Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I was actually coming in here to ask if you'd been to Amoeba :lol:

I gave my Elvis Presley Story a spin last night. 5 LPs of the king, it's beautiful. It also makes me want to change my list of top 10 EP songs

I only bought a shirt and some stickers from Amoeba, but it was still a fun visit.

As for Elvis, you need to dig into some of the live stuff my man: Elvis On Stage, Elvis In Person, As Recorded Live At Madison Square Garden, Elvis In Concert, etc.

I was actually coming in here to ask if you'd been to Amoeba :lol:

I gave my Elvis Presley Story a spin last night. 5 LPs of the king, it's beautiful. It also makes me want to change my list of top 10 EP songs

I only bought a shirt and some stickers from Amoeba, but it was still a fun visit.

As for Elvis, you need to dig into some of the live stuff my man: Elvis On Stage, Elvis In Person, As Recorded Live At Madison Square Garden, Elvis In Concert, etc.

Don't have them on vinyl but I've got all of those on my laptop. As Recorded Live At MSG and ARLA Boston Garden (and the 68 comeback special and Aloha from Hawai'i) are my favorite EP live albums

Russ- if you could recommend 1 Elvis LP to a casual fan what would it be?

The one that made me a fan was As Recorded At Madison Square Garden

Listening to it now. Sounds great and full of classics!

Right on. It's the first album I ever bought (at age 3) by anyone. The versions of You've Lost That Loving Feeling, Suspicious Minds and so on are top notch. I enjoy the hell out of the spin they put on Hound Dog as well.

Can vinyl be safely transported on planes? How should I keep it safe during the flight?

Funny you should ask. I just recently flew with records for the first time ever. What I did was wrap them in a bunch of clothes and put them in the center of my suit case. They made it through a 4.5 hour flight just fine, but I was nervous the whole time lol

• Like 1

Both copies of the Olivia Jean LP I've picked up have a defect in Side 1. Grr.

Gonna give it a third try today.

Did you purchase 2 copies or just swapped out the first defect for another? How does her solo stuff compare to Black Belles? I wasn't crazy about them.

Both copies of the Olivia Jean LP I've picked up have a defect in Side 1. Grr.

Gonna give it a third try today.

Did you purchase 2 copies or just swapped out the first defect for another? How does her solo stuff compare to Black Belles? I wasn't crazy about them.

I bought one which was defective and swapped it out for a second one that had the same defect. I took it back the other day and they're just ordering another one from Third Man. Here's hoping that one is fine.

I've never heard any of the Belles material so I couldn't compare the two.

Currently spinning Slave To The Grind by Skid Row. Easily one of my best high dollar purchases.

That goes for a lot?

I've had it for years.

Come to think of it, I think it was more hassle than high dollar. I've had it for around 3 years or so, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I think I was only able to find it overseas if I remember right.

Currently spinning Slave To The Grind by Skid Row. Easily one of my best high dollar purchases.

That goes for a lot?

I've had it for years.

Come to think of it, I think it was more hassle than high dollar. I've had it for around 3 years or so, so my memory is a little fuzzy. I think I was only able to find it overseas if I remember right.

Yeah i think mine is from the uk as well. I also had a hard time finding subhuman race but eventually did.

• Like 1

That goes for a lot?

I've had it for years.

Yeah i think mine is from the uk as well. I also had a hard time finding subhuman race but eventually did.

Oh shit. I never thought to look for Subhuman. I guess I just assumed it wasn't on vinyl

(heads to Discogs.com)