Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Found a copy of Nazareth's Razamanaz for $5, the sleeve is beat up but the album is almost mint, so I've got that blasting right now. Also picked up the first Arctic Monkeys album today.

Great Nazareth album! cleaned up that LP and my copies of "Loud and Proud", "Rampant" and "Hair of the Dog" I bought in the 70's and had a Nazareth marathon while cleaning my old LP's and they are all great albums..........very underrated band IMHO...........

Trying to fill the few gaps in my Stones collection and have this coming from a seller in England who sells fantastic vinyl always in excellent shape.............only few left and will have all the studio albums through Dirty Work.....

924428134_tp.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Great Nazareth album! cleaned up that LP and my copies of "Loud and Proud", "Rampant" and "Hair of the Dog" I bought in the 70's and had a Nazareth marathon while cleaning my old LP's and they are all great albums..........very underrated band IMHO...........

Trying to fill the few gaps in my Stones collection and have this coming from a seller in England who sells fantastic vinyl always in excellent shape.............only few left and will have all the studio albums through Dirty Work.....

924428134_tp.jpg

I've always liked Nazareth but never really bothered to get into them (aside from the hits). Razamanaz is awesome though. Next one I pick up will probably be Hair Of The Dog.

And this arrived in the mail today, I've got it playing now :D

s-l300.jpg

I hate spending money on bootlegs, but it's a soundboard bootleg of a GNR show I was at - I couldn't not buy it :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've always liked Nazareth but never really bothered to get into them (aside from the hits). Razamanaz is awesome though. Next one I pick up will probably be Hair Of The Dog.

s-l300.jpg

I hate spending money on bootlegs, but it's a soundboard bootleg of a GNR show I was at - I couldn't not buy it :lol:

I find all the early Nazareth albums to be excellent so you should really like HOTD........

On 1/17/2017 at 8:04 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

s-l300.jpg

Where'd you get this one and which audio is it? I'd love to have that seeing as that's the show I went to!

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Where'd you get this one and which audio is it? I'd love to have that seeing as that's the show I went to!

I've seen a couple on ebay, also saw one in a local record store. It's the 'Double Shot' audio (I think that's the name?), the IEM mix. It's only 9 songs though, not the whole show.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've seen a couple on ebay, also saw one in a local record store. It's the 'Double Shot' audio (I think that's the name?), the IEM mix. It's only 9 songs though, not the whole show.

I looked it up on ebay since I asked. I'm glad it's the best audio but so bummed it's only 9 songs. 

12 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Picked up the la la land soundtrack a couple days ago. It's sold out most places but I found it at a local frys. I guess most people don't think to go to frys for vinyl.

I was just in the Las Vegas Frys a couple weeks back and was shocked at the amount of vinyl they had.

Just got this in the mail today...........Had this in the 70's but my copy disappeared probably "borrowed" and never returned. The claim to fame is this has no overdubs and are very raw performances. Another attempt by the record companies to put the bootleggers out of business if memory serves me.....

Cover and album look near mint so giving it a cleaning and a spin tonight..........

aerosmith.jpg

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1