late, Slash just wanted to get it out as fast as possible and I'm sure didn't want to spend anymore money making the record.

I could see how people might take My World as Axl giving a clue to what he thought the next record should be like. As a concept anyways, not full out industrial. The song at least shows that Axl was willing to do something radical and release it to.

Marc, in the chats that Axl had on this website a few years ago he got pretty in depth about this song. He said it was a demo and nothing more, he played it for Slash and Duff and they said it was awesome and to put it on the album as is. Even though he thought it needed more work, Slash pushed on saying not to change a thing. Axl said he thought Slash knew the track would get bashed and it was done to make Axl look bad. Any thoughts on that?

That accusation is a little paranoid to say the least...

It just shows what kind of communication problems these two had with each other. I'm not sure if Slash liked it or not but I can imagine that telling Axl it was great and could be released on the record was a step made to please him, some kind of sacrifice to make him happy and then it got twisted like that in Axl's mind.

Generally, reading through everything they said, starting from the first band interviews until recently, I often saw a similar thing happening. Slash letting go and making a sacrifice about smth and Axl not seeing it at all, usually thinking Slash wanted it that way. And vice-versa cause it worked both ways. Personally, I am sure that, contrary to what is often believed, especially recently, these two had a very close, loving relationship in which both parties genuinly wanted the best for one another but, ineed, the way their minds work is so different that it made it impossible. Good intentions and attempts at doing something good for the other were taken as an insult rather than appreciated, a misunderstanding followed a misunderstanding, those misunderstandings did not get explained when they should have been and it got built up to the point where there was no turning back because the trust and the faith in the other person was gone. Sad because it is sort of nobody's fault but it sometimes happens to people.

Sometimes what is meaningless to me is a great insult and hurt to somebody else and that person then gets even or blames me or yells at me and I don't understand why so I feel mistreated and I feel hurt and so I become unpleasant and it's a sort of chain reaction that leads to a catastrophe. That's why I believe Marc is totally right that they needed someone to explain to them how the other mind works and where certain things came from. Too bad there was noone there to do it :(