Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

The GNR section of my record collection is very awesome. Just added 2 that I've wanted for a while, and I'm waiting for a 3rd :D

What did you get and what are you waiting on?

CD/Shacklers 7"

Appetite promo (original artwork and sleeve)

My other record was just shipped... I'll post a pic when it gets here ;)

Nice. I've got that CD/Shacklers 7" and I love the sound of it.

Hit another record store yesterday and grabbed this following:

Death Grips - Exmilitary (Bootleg)

Rival Sons - Great Western Valkyrie

Snoop Dogg - Tha Doggfather

I need that Doggfather!

The Johnny Cash American Recordings box set is coming out his week but man it is pricey. But I am going to have to get it sooner or later.

Hit another record store yesterday and grabbed this following:

Death Grips - Exmilitary (Bootleg)

Rival Sons - Great Western Valkyrie

Snoop Dogg - Tha Doggfather

I need that Doggfather!

The Johnny Cash American Recordings box set is coming out his week but man it is pricey. But I am going to have to get it sooner or later.

I've been looking around for it for a while and just never see it. Walked into a place across state the other day and they had 3 sealed copies for $16 each!

I was just listening to American IV last night btw.

• Like 1

Latest Vault package from Third Man Records showed up today. That show from the Get Behind Me Satan Tour is bad ass.

I got mine yesterday. Loving it so far! Curious to see what they have in store of us for the next pack. I almost hope it's something I don't want because of the additional shipping and horrible exchange rates (not Third Man's fault).

Went down to Bowling Green & Toledo yesterday. There's a place in Toledo that I love called Culture Clash records and I found a bunch of stuff I'd been looking for. Checked out a place called Finders Records in Bowling Green that a friend recommended.

Had this one on my wishlist for a little while and finally pulled the trigger over the weekend:

30cr2fn.jpg

I'm a big an of Mobile Fidelity and I really like 45rpm pressings, so owning this was inevitable. I gotta say; they've REALLY outdone themselves with this pressing. They took an already great sounding LP and made it sound nothing short of astounding.

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a Rolling Stones buying jag lately and bought the following Vinyl

1. Get Yer Ya Ya's out first press UK Upton fully laminated cover release with a 1W/1W matrix in excellent + condition

2. Beggars Banquet 1st U.S. release

3. Let it Bleed 1st U.S.

4. Exile on Main Street 1st U.S.

5. Sticky FIngers with zipper but it is a 70's second release. People want crazy money for an original in EX + condition

6. It's Only RnR U.S. 1st sealed

7. Some Girls lawsuit cover sealed 2nd pressing but an early release before they have to change the cover

Also just bought copies of the Stones 1st and 2nd albums in Mono in EX condition which are coming from the U.K.

Missed out on a Goats Head Soup Factory test pressing that is a real 1W/1W matrix from the same guy in the UK who got it from a person who worked at the factory which was a bummer as it is really rare.

Trying to get first pressing of all the pre 81 bad albums in EX or better condition so still have some work to do.

Been on a Rolling Stones buying jag lately and bought the following Vinyl

1. Get Yer Ya Ya's out first press UK Upton fully laminated cover release with a 1W/1W matrix in excellent + condition

2. Beggars Banquet 1st U.S. release

3. Let it Bleed 1st U.S.

4. Exile on Main Street 1st U.S.

5. Sticky FIngers with zipper but it is a 70's second release. People want crazy money for an original in EX + condition

6. It's Only RnR U.S. 1st sealed

7. Some Girls lawsuit cover sealed 2nd pressing but an early release before they have to change the cover

Also just bought copies of the Stones 1st and 2nd albums in Mono in EX condition which are coming from the U.K.

Missed out on a Goats Head Soup Factory test pressing that is a real 1W/1W matrix from the same guy in the UK who got it from a person who worked at the factory which was a bummer as it is really rare.

Trying to get first pressing of all the pre 81 bad albums in EX or better condition so still have some work to do.

Well played. I went on a kick similar to that with Floyd not long ago. Eventually got eveything I wanted as far as studio and live albums go. There's 2 compliations that I still want, but I only want them for 1 song each so I'm just gonna take my time and wait til the price is exactly right.

• 2 weeks later...

Only partially record-related, but one of my local beer stores has Dogfish Head RSD pint glasses - picked one up today.

If it's possible to grab a second one, I'd enjoy that a great deal.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, but if I track one down I'll grab it for ya ;)

Stones Vinyl Fever continues.....................

Coming next week from the UK

1. Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet- original 1st pressing 1W/1W matrix, 1st mothers, EX+

2. Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup- 1st U.S. pressing, EX

Also finally bought all three recent vault releases on vinyl which are incoming next week

1. Some Girls Live in Texas 78

2. L.A. Forum 1975

3. Hampton Beach 1981

Picking up a copy of the Get Behind Me Satan record store day release.

Happy Record Store Day everyone!

Got everything I wanted (including Satan), except Brand New. Store only got 2 copies but they went to big fans, so that's cool. I ordered the regular version of it anyway, so I'm good.