Rank Michael Jackson's albums

Iron MikeyJ

I'm giving them all my quick review.

1. Thriller~ Best selling album ever, every song on it is good imo, even the left over tracks from this era are good mj tunes.

2. Bad~ 5 #1 hits speaks for itself, most of the album is good. a couple of songs I don't like though.

3. Off the wall~ Not as many hits as bad, but I really like this whole album.

4. Dangerous~ More hits, very strong album but weakest so far.

5. History~ MJ's chinese democracy. It's a good album, but is quite serious.

6. Michael~ Despite the controversy I think it's a pretty solid album. I love the thriller leftovers

7. Blood on the Dance Floor~ Fun remix album, title track is the best mj tune since dangerous album imo.

Invincible~ Has its moments, but by far weakest album since his got to be there days.

Edited by Mike420

Off The Wall captures the raw talent of a young popster and is Michael's least commercial moment as a solo artist. HIStory is the polar opposite; it's epic, it's bloated, and it indulges the hysteria which surrounded the Michael Jackson of that period. It was the first new-age pop album.

Ironically both are my favourite records by Michael Jackson.

Edited by NGOG

1. HIStory (agree with whoever called it MJ's Chinese Democracy)

2. Dangerous

3. Bad

4. Thriller

5. Triumph (only Jacksons in name, it's pretty much an MJ solo effort, bridging the gap between OTW and Thriller)

6. Blood On The Dancefloor (the five new tracks were up there with his best ever work, the remixes are meh)

7. Invincible (has moments of greatest, but far and few between)

8. Off The Wall

9. Michael (love Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask, but I still can't get over those fake-ass Cascio tracks)

1. HIStory (agree with whoever called it MJ's Chinese Democracy)

2. Dangerous

3. Bad

4. Thriller

5. Triumph (only Jacksons in name, it's pretty much an MJ solo effort, bridging the gap between OTW and Thriller)

6. Blood On The Dancefloor (the five new tracks were up there with his best ever work, the remixes are meh)

7. Invincible (has moments of greatest, but far and few between)

8. Off The Wall

9. Michael (love Hollywood Tonight and Behind The Mask, but I still can't get over those fake-ass Cascio tracks)

I called history mj's cd.

Why thriller so low?

I pretty much love all his solo albums (and many of the criminally overlooked Jacksons albums such as Triumph and Destiny). I just think Dangerous and HIStory in particular saw MJ experiment a bit more. He was no longer the guy next door, and you could hear it in his music. He was angry, pissed off and had something to say. I would take that over PYT or The Girl Is Mine any day.

He did his best stuff in the 90s. Dangerous has aged really well, especially if you compare it to the early 90s albums from his peers (time hasn't been kind to Prince and Madonna's early 90s albums). Dangerous is really in a whole other league to the other stuff that was being made around that time. History was also a great album.

Each album was weaker than the last. So, Off the Wall is the best. Thriller, second best etc.

Nah, there's no way Off The Wall compares to Bad, Dangerous or HIStory, not song for song anyway.

Off The Wall is Jackson's masterpiece in my opinion. It may just sneak into my 'top twenty albums of all time' list.

Off The Wall is the fashionable MJ album, the one the critics will admit to liking. It was before the hype and the hoopla and before his life turned into a circus.

No way near his best though. If you did this poll on any MJ forum, Dangerous would win by a landslide, probably followed by Bad and HIStory.

I agree that Bad is pretty damn good, it's hard to argue against the 5 #1 hits; Bad, dirty diana, smooth criminal, the way you make me feel, and man in the mirror. Leave me alone and another part of me are also decent, but the rest is boring and pointless imo. Even I just can't stop loving you, it doesn't hold up with MJ's other ballads.

But beside Thriller and Bad I feel Off the Wall trumps the rest. You can make a good argument for Dangerous being better, but thats it. Off the Wall is far superior to History. Not even close really. I know all the MJ super fans feel it is better than them all, but thats just retarded. And to say History is better than Thriller is just wrong. Those are the same people that think CD is better than Appetite.

Thriller stands head and shoulders above all of his other albums, period. I know it's the most popular, but thats because its that damn good. Lets take away the hits, oh wait their all hits!!! The only weak track on that album is baby be mine, its the anything goes of thriller. But having said that, its still better than most of the songs on history. I'll take baby be mine over little suzie or childhood any day of the weak.

Maybe History and Dangerous are more experimental, but his career never recovered from the allegations imo. History suffers from this. It's too serious. The fun loving "thriller mj" was waaaay gone by this point, and I'm not talking about his appereance. Off the Wall and Thriller are MJ before he became the "king of pop". They are two albums from a musician trying to prove himself, and they sound vibrante and full of life because of this. The Bad album is where he began to change. Thats where he was a super mega star. Which to his credit he tranformed into quite well. But Off the Wall and Thriller are his true masterpieces. All the critics can't be wrong.

I agree that Bad is pretty damn good, it's hard to argue against the 5 #1 hits; Bad, dirty diana, smooth criminal, the way you make me feel, and man in the mirror. Leave me alone and another part of me are also decent, but the rest is boring and pointless imo. Even I just can't stop loving you, it doesn't hold up with MJ's other ballads.

But beside Thriller and Bad I feel Off the Wall trumps the rest. You can make a good argument for Dangerous being better, but thats it. Off the Wall is far superior to History. Not even close really. I know all the MJ super fans feel it is better than them all, but thats just retarded. And to say History is better than Thriller is just wrong. Those are the same people that think CD is better than Appetite.

Thriller stands head and shoulders above all of his other albums, period. I know it's the most popular, but thats because its that damn good. Lets take away the hits, oh wait their all hits!!! The only weak track on that album is baby be mine, its the anything goes of thriller. But having said that, its still better than most of the songs on history. I'll take baby be mine over little suzie or childhood any day of the weak.

Maybe History and Dangerous are more experimental, but his career never recovered from the allegations imo. History suffers from this. It's too serious. The fun loving "thriller mj" was waaaay gone by this point, and I'm not talking about his appereance. Off the Wall and Thriller are MJ before he became the "king of pop". They are two albums from a musician trying to prove himself, and they sound vibrante and full of life because of this. The Bad album is where he began to change. Thats where he was a super mega star. Which to his credit he tranformed into quite well. But Off the Wall and Thriller are his true masterpieces. All the critics can't be wrong.

I agree. OTW also has a certain, 'blackness'. Even Thriller is branching out into slick pop but there is a certain funky bass driven vibe on Off the Wall. I love that album. I really do. It is so, full of life, vitality.

Off The Wall is the fashionable MJ album, the one the critics will admit to liking. It was before the hype and the hoopla and before his life turned into a circus.

No way near his best though. If you did this poll on any MJ forum, Dangerous would win by a landslide, probably followed by Bad and HIStory.

But I am not on a Jackson forum and I am not a critic!

• 1 year later...

Rock With You's a cracking tune though eh? :)