Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

Look what he post on HTGTH:

.... look at this guy.

Spent a few hours reading through what you call "MORE ACTIVE FORUMS", all I read is hatred, racism, put downs, etc...

I along with others can come to either our forums or Jarmo's and actually learn a thing or two, take advice and pay it forward, read a thread without having to shower afterwards, unlike these other "more active forums" you claim.

One thing I learned, there is always someone in whom thinks they can do your job better than you. These people are people in whom didn't receive a lot of attention as children; or bullies that thrive in the failures of others, for the sole purpose of the "I told you so" mentality. Which is truly sad and not a way to live.

We are all on the same boat, to follow a band we love, respect and want to see nothing but the best; however the destructive criticism hinders the outcome. If your questions go unanswered, I for one am sorry - I wish I did have more time to read through the hate to figure out what the real questions were. There is a lot of hate. Have I mentioned of how much hate there is out there? A lot.

In regards of this "open letter" to management. I got mine through a Facebook PM. Please do imagine how many messages I receive on FB, thousands, which after reading these so-called other forums, I am like, oh - apparently I received a letter that I ignored and ignited further hate towards me as a person, as a minority and as a man or as most of them claim boy. In the defense of our FB administrator - he did tell me that we had received 5 questions, of the basic form wanting to know what's going on with new music, etc...

Though I am not belittling anyone in whom conjured these questions; I did not know there was a huge letter attached to it, where it got left unanswered, or as you would say in deaf ears, etc... I understand the frustration to have such a letter go unanswered. Though it doesn't merit the outcome on these so-called other more active forums.

I do apologize, if my apology means anything to some, sorry. The GNR FB post, was not an answer to this letter, it truly was just poor timing; but if you are the person in whom thinks negatively 100% of the time, whatever gets said or not said, will always gets contorted to fit your fantasy and further the hate/love towards someone you know nothing about. (I do say "you" in a general form, not directed at any one individual.)

• Like 1

I'm glad that he took the time to acknowledge the existence of the letter and formally apologize for not replying. I don't expect we'll get answers however given the wave of abuse which followed that unprofessional tweet by GNR.

Hopefully he reads that letter and realises the only hate/negativity is due to lack of appreciation from the fan and management - appreciation at the most fundamental level, aside from the time and money invested by fans in this community buying the albums, buying merchandise, travelling to visit the shows, and running/maintaining this forum out of respect.

I wonder what there is constructive he could take away from the official forums or HTGTH forums? Take advice for what?

DJ messed up a solo - post deleted

A certain song wasn't played - "Axl doesn't play the show for you internet warrior"

Interest in a new album - "You're not entitled to anything stop complaining"

So what type of advice or feedback could be taken away from places like that? ""Richard's guitar should be louder in the mix"..?

Of course there is going to be hate when certain members of your team/crew call fans assholes, make explicit references to genitalia, label them as complainers, and so on.. none of this would have happened if there was some respect, and some communication..

How about a Fernando Q&A section? Give him a chance to come here, and to interact with the fans directly, the passionate fans who really CARE.. who really see the potential of this band and want to give their support.. and to get some real honest feedback to take on board..

Probably not even worth it though..

Edited by rhiad85
  • Like 3

I'm glad that he took the time to acknowledge the existence of the letter and formally apologize for not replying. I don't expect we'll get answers however given the wave of abuse which followed that unprofessional tweet by GNR.

What "unprofessional tweet" would that be? The one where they told us they would inform us of plans as soon as anything was concrete?

What "unprofessional tweet" would that be? The one where they told us they would inform us of plans as soon as anything was concrete?

I refuse to get into one of your long-winded arguements. It was a poorly written tweet.

It must be difficult to come to a forum and read vicious and personal comments about your family, I think any reasonable person would agree with that. Sadly we seem to be in a situation recently where both sides are constantly looking for things to take offence at and possibly misconstrued. It seems that the camp will not make peace with us unless the forum takes to Jarmo style moderation which would effectively sign it's own death warrant, the GnR fanbase has no need of two HTGTH.

I don't know what the answer is.

I don't understand that waste of time from him, if he apologizes, why don't he answer? .______.

I assume that despite Manets and NGOG being amongst the more supportive posters here they are being punished for the sins of others.

Even I was guilty of lashing out but at the end of the day I support modern day GNR and will always go to the shows, buy the merch etc.

Fernando doesn't seem to grasp the fact that the 'hate' has an origin. It's not, at least by the genuine fans, perpetrated to please a sense of racism. If they would give 5 minutes of their day to discuss the musical future of GNR the level of angst would reduce remarkably.

Complaining on this forum isn't going to help anything, its just driving the management away - less chance of getting those questions answered.

There is no need to daily bash anyone. We have been black listed as a forum since the last time fernando came here, when axl had to step in. So its the moderators that need to tighten the noose on here if they want any involvement with the band.

We have ready had slander and racist comments in this thread alone. The forum is only digging it's own grave - if the goal is to build better fan/managment relations.

I don't understand that waste of time from him, if he apologizes, why don't he answer? .______.

I assume that despite Manets and NGOG being amongst the more supportive posters here they are being punished for the sins of others.

Even I was guilty of lashing out but at the end of the day I support modern day GNR and will always go to the shows, buy the merch etc.

Fernando doesn't seem to grasp the fact that the 'hate' has an origin. It's not, at least by the genuine fans, perpetrated to please a sense of racism. If they would give 5 minutes of their day to discuss the musical future of GNR the level of angst would reduce remarkably.

I agree but that's obviously not their perception. I think we have just reached a point where anything said by either side is taken as a slight on the other. I don't know what the solution is but it seems clear from his statement that there will not be any relationship unless the mods here yield to their wishes re moderation of the forum.

The band members themselves aren't able to really say whether a new album will ever see the light of day so I suppose that in itself should be a bigger concern as a manager than what the forums think of all this joke...

But maybe I'm wrong and manager = PR agent in GnR world.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Some people here really take things too personal. Team Brazil has been insulted in the lowest ways here pretty often by some limited minds (housekeeper from third world countries etc.). So I kind of understand Fernandos reaction. However it would actually help if he adressed some of the questions.