What's the best we can hope for out of New GNR at this point?

Randy Lahey

Maybe that leads to Duff's return, which leads to ...

I guess the best we can hope for is for Axl to get past whatever the fuck it is that prevents him from releasing ANYTHING, and actually release something. He could start with a live dvd, and then CD2. I suppose if those things were to actually happen, we could hope for the odd interview and some additional touring as well.

If the question was about what to "expect", I guess the answer would either be nothing, or leaks.

If The Replacements were going to keep touring and Axl needed a bass player, Duff would probably get the call from Tommy. I don't think he'd want to rejoin unless it was GNR became a band that got together once in a great while.

What's the best we can hope for out of New GNR at this point? Chinese Democracy II and one more tour is all I'm hoping for. Beyond that, I don't care.

I am very good at hoping for things, but within the realm of what is slightly plausible, I'd say: the release of the rest of the material from the CD sessions, 2-3 records with the current lineup, and then Axl retiring the GN'R name and continuing with a solo career playing and releasing less exhausting music.

Hey, I didn't say I believed this, just that it is the best I can hope for which is still slightly plausible.

touring off leaks til finally after all the material is old and everyone's bored of it, they'll put a record, really more as a marker in time than anything.

I wonder if they can get Walmart to put up the money.

do they do still do those deals. that would be perfect. would the label really hold out again.

What's the best we can hope for out of New GNR at this point? Chinese Democracy II and one more tour is all I'm hoping for. Beyond that, I don't care.

I am very good at hoping for things, but within the realm of what is slightly plausible, I'd say: the release of the rest of the material from the CD sessions, 2-3 records with the current lineup, and then Axl retiring the GN'R name and continuing with a solo career playing and releasing less exhausting music.

Hey, I didn't say I believed this, just that it is the best I can hope for which is still slightly plausible.

Do you also believe that you are going to get 72 virgins when you die?

Do you also believe that you are going to get 72 virgins when you die?

No, I don't find that within the realm of things that are even slightly possible.

touring off leaks til finally after all the material is old and everyone's bored of it, they'll put a record, really more as a marker in time than anything.

I wonder if they can get Walmart to put up the money.
I don't want Walmart touching it after they fucked with UYI.

ok, Target. Kroegers, free 50 cm chocolate chip cookie with the first 1,000 copies.

In generally are the label just waiting for the optimum to release the next GNR album or have they realized that not giving Axl money to record will eventually force him to do a reunion.

The 'best we can hope' for is an infinite territory. What I would really like to see materialize is at least one more record by GNR. But then again, even after that 'one more record', as a GNR fan I will inevitably revert back to 'can we get another'.

Edited by NGOG

I hope he suddenly announces his retirement, says fuck you all and never releases a goddam thing. It would be worth it never to have any of the stuff in the vault just to see you people sit around and whine and bitch and cry for decades.

Not much of an Axl fan are ya?

Rather than getting to enjoy 3-4 more albums of Axl's music, you'd rather get NOTHING ever again from him..........just so 9-10 complete strangers will never get another album of music from their favorite singer?

Makes perfect sense.

A little weird that some random stranger's dissapointment means so much to you. A bit creepy, actually.

As for the original question.

Box set in 2014 (CD material, current band material, covers/remix album, acoustic album, live DVD)

Albums in 2017, 2020, 2023

Axl autobiography

Fan friendly management

Edited by Groghan

I'm giving it within 2 years for new music coming out. I have a feeling they'll start talking about putting a couple of songs out just to calm the fans down a bit.

Wal Mart will carry the DVD but make GNR censor the albums. They might as well release the albums as DVDs to get around that stupid shit.

Axl was open to doing a remastered reissue of the back catalog, maybe that'll be 2017-2018 and get the AFD box set out there. There are a lot of demos and stuff to fill up the box set, footage, etc. That could also be a reason for Marc and Axl to mend their fence, but we'll see.

We still don't know the full story on the making of Chinese Democracy, and I've already said it's a guaranteed seller if they put something together, a book and a documentary for the theaters. I think it should be more than an essay on the forums or a Rolling Stone article.

Duffs return would depend entirely on the circumstances... he would want to made a permanent member, not like the the guys. get all the rights he had up until 97' and move on from whatever year he rejoined... if he ever rejoins the band that is, and that's a big IF.

Does anyone know if Dizzy signed a new contract stating he was just a hired hand. I remember some interview where Axl said Dizy was an official member of the band. I'm going to guess and say he signed anything Axl wanted him to sign... he seems pretty cool to me but to quote the rolling stones "Under my thumb

The girl who once had me down
Under my thumb
The girl who once pushed me around

It's down to me
The difference in the clothes she wears
Down to me, the change has come,
She's under my thumb"

Swap out her and replace it with Dizzy and you get the picture... not basing that on anything but the interviews he has done in the past few years. maybe the choice in lyric's a bit off, I think it suggests another level to the relationship Dizzy and Axl share :D

Edited by Tom2112

Guns N' Roses News. @GunsNRosesNews 23 Aug

The remainder of 2013 could be relatively quiet for #gunsnroses, but clearly next year could hold big things.

https://twitter.com/GunsNRosesNews/status/370696044553994240

Guns N' Roses News. @GunsNRosesNews

Call it speculation, but based on tentative meetings held with GNR management, it would appear 2014 could be an interesting year for #gnr.

Why does it have to be 2014 or 2015 or 2016.

It's been five years since the last release, and 20 years since the one before that. (In terms of original material).

In 1999 Axl said he had 70 songs.

We know that DJ and BBF love to write and record.

Why in the world would Axl need a couple more years to put 15 songs togethe, when he should already have a wealth of music to choose from?

It's been five years since the last release, and 20 years since the one before that. (In terms of original material).

Why in the world would Axl need a couple more years to put 15 songs togethe, when he should already have a wealth of music to choose from?

Maybe Axl wants to take a well deserved break after touring his ass of for Chinese Democracy since late 2009...

I'd say the best we can hope for is a new album or two, and more UCAP shows...the one I went to was just off the charts excellent.

Maybe Axl wants to take a well deserved break after touring his ass of for Chinese Democracy since late 2009...

I'd say the best we can hope for is a new album or two, and more UCAP shows...the one I went to was just off the charts excellent.

LOL, touring his ass off? They did a couple shows in 2009. Approximately 70 in 2010, 40 in 2011, 70 in 2012 and 18 shows in 2013. That is FAR from a strenous touring schedule. Basically 100 shows in just under four years.