Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Willis1988 said:

Ordered the Music on Vinyl pressing of Contraband, I’ve been wanting that album on vinyl for years now. I’m stoked! 

I'm waiting for MOV to put out Libertad. They put out solo albums from Izzy and Duff. I'm surprised they haven't released Libertad yet, especially having already done a re-release of Contraband.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 5:04 PM, Willis1988 said:

Ordered the Music on Vinyl pressing of Contraband, I’ve been wanting that album on vinyl for years now. I’m stoked! 

Their pressing of Contraband is legit, enjoy!

As for me, I picked up a whole host of stuff over the past couple of weeks. Some of it was just filling holes in my collection, others are things I'm really excited for. I'll finally get a chance to give all of them a spin tonight. Here's everything going into my bins tonight:

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (Boxed Set Reissue)
Bon Jovi - New Jersey (Boxed Set Reissue)
Bon Jovi - Lost Highway (Boxed Set)
Bon Jovi - Extras (Boxed Set)
Jon Bon Jovi - Blazy Of Glory (Boxed Set Reissue)
Jon Bon Jovi - Destination Anywhere (Boxed Set)
Culture Club - Life
Cracker - Kerosene Hat (MOV, 2LP)
Jewel - Greatest Hits
Men At Work - Cargo (MoFi, Silver Label)
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (MoFi, 2LP, 45rpm, One Step)
Nick Waterhouse - Never Twice

Also picked up the Zeppelin IV remaster, I forgot how amazing that album is, and the remastered sounds great! Now that I actually have a decent vinyl budget I need to pick up the rest of their albums, because I and IV both sound immense. I also need the few AC/DC ones I’m missing. So glad I can finally start really getting into expanding my collection :headbang:

1 hour ago, Willis1988 said:

Also picked up the Zeppelin IV remaster, I forgot how amazing that album is, and the remastered sounds great! Now that I actually have a decent vinyl budget I need to pick up the rest of their albums, because I and IV both sound immense. I also need the few AC/DC ones I’m missing. So glad I can finally start really getting into expanding my collection :headbang:

They did such a great job on the zeppelin remasters. The live show on LZI is worth the price alone (for the deluxe 3LP version)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Definitely running out to pick up the new remaster of The White Album on Friday. I was thinking about doing the 4LP version originally, but I think I'm going to just do the 2LP.

I’ve heard good things about it. I’m trying to decide if I need it. I bought the stereo remaster just last year but it’s my favorite Beatles album so I’m torn 

10 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

I’ve heard good things about it. I’m trying to decide if I need it. I bought the stereo remaster just last year but it’s my favorite Beatles album so I’m torn 

I have the most recent Mono remaster as well as the Mobile Fidelity Stereo pressing. I'm certain I'm buying the new one tomorrow. It's just a matter of if I'm buying the 2 or 4 LP version. 

It's my personal favorite Beatles albums, so I'm really leaning towards the 4 LP set. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have the most recent Mono remaster as well as the Mobile Fidelity Stereo pressing. I'm certain I'm buying the new one tomorrow. It's just a matter of if I'm buying the 2 or 4 LP version. 

It's my personal favorite Beatles albums, so I'm really leaning towards the 4 LP set. 

4LP  all the way!

i wish there was an 8LP box with all the demos/out takes that are on the cd set.

little bummed they aren't releasing the 24 minute helter skelter.

maybe we'll get it as a standalone single release on RSD one of these years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

4LP  all the way!

i wish there was an 8LP box with all the demos/out takes that are on the cd set.

little bummed they aren't releasing the 24 minute helter skelter.

maybe we'll get it as a standalone single release on RSD one of these years.

I caved and caved hard:
dnis1s.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I caved and caved hard:
dnis1s.jpg

That's the spirit. I'd like to pick one up today but the fires out here are making traffic a little unpredictable.

i even ordered the denim jacket from the beatles store they released for the anniversary haha. I'm a sucker when it comes to the the Beatles, especially the last few albums.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Let me know how it is. I only have a couple of LA Guns LPs, but I'd like to get more. 

I can already tell you that this is one of the best live albums of this decade. The raw sound is great, as there are almost no overdubs. I'll let you know how I rate the vinyl edition. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

I’ll probably buy the 2 LP version or ask for it for Christmas, but I can’t justify the price for the 4LP set when I’ve already got the album from the previous remasters. I’ll probably download them just to have the Esher demos. I did however pick up Led Zeppelin II, just so I didn’t have to leave empty handed lol 

2 hours ago, Willis1988 said:

I’ll probably buy the 2 LP version or ask for it for Christmas, but I can’t justify the price for the 4LP set when I’ve already got the album from the previous remasters. I’ll probably download them just to have the Esher demos. I did however pick up Led Zeppelin II, just so I didn’t have to leave empty handed lol 

The demos are awesome. I have to say that I'm really glad I bought the 4 LP just to have them on vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 4:20 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I have been waiting years for this.... I'm so happy this is finally coming out on vinyl :D:D:dance:

One of my favourite albums of all time. Now all they need to do is press a 7" with the other 2 bonus tracks... :drool:

I bought that on Wednesday too! Love that album. I picked up the black/ white splatter version.

• Like 1

Some new orders/purchases in the past week or so:

Alice Cooper - Live from The Astroturf (RSD)

Cheap Trick - Epic Archives Vol. 2 (RSD)

GN'R - Shadow of Your Love 7" (RSD)

Paul McCartney - I don't Know / Come on to me 7" (RSD)

Starcrawler - Hollywood Ending 7"

Foxy Shazam - S/T

David Lynch / Angelo Badalamenti - Thought Gang

Hanoi Rocks - Malibu Beach 7"

The Raconteurs Vault package should be coming within 2-3 weeks as well.

• Like 2

Some of my recent online purchases, over the last 1-2 months:

VOLA - Applause of a Distant Crowd

Foxy Shazam - S/T

Eminem - Kamikaze (pre-ordered, release is Dec 7)

Anderson .Paak - Oxnard

GNR - Shadow of Your Love 7"

The Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality (pre-ordered, doesn't come out til next year)

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:50 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

My local record store is having a Black Friday sale- 20% off vintage vinyl and buy 2 get one free. And my paycheck came in. I'm gonna have a god damned field day.

What did you end up picking up?

On 11/25/2018 at 9:44 PM, Stiff Competition said:

Some new orders/purchases in the past week or so:

Alice Cooper - Live from The Astroturf (RSD)

Cheap Trick - Epic Archives Vol. 2 (RSD)

GN'R - Shadow of Your Love 7" (RSD)

Paul McCartney - I don't Know / Come on to me 7" (RSD)

Starcrawler - Hollywood Ending 7"

Foxy Shazam - S/T

David Lynch / Angelo Badalamenti - Thought Gang

Hanoi Rocks - Malibu Beach 7"

The Raconteurs Vault package should be coming within 2-3 weeks as well.

Nice little group there. I think I'm going to sell my latest Vault when it arrives. I already have that Raconteurs LP, so I'm not too happy about this particular Vault.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:10 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Some of my recent online purchases, over the last 1-2 months:

VOLA - Applause of a Distant Crowd

Foxy Shazam - S/T

Eminem - Kamikaze (pre-ordered, release is Dec 7)

Anderson .Paak - Oxnard

GNR - Shadow of Your Love 7"

The Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality (pre-ordered, doesn't come out til next year)

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind

Slave to the Grind is so hard to find in the US on vinyl but it's such a kick ass record. I'd love for them to repress it, but I'm also happy with my OP for now.

As for me, I picked up some stuff on RSD-

Collective Soul - 1st Album

Sheryl Crow - 1st Album

Adam Sandler - 2nd Album

Madonna - Ray of Light

Rage Against The Machine - Live And Rare

Lake Street Dive - 10" RSD Release

I found a copy of Eagles - Hell Freezes Over on vinyl via eBay, so I'm waiting for that to be delivered.

I also pre-ordered the End Of Days Soundtrack, so that should arrive next week, and I bought a GNR 12" from troccoli

Lastly, I ended up grabbing the Locked & Loaded Boxed Set through that box / turntable bundle deal.

So I'll be adding a few GN'R 12" & 7" records to the collection when all of that arrives :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nice little group there. I think I'm going to sell my latest Vault when it arrives. I already have that Raconteurs LP, so I'm not too happy about this particular Vault.

Yeah, it is a bit of a rehashing for sure but when they announced it, I just traded in my old copy and will upgrade to this. Excited for the two new songs as well. I do agree though, it's not the the most bang for your buck vault. I honestly think they are starting to run low on ideas and content.  Part of me wonders if they new Racs album is just to drive the machine so that one of the vault's next year can be that, then I'm sure they'll do a show at third man and release that as another one and I have to imagine there will be a 20th Anniversary Vault for the first WS album next year as well. It's starting to be a lot of rehashing it seems.

• Like 1