The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

Axl wants a slash apology but won't allow slash near him to make an apology makes perfect sense

Axl wants a public apology, not a personal one.

I doubt that's ever going to happen

I'm absolutely positive that that will never happen, but I'm not making Axl's demands.

I'm not so sure about that. It's not impossible for Slash to do a high-profile interview and say something like "I was frustrated when I left Guns, said some things I regret, I can certainly apologize to Axl for (a) and (b)".

Especially with $100 million on the line.

Now whether Axl can ever be satisfied or not, is a whole different beast.

Axl wants a slash apology but won't allow slash near him to make an apology makes perfect sense

I'm absolutely positive that that will never happen, but I'm not making Axl's demands.

I'm not so sure about that. It's not impossible for Slash to do a high-profile interview and say something like "I was frustrated when I left Guns, said some things I regret, I can certainly apologize to Axl for (a) and (b)".

I think the time is long passed that that would occur if it were going to. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though, it's not like we have anything better to do. :shrugs:

Did someone stake out Axl's house? I mean how did they know when Slash turned up? Was it seen by someone or hearsay?

Anyway, it's old news and it really doesn't matter anymore.

I'm sure Slash and Axl have forgotten about it and have moved on.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding your question, but check the quotes in the first post. Beta acknowledged that she spoke to Slash and Axl's attorney released a statement that it was at 5:30a.m. in October of 2005.

I don't even trust my own attorney, and I damn sure wouldn't trust the diaper changer.

Edited by Thelonious

He's already done that though. In major interviews and his book he's said that he reacted more negatively than he should have after the initial break-up. Your last sentence is the key to the whole thing. Axl may be looking beyond an apology and for total vindication.

• 1 year later...

I hate when an interesting thread topic becomes the usual bullshit of bickering back and forth between the more "obsessed" members of this board.

Im not sure where but I remember reading or watching something where slash said that he and his wife showed up to Axls that morning and Slash was drunk and that he was turned away by Axls people. He said that he didnt say anything about matt or duff or scott. He said he was there to discuss a lawsuit that was going on with Axl himself.

Why would Slash talk about anything with any of Axl's yes men( or yes woman in this case) especially talk shit about his band mates? it doesnt make sense...

Marc said that Slash wasn't getting along with the VR guys at the time, and that Perla "hated Duff" at the point, so we don't know the full story.

Slash made himself look like a complete arse over this, getting caught out lying.

Yup. I think Slash was really desperate, and Perla had harangued him enough, that he decided to go behind his VR bandmates' backs and tell Axl exactly what he wanted to hear.

I don't think Slash would do that, today, though, being sober, having decent success with his own band, and seeing what a sorry state GNR is in currently.