The Chart Music Thread

Guest NGOG

Of course we are all highly sophisticated beings when it comes to music. Not gonna lie, I regularly find myself just digging a little tune on the chart. Let this thread be for what hit songs you're liking right now.

I'm liking Nelly rehashing that country moment he had with that guy Tim on 'Over and Over'. This time it's with Florida Georgia and it's called Cruise. Also dig Gaga's new single.

• Like 2

Great thread. I'm not really enjoying anything REALLY new, but I've been playing the shit out of Holy Grail and Blurred Lines recently. Gaga's single was ok, but if that's the big song of the album she might be in trouble. Eminem's "Berzerk" is really growing on me too.

Edited by bacardimayne

I didn't really dig the new Gaga single either then after the VMAs it grew on me. I think her record will be a lot bigger than that song. It's pretty unadventurous by her standards.

Big fan of Cedric Gervais' Lana Del Rey remix: http://t.co/BclGn58cY1

Edited by NGOG

She's probably the least innovative, if innovation is even possible in that area. But I think her songs have character.

I wouldn't put Lana Del Rey in the same bracket as she doesn't really specialize in pop nor is she especially 'diva'. She has a bit of artistic integrity. I hate Adele's fat chick break-up records. Gaga and Rihanna are in a league of their own as far as carrying the torch of pop.

Out of all the pop divas I think Katy is the worst. Rihanna, Gaga, Lana, Adele, Taylor, etc. all have songs I like/tolerate, but Katy is just awful.

Have you ever seen Rihanna trying to sing? She is awful. Lana is in a different league and Gaga can really sing and has some talent. I can't stand Adele and her songs and Taylor is boring.

Hmmm, let's test myself. This is the Dutch Top 40 right now:

http://www.top40.nl/top40

I love Blurred Lines, no doubt about it. But other than that I don't really like anything in there. I suppose the song by Nielson & Miss Montreal is ok.

Mostly there's at least 5 songs or so in there that I dig. But at the moment it's sheer poverty.

Rhianna always has and always will annoy the living crap out of me.

And for the record, Adele is amazing. Love her!

The same song is in the number one in both Holland and Spain (Avicii - Wake me up). I've just heard it for the first time and it's catchy but "meh".

I agree with everything you've said except the Rihanna diss. She can't sing like Adele, but her songs are boss.

I agree her songs sound powerful and catchy but there are people writing those songs for her; I meant exclusively her singing skills, which are not very good live in concert. I think she doesn't even try.

She's probably the least innovative, if innovation is even possible in that area. But I think her songs have character.

I wouldn't put Lana Del Rey in the same bracket as she doesn't really specialize in pop nor is she especially 'diva'. She has a bit of artistic integrity. I hate Adele's fat chick break-up records. Gaga and Rihanna are in a league of their own as far as carrying the torch of pop.

Katy Perry's music is the most soulless, sterile shit, and she cannot sing for crap. Her Rio 2011 performance compared to Rihanna's was laughably bad.

Out of all the pop divas I think Katy is the worst. Rihanna, Gaga, Lana, Adele, Taylor, etc. all have songs I like/tolerate, but Katy is just awful.

Have you ever seen Rihanna trying to sing? She is awful. Lana is in a different league and Gaga can really sing and has some talent. I can't stand Adele and her songs and Taylor is boring.

I've watched her sing live and she did a pretty good job. Honestly enjoy her voice more than tryhard Gaga.

The same song is in the number one in both Holland and Spain (Avicii - Wake me up). I've just heard it for the first time and it's catchy but "meh".

I like it, it makes me feel good. It is a holiday/summer song. Understandable it is in both countries nr. 1.

Actually I like many songs in the charts right now. But I have no problem with dance music in summertime.

I like Roar as well, catchy song.

• 1 month later...

Lorde - Royals

That song sounds like a remake of Paper Planes by MIA.

Not really.

Rude Boy - Rihanna

That's been out for what, 4 years?

Robin Thicke and Kendrick Lamar - Give It 2 U

Good chorus, nothing else.

Edited by NGOG