40 best live acts in the world 2013 (#35 GN'R)

Silent Jay

Did Pearl Jam play a show in 2013 yet?

Yup, you can actually get some of the shows on iTunes at the moment from some of their SA dates earlier this year

The stones are boring live man, I saw a live show on vh1 and I didn't even no when the song would change. It all sounded the same, still I know GnR or Axl sounds like crap most of the times but shit I'd personally take my fav bands hits over The Stones borefest.

I saw The Stones earlier this year and they still got it, the show was incredible. Definitely not a borefest in the slightest, actually I was quite surprised at how at their age they can rock as well as they did

Edited by WhazUp

The shows are pretty good, we all know that - sad thing is Axl's voice isn't on par with the instrumental.

Now I see why he isn't on the list.

Exactly. When I heard that Rocket Queen I wanted it to end waaaay faster... that was the most boring Rocket Queen ever. I was waiting for the best part of the solo and the song, but he went on and on with a too repetitive - arguably Slash's most repetitive ever as it's even a match to the one from the Zakk Wylde jam - improvised solo that didn't add a thing to the song - in fact it made the song much worse in my books.

• Like 1

You know whats funny, we've spent years whining that the media always gave Axl and co a hard time, finally some media sources are giving them good reviews and some props for a great show - but fans now say that the band's crap live because of his voice... Are we in bizarro world?????

I just had a look on heretodaygonetohell - it's a bit more polite but the general gist of what we"re all saying is there... NEW MUSIC NOT MORE TOURS.

The shows are pretty good, we all know that - sad thing is Axl's voice isn't on par with the instrumental.

Exactly. When I heard that Rocket Queen I wanted it to end waaaay faster... that was the most boring Rocket Queen ever. I was waiting for the best part of the solo and the song, but he went on and on with a too repetitive - arguably Slash's most repetitive ever as it's even a match to the one from the Zakk Wylde jam - improvised solo that didn't add a thing to the song - in fact it made the song much worse in my books.

Have to agree, I saw Slash in 2012 at Brixton academy, when he did the extended solo during Rocket queen I nearly fell asleep... on top of that he did a ten minute blues jam/solo.... why on earth would Slash need to play a ten minute blues solo, all his solo's are blues, he gets to play about 20 solo's each night - the blues jam is overkill.

Guns N' Roses are a far better concert, much more entertaining and they actually sound like a band. Slash and co never seemed to click (in my opinion)

The stones are boring live man, I saw a live show on vh1 and I didn't even no when the song would change. It all sounded the same, still I know GnR or Axl sounds like crap most of the times but shit I'd personally take my fav bands hits over The Stones borefest.

Their songs all sound the same? your kidding right? they wrote some of the greatest songs in Rock history...........and if you have never seen them live you have no real idea how amazing they are...it is not just a concert it is an event..........

• Like 1

Have to agree, I saw Slash in 2012 at Brixton academy, when he did the extended solo during Rocket queen I nearly fell asleep... on top of that he did a ten minute blues jam/solo.... why on earth would Slash need to play a ten minute blues solo, all his solo's are blues, he gets to play about 20 solo's each night - the blues jam is overkill.

Though sitting thru a DJ, Bumblefoot, Fortus, Tommy , Dizzy and Axl solo every show plus band jam isn't over kill at all.

Gotcha'.

Though sitting thru a DJ, Bumblefoot, Fortus, Tommy , Dizzy and Axl solo every show plus band jam isn't over kill at all.

Gotcha'.

or DJ butchering Slash's solos............ :lol:

You know whats funny, we've spent years whining that the media always gave Axl and co a hard time, finally some media sources are giving them good reviews and some props for a great show - but fans now say that the band's crap live because of his voice... Are we in bizarro world?????

I just had a look on heretodaygonetohell - it's a bit more polite but the general gist of what we"re all saying is there... NEW MUSIC NOT MORE TOURS.

Guns N' Roses are a far better concert, much more entertaining and they actually sound like a band. Slash and co never seemed to click (in my opinion)

Is your mom's name Val?

Gotcha'.

They play *SONGS*, not solos. Somehow you had to post your nonsense but he's right - Slash is already a bluesy guy so why another 10 plus minutes blues-based solo?

Where is Slash on this list?

:lol:

And here...we...go!

The band's live act IS good. It's solid, even if Axl's vocals aren't at their strongest. You can deride the band for some of the other stuff that's been going on lately (or, rather, hasn't been going on) but I don't really take issue with their live performances. The band itself fires on all cylinders. Someone who's just going to see the hits played would likely walk out feeling like they had a good time.

• Like 1

The Stones are great live, as in, in person. I was lucky to see them twice, once at GIANTS stadium and again at MSG. Two great shows.

Saw Guns twice to, I give the edge to them only because they are my favorite band but the Stones aren't a bore fest live.

Gotcha'.

They play *SONGS*, not solos. Somehow you had to post your nonsense but he's right - Slash is already a bluesy guy so why another 10 plus minutes blues-based solo?

Fortus and Ashba just do little solos, and bumble and tommy play their solo songs nobody gives a wet fart about. Call em what you want but it's ridiculous overkill regardless and neuters the energy.

Although I don't care for his output these days, Slash's live playing is killer, and while I agree he should cut the rocket queen improv a tad, he's more precise and on point than ever.

Listen to his godfather from made in stoke. Guy still shines when he wants to.

so strange to me....it seems like outside our own community of rabid gnr fans, people like the 2012 axl voice....just so puzzling

We haven't noticed the voting, they would have been #1.

But that's good to know that there's another group out there.....

Bruce should be No. 1. Good to see Portishead on there, I was really not expecting them to be so great live when I saw them at EXIT 2011.

I've only seen Portishead live once. It was right after the second album came out and holy shit, what an awesome show!

• Like 1

People, brace for the controversial thing I am about to say...

I love GNR AND Slash live!!!

Dear God and Sweet Jesus, can you believe that is possible?

Although I do like GNR live more, Slash is still killer! And the Stones should be way higher, their show I saw in Chicago this year was @IU$!!!!ing amazing!

Wonder where the current boys would be if they didn't play the classic band's back catalog?

If they played all the music Axl has released post-classic line-up.

Personally I wouldn't mind at all. I'd go in a heartbeat if the next tour featured 20 songs created by Axl since the breakup and 4 classic songs (I suppose the majority would want jungle, scom, nov rain and p-city).

I just wonder if under that scenario, GnR would get voted as the 35th best rock show around?