Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just grabbed Pink Floyd's Relics for $12 :D The cover is beat up but the record plays well, so I'm happy about that. Also picked up:

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (re-issue)

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (the guy who owns the store down the street from me got a ton of metal records in, there was a stack of almost mint Maiden records in the bin)

I just grabbed Pink Floyd's Relics for $12 :D The cover is beat up but the record plays well, so I'm happy about that. Also picked up:

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (the guy who owns the store down the street from me got a ton of metal records in, there was a stack of almost mint Maiden records in the bin)

I love Relics. I should listen to it more than I do. I know it's a hits package and all, but there's so much good content there.

I love Relics. I should listen to it more than I do. I know it's a hits package and all, but there's so much good content there.

Yea, despite it being a compilation it's still gotta be one of my favorite Floyd releases. Julia Dream is fantastic.

So I've been collectving vinyl for years and I'm nearing about 200 albums I would say but the funny thing is I've never played any of them. The plan was to always wait until I settled down for a while, stopped moving around and wanted to get a proper system. Now it's time. So what kind of brands and players do you guys have and like? Go!

So I've been collectving vinyl for years and I'm nearing about 200 albums I would say but the funny thing is I've never played any of them. The plan was to always wait until I settled down for a while, stopped moving around and wanted to get a proper system. Now it's time. So what kind of brands and players do you guys have and like? Go!

I have a AT-LP240 that I love with an Ortofon 2M Bronze stylus that I also love.

They replaced that model turntable with the AT-LP1240 which I would easily buy as well.

• 3 weeks later...

One of my local shops had 40% off everything in the store yesterday to celebrate their 40th anniversary. It was a lot of CD's I picked up, but I did get Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight and At Budokan, Rush's Caress Of Steel, and Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry on vinyl.

The RSD BF list looks pretty shitty thus far. I'm only interested in the High Fidelity and Love & Mercy OSTs. Hoping for something better to be added on soon.

Just looked it over. The only thing that caught my attention was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Live From The Middle East, but I'm morally split over whether or not to get it. The album fals in a sort of grey area legally, where this subdivision of their label at the time is able to release it without the band's consent, and the band has openly expressed their dissatisfaction with this particular RSD release happening. However, this is the first time this album has been on vinyl, so...:shrugs:

The RSD BF list looks pretty shitty thus far. I'm only interested in the High Fidelity and Love & Mercy OSTs. Hoping for something better to be added on soon.

Just looked it over. The only thing that caught my attention was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Live From The Middle East, but I'm morally split over whether or not to get it. The album fals in a sort of grey area legally, where this subdivision of their label at the time is able to release it without the band's consent, and the band has openly expressed their dissatisfaction with this particular RSD release happening. However, this is the first time this album has been on vinyl, so... :shrugs:

That is a tough one. I'd probably end up grabbing it, but it does put you in a tough spot as a fan.

One of my local shops had 40% off everything in the store yesterday to celebrate their 40th anniversary. It was a lot of CD's I picked up, but I did get Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight and At Budokan, Rush's Caress Of Steel, and Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry on vinyl.

you should have waited. in ten years everything would have been half price

:P

• Like 1

Made a few more purchases than usual as of late:

Pink Floyd - A Collection of Great Dance Songs

There's pretty much no reason for me to own this other than being a completist. I still need to grab Works when I see it, but at least that has Embryo on it.

Anderson East - Delilah

Soul band that opened for The Lone Bellow this weekend. Haven't listened to the LP yet, but they put on a great show so I'm sure I'll like it.

Rush - Roll The Bones (Counterparts & Test For Echo are being purchased tomorrow)

I like their late 80s and early to mid-90s output, so these re-issues are great for me

Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream

I absolutely LOVE the new orchestrated version of the title cut, so I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Madonna - Rebel Heart

Got an Amazon deal for $9 so I took a chance. Actually a better album than I expected

Dwight Yoakam - Second Hand Heart

Same as above, got an Amazon deal for $5. This is a really, really good album.

• 2 weeks later...