New Pixies EP

headshrinker

• 3 weeks later...

It would be sorta nice if Axl took this approach, 3-4 song EPs.

Less pressure versus releasing a full album, wouldn't take as long(maybe not anyway), etc.

Altho yes, any music in any format whatsoever would be nice from GnR. I mean Axl already got

the big one outta the way. And the reaction wasn't that bad. I guess I'm preaching to the choir

though.

On topic tho, a lot of people hated the new Pixies songs but I thought they were okay. Yeah, if you

compare them directly to Doolittle they're a bit lacking, for lack of better word, but when you
look at the trajectory of Frank Black's solo career they seem less stark in comparison. And

I'm just glad the band actually put out some new music. Ironically enough they were starting to enter

GnR territory as a perpetually touring band with no new material (although sorta the polar opposite of Axl,

FB has had a prolific solo career). The other good thing was that they put out Bagboy (for free) and

then released EP1 with no announcements whatsoever. No BS, no pre-orders, no teasers, they just
put the music out. The vinyl records sold out pretty quick too (5000 of them), took less than a month,

so it would seem their no frills tactic worked on the strength of the fanbase.