Prince

luciusfunk

What the fuck you cunts stop shitting on Take Me With U. :lol: That's one of his best songs ever IMO. Beats Computer Blue and the assless chaps gayness of Baby I'm a Star.

You've GOT to be kidding! Hey if it's about Apollonia then I'll give you a pass, otherwise TMWU sounds like Karaoke night. :lol:

As for Computer Blue, that's the closest thing to Hendrix right there ...

tumblr_lzb11kq48J1qcsr0lo1_r2_250.gif

tumblr_lzporgC3AN1qb1w0no2_250.gif

Purple Rain and When Doves Cry are two of the best pop songs ever written by anyone ever.

The only flaw with the Purple Rain song is it's too short lyrically.

You think this should have been released as it was here?

https://archive.org/details/PrinceOriginalLiveRecordingOfPurpleRainfirstAvenue1983

What the fuck you cunts stop shitting on Take Me With U. :lol: That's one of his best songs ever IMO. Beats Computer Blue and the assless chaps gayness of Baby I'm a Star.

You've GOT to be kidding! Hey if it's about Apollonia then I'll give you a pass, otherwise TMWU sounds like Karaoke night. :lol:

As for Computer Blue, that's the closest thing to Hendrix right there ...

tumblr_lzb11kq48J1qcsr0lo1_r2_250.gif

tumblr_lzporgC3AN1qb1w0no2_250.gif

Purple Rain and When Doves Cry are two of the best pop songs ever written by anyone ever.

The only flaw with the Purple Rain song is it's too short lyrically.

You think this should have been released as it was here?

https://archive.org/details/PrinceOriginalLiveRecordingOfPurpleRainfirstAvenue1983

I like the extended intro and outro, but I agree those particular additional lyrics didn't flow with the rest of the song. As great as the 4-minute soundtrack version of the song is, if it had been as long as let's say Stairway To Heaven (8 minutes) or even Hotel California (6 1/2 minutes) it would have ranked right up there with them.

Thanks for posting the link, I hadn't watched that video in a long time. If only I had a DeLorean, that's exactly where I'd set it for.

A lot of people including myself want to see him put his back catalog out and put the songs out that were edited or taken out of the album running because of vinyl length at the time. I've also wanted him to put a follow up hits collection covering the post Warners era just because a lot of stuff was scattered and on different labels or only sold through the internet and have to be tracked down, and put a comprehensive video collection out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not feeling much of the new stuff. Clouds is a horrible first single, very awkward and disjointed with a weak hook. His much-maligned NPGMC material from the early 00's was stronger than this dirge. I am also disappointed to see Breakfast Can Wait on the album - another limp, insipid number. U Know is a bit more interesting, although sounds a little desperate. So far, the only decent song I've heard from AOA is The Breakdown. I think it's shaping up to be a pretty lacklustre effort, which is disappointing considering it's his first proper album in four years. Hopefully some of the album tracks will redeem it.

Plectrum Electrum sounds a bit more promising. Pretzelbodylogic is fun, if a little throwaway, Fixurlifeup is okay and I really dig Funk N Roll.

Does anyone know where to get a good version of the Dream Factory album? I've never heard it and I would love to.

It's probably a fanmade mix of some Crystal Ball and Sign O' The Times songs.

In digging around, that's what I've found. There's more than a few Prince tracks I'd love to find/hear.

Does anyone know where to get a good version of the Dream Factory album? I've never heard it and I would love to.

It's probably a fanmade mix of some Crystal Ball and Sign O' The Times songs.

In digging around, that's what I've found. There's more than a few Prince tracks I'd love to find/hear.

There's a song he was doing a few years ago called "In a Large Room With No Light" that was from that era and I think was supposed to be on "Dream Factory". It might have been an NPG Club era release but I remember mention of it being performed in Montreux and some of the Welcome2 shows.

"Roadhouse Garden" is another album that's been talked about for years.

I think the Warners era might wind up having stuff he wasn't able to put out at the time. Not sure what the plans are with the "Purple Rain" reissue, but he isn't going to play ball with them until this gets properly promoted.

The list has Prince and GNR on it -

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08/50-unreleased-albums-that-wed-kill-to-hear/naz-and-az-the-essence

• Like 1