mygnr universe

Riddick Bowe

Everytime someone are posting an interview, article, music or whatever on this forum there are alot of replays and it seems the forum members knows all about it. lIts like "yeah thats an interview from 1987- old news" or if a leak has been posted "thats Robin playing the solo not Bumblefoot". If a picture appears it would be like- thats from 24th of november 1994, Axl hasnt used that t-shirt since... it strucked me, how much spesific and detailed information the forum- members have on the subject of GNR and AXL.

is this really normal or is this just GNR fans`?

Everytime someone are posting an interview, article, music or whatever on this forum there are alot of replays and it seems the forum members knows all about it. lIts like "yeah thats an interview from 1987- old news" or if a leak has been posted "thats Robin playing the solo not Bumblefoot". If a picture appears it would be like- thats from 24th of november 1994, Axl hasnt used that t-shirt since... it strucked me, how much spesific and detailed information the forum- members have on the subject of GNR and AXL.

You mean to tell us that your not like that? :awesomeface:

Well... Axl doesn't give many interviews, so it's easy to tell from which one a determinate quote is.

All Guns N' Roses guitarists have a very distinct way of playing, it's not hard for someone at least a little bit familiar with their sound to tell who is playing and who isn't. The only time who were in doubt was with the Going Down last solo, because of the killswitch.

As for Axl's clothes, he changes the wardrobe on every tour, so, again, for someone who has been following the band or has seen a few bootlegs, it's not hard to tell from when and where a determinate clothe is from.

Everytime I see you post I think of that Angelina Jolie movie

:lol:

I'm a big fan of Gia Carangi the model (who the movie was based on)

it was a great movie, lots of nudity... so not so bad to think about it lol

GnR has busier forums than most other bands, but at the same time GnR is less active than other bands.... That leaves a lot of down time and stupid topics that you actually learn from.

As far as tell years on axl pics, it's not too hard as he changes his style alot. Clean Shaven, long hair, young = late 80's. Stuble, dead hair = early 90's. Clean Shaven, no eyebrows, mid back hair, normal wieght = 2001. Cornrows down = 2002/2003, cornrows up = 2005-2007.

The GnR guitarists all have a distinct way of playing from eachother, so you get used to their style and can tell the difference.

maybe because things get released with too much time between them so u can easily remember when things happened.

This, it's pretty easy to know a lot about GNR because there's less to know. When a cousin who's a casual fan told me he saw GNR in Toronto around 2005, I could tell him it was 2006, because GNR didn't tour from 2003-5.

When it comes to geeking out on a band? You have to take into account what some people are looking at - the fashion statements made, the bootlegs out there, the instruments they play, the feuds and drama, or whatever people geek out on GNR about.

Beatles fans top the list.

I'd base it on the number of tribute bands exist for bands as far as the number of geeks there are. The biggest geeks are the musicians in the tribute bands because they obsess over every small detail. The "seal of approval" comes when people from the actual band sit in with the tribute band.

There's probably 50 guys in GNR tribute bands that would be happy to use his old stage clothing.

maybe because things get released with too much time between them so u can easily remember when things happened.

This, it's pretty easy to know a lot about GNR because there's less to know. When a cousin who's a casual fan told me he saw GNR in Toronto around 2005, I could tell him it was 2006, because GNR didn't tour from 2003-5.

There's been a few times someone has come into my work, I play GNR a lot on the stereo and wear a UYI shirt sometimes, and they comment... One guy came in and went "Oh, man I used to love GnR! I saw them in Stockholm in '94...." and I had to bite my tongue and not say "Er, no you didn't..." :lol: One guy saw them on the Skin N Bones tour ("With the couch and everything!"), I've talked to a driver who goes to a fair amount of shows and he was at Vancouver 2011...

• Like 1

I never knew how much of a casual GnR fan I was until I found this board. I had no idea what a TeamBeta was before, or the alleged Axl Rose plastic surgery stories (I just thought he might have had a really bad chemical peel at some point.)

I've been to Canter's a lot of times, and thumbed through "Reckless Road" a lot. After reading Marc's comments here, I'm definitely buying the book the next time I go. This place is a great resource to learn things about the band.