Timeline of the leaks so far

ClaudeF

I left out clips to only focus on complete songs.

How long does the 1999 version of "I.R.S." run?

Cobra, the higher fidelity versions are on the "Chinese Democracy" 2-disc that came out in early 2008 (I linked to the Discogs listing of it).

What was "Love & Laughter"? Never heard of that one.

I.R.S. 1999 is 4:09

Found something on My Fellow Americans.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/92589-my-fellow-americans/

Also found a link to My Fellow Americans on Grooveshark if anyone's interested.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=Guns%20N%27%20Roses%20My%20Fellow%20Americans

What was "Love & Laughter"? Never heard of that one.

Was a good 2 or 3 years before the record dropped.

Mid tempo song with an Axl'esque vocal and a guitar part which reminded me of Brian May.

Assuming it was nothing but oddly all mention of it seemed to disappear within a couple of weeks.

Never heard it mentioned again since.

This was a song from a band called "el presidente" it was a very nice song, if anyone still has it, can you share it? i tried to search for this but it seems to be pretty well hidden haha

PS: i have a small snippet of what it seems to be a studio version of Silkworms (vocals included), has that leaked or is it just a fake?

Edited by niko

I remember a song called Demon Bell that circulated for a while back then, and was listed on file-sharing sites as being a Guns n' Roses clip from CD. Some people were fooled because it does sound a little bit like Axl, but is actually a band called Dangerous Toys.

"My Fellow Americans" might be a fake, but the only way to definitively know is to determine whose work it is. Maybe somebody with that Shazam app could find out if it's from a known recording?

I tried out Shazam with My Fellow Americans and various other fake GN'R leaks. Nothing came up. I even tested the app with obscure late 80s Christian rap.

There was an instrumental track which did the rounds on the filesharing sites about 10 years back which was labelled "There Was A Time" which although clearly not that tune, never seemed to be identified. The guitar tone sounded very much like the live sound Finck used in NIN and it had some dark sounding synths. The verses had a slightly aggressive riff in an odd time signature but what I gather was the chorus had a more traditional rock feel. I kinda liked it though I've never known where it came from.

I never heard that tune, possible a good fake

That "My Fellow Americans" is some lame-ass bullshit. But then again, I also said the same about Better Gone and that's a supposed "official" track, so it's possible that some of this garbage is real.

I think the best "fake" song from the pre-CD era was "My Favorite Pillow" that turned out to be by a band called Ghost Town Road. Apparently myspace still exists for some reason and you can still hear it there.

https://myspace.com/ghosttownroad

It's not a bad song....strange lyrics as if they are maybe written by someone who doesn't really speak English well. But the guy does a MEAN Axl impression for most of the song.

There was a "CD" song that was just a rant from the Illusion tour. There's one line where he says something like "this is the 90s, right?". ha

I think you're talking about Thyme. That one surfaced in the summer of 2007. I believe it begins with a MLK intro.

This was a song from a band called "el presidente" it was a very nice song, if anyone still has it, can you share it? i tried to search for this but it seems to be pretty well hidden haha

PS: i have a small snippet of what it seems to be a studio version of Silkworms (vocals included), has that leaked or is it just a fake?

As in the Scottish band El Presidente fronted by Dante Gizzi of Gun?

I actually saw them in a pub in my town about 8 years ago.

Any idea what the song by them was actually called?

Never heard that "My Fellow Americans" song before.

'My Fellow Americans' is Martin Luther King speaking during Madagascar. 'Oh the humanity' is also sampled in the song. Edited by NGOG

That "My Fellow Americans" is some lame-ass bullshit. But then again, I also said the same about Better Gone and that's a supposed "official" track, so it's possible that some of this garbage is real.

I think the best "fake" song from the pre-CD era was "My Favorite Pillow" that turned out to be by a band called Ghost Town Road. Apparently myspace still exists for some reason and you can still hear it there.

https://myspace.com/ghosttownroad

It's not a bad song....strange lyrics as if they are maybe written by someone who doesn't really speak English well. But the guy does a MEAN Axl impression for most of the song.

I actually quite enjoyed that song! And chatted with the singer a bit back when everybody thought it was an Axl song.

"My Fellow Americans" might be a fake, but the only way to definitively know is to determine whose work it is. Maybe somebody with that Shazam app could find out if it's from a known recording?

I tried out Shazam with My Fellow Americans and various other fake GN'R leaks. Nothing came up. I even tested the app with obscure late 80s Christian rap.

If I remember correctly, MFA was a fake created by a bunch of guys involved with the "Eat My Silkworms" crew. They started off mainly as cupcakes on MYGNR and eventually made their own site which was a Chris Ptman fan site and was soon shut down for openly sharing links to legitimate leaks among other things.