Would you like to see a Q&A section of the forum for Axl/band members/management to answer and moderate?

UK SUBS

It's not that hard to figure out. This isn't a waste of time. It took Subs 10 seconds to make the thread an extend the offer. That's not the point.

Fernando purposely went to a smaller less active rival forum, to specifically trash the posters here and this forum as a whole. Silly, yes. But it's how he chose to handle it. He basically outlined what his/TB/the band's issues are with us.

Our admin, in response, has offered to do something about it. Invite them here, speak with the fans, and let's see if we can all work together to find some happy medium, where neither the band/management and the fans are made to feel like the bad guys. Certainly we can have some sort of truce? For anyone who wasn't here when Axl came to talk, it really was a great time to be a fan. Even the most hard core cynical posters were positive and on their best behavior. Does anyone really think any of this will actually happen? You know what, It doesn't even matter, because the most important point that is being overlooked, is that we TRIED. So, if the offer is ignored, or declined, any future credibility is lost if you choose to go on another forum or social media outlet to bitch about us ever again. It's brilliant.

• Like 1

And concerning Marc, How can anyone give him a hard time considering what he contributes

I won't go into specifics, but yes there are people that would give him a hard time if they could. It's the internet, people would give Mother Teresa a hard time if they could.

There are always cupcakes mate but as someone has said members here have been pretty respectful of Marc. And for those times when they weren't he pretty much ignored them instead of feeding them.........

Absolutely not, would not want to compromise any amount of free speech here.

Its a good idea in theory, but based on whats happening between fans/band, it would not add any bridges.

Axl would not partake in it, and why on earth would you want band members to moderate sections of this forum anyway?

And concerning Marc, How can anyone give him a hard time considering what he contributes

I won't go into specifics, but yes there are people that would give him a hard time if they could. It's the internet, people would give Mother Teresa a hard time if they could.

There are always cupcakes mate but as someone has said members here have been pretty respectful of Marc. And for those times when they weren't he pretty much ignored them instead of feeding them.........

What I'm saying is that having a special heavily moderated subforum for Marc has worked well by controlling the troublemakers, and I think a similar subforum for the band and Team Brazil would work equally well. Even if they don't post anything there, at least they could read and consider what real fans have to say.

What if, now bare with me, we offered Fernando to be a moderator on this forum...

I mean this in the most disrespectful way possible; you're a fucking moron.

Relax, I'm sure he really didn't mean that he wants all of us to get undressed with him. :laugh:

What I'm saying is that having a special heavily moderated subforum for Marc has worked well by controlling the troublemakers, and I think a similar subforum for the band and Team Brazil would work equally well. Even if they don't post anything there, at least they could read and consider what real fans have to say.

What if, now bare with me, we offered Fernando to be a moderator on this forum...

I mean this in the most disrespectful way possible; you're a fucking moron.

Relax, I'm sure he really didn't mean that he wants all of us to get undressed with him. :laugh:

Is Marc's subforum heavily moderated?

A truly great idea.

My only caveat is that it would have to be closely moderated to be effective for both parties. Trolling, insults, etc. would deter participation from GN'R and its management and also prevent those of us with sincere, well thought-out and polite questions from getting a chance to have our questions seen.

Another option would be to pre-arrange Q&A times that are convenient for GN'R and when at least a couple of mods can commit to being online for moderation purposes.

Just some thoughts, though.

Ali

I'm not around enough to see whether posts are getting hidden or not, but that's always been my understanding and his subforum is the only one that has this underneath it:

- Please keep it to courteous and polite conversation within this section.

- Please construct tactful, well thought out comments or questions for Marc to consider.

I'm not around enough to see whether posts are getting hidden or not, but that's always been my understanding and his subforum is the only one that has this underneath it:

- Please keep it to courteous and polite conversation within this section.

- Please construct tactful, well thought out comments or questions for Marc to consider.

Not sure how you get that his forum is "heavily moderated" based on some basic requests for simple courtesy...........one of my favorite subforums and I go there everyday and have not seen any "heavy moderation"....once in while a poster will be rude but I have never seen anyone censored or a thread closed.........

Instead of strictly controlling a sub-forum why not control the whole forum.

Why not go to HTGTH?

i do but its to quiet. Also this forum used to be so much more positive. My roots lie firmly here anyway, but its clear something needs to be done when we are black listed.

Just have a bit of pride, if someone is slagging your favourite band off on that bands forum, then deal with them. For instance if i was a mod, that little cuntish remark from arnold would get him warned.