New Tool Album on the Works!

Chewbacca

Good news. I hope they bring it, I've had bad luck the last few years with bands I used to really enjoy, coming out with something new that, I don't know, was just missing something. I have faith in Tool though. Like others, they are one of those bands I've always wanted to see but never got the chance, tour would be great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing ever really grabbed me by these guys when I tried to get into them.

Any suggestions on what I should check out?

Off of their first album called Undertow: Sober, Prison Sex, 4° Undertow. The whole album is great.

Off of Aenima: Eulogy, 46&2, Jimmy, Push it, aenima, Third Eye, Stinkfist. Another awesome record.

Off of Lateralus: the Grudge, the Patient, Schism, Parabola.

First half if this one is awesome but slows for the second half.

10,000 Days has some good tunes but I would start above. If you like them then youll like 10,000 Days.

Musically TOOL is as good as it gets. All of them are great musicians. Lyrically Maynard is out there and it takes sometime to figure out what hes singing about. I cant explain it but they are into obscure religions.

I saw them do a bunch of club shows in NYC for the aenima tour and again for Lateralus. Freaking amazing, each show was great.

When they moved into arenas, the shows lost a bit of their power, like you would expect to find in the smaller clubs, but visually and sound wise, Amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting from the first up until the last. Usually how I do it, even after asking for suggestions :lol: Though I do typically look up a few one-off tracks before doing a full-album listening.

Hoping I can get into these guys. Don't know why I never really gave them a chance before, though I'm still not sure how I feel about Maynard's voice.

• 3 years later...

"Tool Moves Gear Into New Space - Maynard Working on Vocals

"In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAynard is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth."

On 9/3/2013 at 3:09 PM, J Dog said:

Good news. I hope they bring it, I've had bad luck the last few years with bands I used to really enjoy, coming out with something new that, I don't know, was just missing something. I have faith in Tool though. Like others, they are one of those bands I've always wanted to see but never got the chance, tour would be great.

really? i have always found them tiresome. maybe cos i have only heard radio stuff. can you please name a song that might change my thinking? thanks :)