The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

October, 2005

A night that will live in infamy in As the GNR Turns.

What do we know? Slash went to Axl's house very late at night and spoke to Beta, but did not speak to Axl directly. How long did they talk? Was this exchange videotaped? (Have to assume Axl has a high-tech security system). How drunk was Slash?

An interesting quote from this article:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/scott_weiland_vs_axl_rose.html?no_takeover

After reading the interview, the webmaster of the Guns N' Roses fan site Here Today Gone To Hell! contacted Beta Lebeis (Axl's assistant and close friend) to check the validity of Scott's quote. Here is her response:

"Though Axl spoke with Matt roughly a year ago, Scott doesn't interest Axl, there are no messages, no vacillating, no messages were given to Matt by Axl for Scott. In fact earlier on the same night that Axl ended up speaking with Matt when Scott saw Axl enter the same club that he and Matt were in, Scott immediately RAN out of the club which Axl's guests found mildly amusing, beyond that nothing. I was the one whom Slash spoke with when he came to Axl's house in 2005 and expressed his negative comments regarding the others in his new band. Behind the scenes it is a very different story than what the public is sold."

Axl likes to play the victim in this feud, but his press release on the subject was particularly mean-spirited and seemed designed to drive a wedge into Velvet Revolver. Do you think this was justified?

The "feud" between Axl and Scott started back in March 2006 when Axl issued the following statement via his attorney, Howard Weitzman:

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 a.m. visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

Saddest moment in Slash's career.

Not becouse he didn't get a reunion, but becouse I don't think that Beta lied about what Slash said that night, I mean I didn't belive her or Axl at first but then he when on to say first "no I wasn't there" to then go for the classic "well I was there but I didn't say that" It just hurts me how easily he turned his back on his band mates and it hurts me even more that he didn't even was man enoug to say "yes I said that" and get it over. Maybe if he had come just to make amends (I won't say to end their war just becouse there was not any war between them, just between the fans) something good could have come out of that, maybe he would have been in a show or two with the new guys, I don't think that Axl would have kicked anybody out just for him to go back in, but they would at least have been friends again. But hey is his life not mine

My question(s) is

According to Axl via his attorney,Slash seem to appear not under the influence. Then why did Axl not come to the door right then and there to talk?I mean Slash's drug/alcohol use being one of the biggest factors for Axl.

Don't get me wrong,I'm an all Axl type of girl.But by Axl not coming to the door to talk,was in a sense turning Slash away,when he(Slash)was wanting to work on a compromise.How do you think that made Slash feel?Of course it would've pissed Slash off. Did that give Slash the right to run his mouth?No,of course not.And I'm not putting the blame on Axl for not going to the door or on iting Slash in.

Just trying to understand,was Axl even there?Was he secretly watching on closed circuit tv?And if so,and he saw first hand that Slash wasn't fucked up,why didn't he try to resolve some of their issues that night?

I honestly think it has to do with way too many people being the middle men.And those middle men trying to secure their place within Axl's camp.I'm not pointing blame at any specific person or group of people.Lord knows theres been many to go thru that revolving door.

And the two of them not sitting down face to face.

Sometimes you just have to put your big girl panties on and deal with shit.

One thing that I find interesting is that Axl had basically disappeared since the 2002 tour, other than sending out a letter announcing Bucket's departure. This incident happens in October 2005, and suddenly in 2006 Axl was back. I'm not suggesting the two are related - I have no idea. I just wonder that after nuGuns had broken down, if Axl was unsure about what to do, perhaps "waiting" for Slash on some level, and what influence (if any) this had on his plans.

To be fair, as far as I remember, he never flat out denied going there altogether, just that the story Axl's team was spewing was bullshit and claimed it had to do with promotion for the upcoming album.

Yeah, regardless he should have just told the whole story from the get go, but oh well.

We've all had that awkward moment of apologizing or communicating with "exes" when we're wasted. It happens. Especially a relationship with as much strain as Axl's and Slash's. Estranged Reality made a great post about this subject not too long ago that perfectly described this analogy.

• Like 1

I can't trust anything the likes of Jarmo, Del, Beta, etc say.

No one should trust Not even Fernando or Axl himself.

Everything they say ends up to be proven lie later on...Just like when Axl lied about wanting to do an Appetite kind of record, when everyone knows everyone in the band was pissed off that Axl was playing with synths when they were still in the band and planning a more elecronical album

im just surprised that as soon as slash set a foot near axl's house an alarm didnt went off repetealy saying "Slash incoming" and some giant terminator robot didnt came out of axl's lawn and said "Step away from the house or prepare to be destroyed"

Why does Velvet Revolver not exist today? The 'inability to find a singer' line is a smokescreen for Slash to do his own thing.

cuz slash simply doenst work well with others...he wants to be the big man around...and that can't happen when he's working with other big names like former gnr members...so he surrounds himself with myles and other wannabes

^ I think you're confusing Axl and Slash in that last paragraph.

I believe he went to Axl's house. Not sure if he was drunk or not though or why that even is relative. I don't believe that he said those things. Sounds more like something Axl would say than Slash.

Yeah. Slash sucks with people. No one ever agrees to collaborate with him. And if they do they end up walking away in frustration. He's a total hermit loner. Wait....I think I'm talking about the wrong guy.

I'm still amazed he asked Brian May to do the solo for Catcher in the Rye and aparently Atlas Shrugged too, and then he completely deleted his solo and released a version with Bumblefoot instead...

• Like 1

I think Slash went to Axls place and beta basically told him to leave and that's that. Axls camp made Slash look like a evil dude like they always do. I mean why would Slash go to his ex wife and talk about shit about his current wife? It's a real dumb move if you ask me one that I just don't see Slash doing.

Let me see if I have this straight:

Slash changes his story several years after intially saying he never went to see Axl. Then Scott states that he believes he was set-up to start a feud with Axl. Yet, somehow Axl is trying to make Slash look bad?