The Night Slash Went to Axl's House

axlsalinger

-You Slash fanboys seem to forget once Scott left you all threw him under the bus and defended him the same way the Axl fanboys have.

Not me.

I remember saying that I wished VR would have ventured in the experimental direction of Happy in Galoshes.

And I think BOTH Happy and 12-Bar Blues are better albums than anything Slash has put out as solo albums.

But I still think Slash was the bigger draw of the 2 when it came to VR.

It really shouldn't be in dispute that Slash was the bigger star in VR, after all it started as a Guns reunion of sorts (Slash, Duff, Matt, and for a short time, Izzy) for quite some time while they searched for a singer. Eventually they settled on Scott, his antics are pretty ridiculous but he did a decent job overall. I guess the Guns fans would say Slash & Duff, the STP fans might say Scott. The casual fan would probably be more familiar with Slash as well.

I generally do try to defend Beta when the criticism becomes unfair, but this incident troubles me. She seemed to handle it very poorly, we still don't know if she told Axl at the moment or much later (or if he was even there that day), and the history of Guns n' Roses could have turned out much differently. It doesn't appear to me that her actions helped Axl either - he did get back out on the road but CD didn't come out for 3 more years and Axl then spent another 5 years wandering around in a fog ...

I think there was a pretty big gap between the Scott they wanted, and the Scott they got. VR probably thought they'd get to make a kickass version of the best bits of Appetite and Core. But Scott, by the sounds of his solo stuff, is much happier doing experimental artsy poppy music. He's far less angry sounding these days, on his music at least.

Guest cbgnr666

I wonder do Myle's and the new band have to worry about Slash making another attempt at a late night early morning reconcilitation?

Also if the second attempt was successful and he got back in gnr,wouldn't it be akward in some ways?

Edited by cbgnr666

Why does Velvet Revolver not exist today? The 'inability to find a singer' line is a smokescreen for Slash to do his own thing.

Exactly...Scott was the star of the band and Slash just can't accept that.
All I know is when I saw VR people were dressed as Slash and wore Slash shirts, not Scott shirts or outfits ;)

Plus it was marketed as a supergroup, to say Slash wasn't a star of the band would be a pretty substantial oversight of the media's and public' s perceptions of the band

Anyways, I don't consider the ordeal of Slash going to Axl's house a big deal. It doesn't mean Slash is spineless or a liar or anything and it doesn't imply anything that negative about anyone in my view. Slash (with the help of Perla and liquid courage) wanted to sort things out and Axl never reciprocated that, it just is how it is.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

I would definitely say Slash was the star of the show. As others have pointed out, even before the band got a name and singer, it was seen more as something of a Guns N' Roses reunion. Even after Scott was brought in you generally heard the average fan refer to it as, "Slash and a bunch of the GN'R guys with the Stone Temple Pilots singer."

Anyone who think Slash is bigger than STP's singer and the leader of VR are delusional.

All the Slash fans are funny...Slash hates Scott leads to "OMGDZ Scott is shit" and it's the end of the world when someone mentions he was the star of the band.

I disagree. Scott has become a laughing stock the last few years. First he gets kicked out of stp. Then VR kicks him out. Then he rejoins STP and they kick him out again. I really like Scott but....he was a great 90s singer, but Slash's work is timeless. Slash is of course bigger than Scott.

You let your hate warp your views too much. Just my opinion.

And that Xmas CD... :nervous:

X-Mas CD > AL

Dude C'MON thats bullshit and you know it

Funny thing is, Slash has badmouthed Axl for many years after the break up of the band. Axl has kept hes mouth shut. Slash is the guy for whatever reasons tries to reach out to Axl coming to hes home. He then lies about it, try to deny it before he has to admit, it happend. My conclusion on all this is: Slash wants badly back in Guns N Roses, and hes biggest dream is to reunite.

Im hoping Axl never let him back in the band. He doesnt deserve that. Insted Axl should get back Buckethead. rock3

Funny thing is, Slash has badmouthed Axl for many years after the break up of the band. Axl has kept hes mouth shut. Slash is the guy for whatever reasons tries to reach out to Axl coming to hes home. He then lies about it, try to deny it before he has to admit, it happend. My conclusion on all this is: Slash wants badly back in Guns N Roses, and hes biggest dream is to reunite.Im hoping Axl never let him back in the band. He doesnt deserve that. Insted Axl should get back Buckethead. rock3

Really? What did Slash say? So many of us have been trying to figure this out and you act like you are in the know. Please share. :)

Funny thing is, Slash has badmouthed Axl for many years after the break up of the band. Axl has kept hes mouth shut. Slash is the guy for whatever reasons tries to reach out to Axl coming to hes home. He then lies about it, try to deny it before he has to admit, it happend. My conclusion on all this is: Slash wants badly back in Guns N Roses, and hes biggest dream is to reunite.

Im hoping Axl never let him back in the band. He doesnt deserve that. Insted Axl should get back Buckethead. rock3

And people say there is no such thing as an Axl Nutter.

So much of what you said is wrong in that paragraph that it doesn't even deserve a response. It must be an odd thing to have your thoughts/opinions shaped by how it is related to a 51-year-old rock singer, rather than by facts, logic and common sense.

Edited by Groghan

Saddest moment in Slash's career.

Not becouse he didn't get a reunion, but becouse I don't think that Beta lied about what Slash said that night, I mean I didn't belive her or Axl at first but then he when on to say first "no I wasn't there" to then go for the classic "well I was there but I didn't say that" It just hurts me how easily he turned his back on his band mates and it hurts me even more that he didn't even was man enoug to say "yes I said that" and get it over. Maybe if he had come just to make amends (I won't say to end their war just becouse there was not any war between them, just between the fans) something good could have come out of that, maybe he would have been in a show or two with the new guys, I don't think that Axl would have kicked anybody out just for him to go back in, but they would at least have been friends again. But hey is his life not mine

Are you making up quotes? "no I wasn't there" When did Slash say that? The most I've heard was that he was asked about it on a radio show and dismissed the version of events. Where did you get that quote?

Would you want to talk to somebody who you hadn't seen in a decade who showed up drunk at your house at five in the morning?

If it was Slash? Umm....YEAH.

:xmasssanta: What if it was TM?

:lol:

Nice Randy. Real nice.

I think Slash should go back and try again. Izzy was turned away first time he tried. Now look at them. BFF's.

You call the police if TM knocks on your door, at ANY time of day.

Regarding Slash 's visit, just seems odd that from what we know, Axl has been waiting for years to get an apology. It might have happened that night. Considering Axl had cordial visits with izzy, duff, Gilby, Matt, and even Steven fucking Adler, who knows what could have happened.

Regarding Slash 's visit, just seems odd that from what we know, Axl has been waiting for years to get an apology. It might have happened that night. Considering Axl had cordial visits with izzy, duff, Gilby, Matt, and even Steven fucking Adler, who knows what could have happened.

Yeah, he was waiting for an apology for years... but I really don't know if he could have dealt with it after so long. It's like an ex trying to come back in your life, it's just.... hard to figure out what the right choice is. I think it's pretty clear that Beta never wants Slash to get close to Axl, though.

As I've said before, I don't buy Beta's account of the visit. Have you ever noticed that whenever Beta tells a story, the other party is an emotional wreck and begging Axl for forgiveness, using flowery language that no one actually uses in real life? Look at her account of the conversation with the Activision exec and her story of how Slash behaved. There are some interesting similarities.

A mother always protects her child no matter how big a fuck he is.........her son is never guilty......just human nature........

Would you want to talk to somebody who you hadn't seen in a decade who showed up drunk at your house at five in the morning?

If it was Slash? Umm....YEAH.

:xmasssanta: What if it was TM?

:lol:

Nice Randy. Real nice.

I think Slash should go back and try again. Izzy was turned away first time he tried. Now look at them. BFF's.

Izzy is not stupid...I am sure he gets a nice paycheck every time he plays with NuGuns.....

I personally find it really hard to believe that Slash opened up to Beta at the door and said all those things. It would be one thing if he actually spoke to Axl that night and then Axl came out and said Slash said all those things to HIM but do we really believe that Slash (who apparently wasn't even allowed in the house) told Beta at the door, " Uh Beta... could you tell Axl that Duff is spineless, Scott's a fraud and I hate Matt Sorum and it's clear to me now that he's the stronger man, Thanks! " That scenario just seems totally retarded and unbelievable to me. Even if Slash truly believed all those things I can't see him telling Stephanie Seymour's former babysitter all of that in hopes that she would pass the message on to Axl at some point. Then again, that's just my opinion, doesn't make any sense to me though.

Edited by Nobody
  • Like 3

Yeah, he was waiting for an apology for years... but I really don't know if he could have dealt with it after so long. It's like an ex trying to come back in your life, it's just.... hard to figure out what the right choice is. I think it's pretty clear that Beta never wants Slash to get close to Axl, though.

That's an interesting point. We've been hearing for a long time now that Axl wants an apology from Slash. I believe even Marc has said it.

But what if Axl can't accept it. His hatred for Slash really seems to haven taken on a life of it's own, it's consumed him for decades now. What if he can't let that hatred go? What if he actually needs it to push him thru the day....and then it's suddenly gone. Would he turn on Beta and her family?

I get the impression he needs a focus for his anger, someone physical that he can project it on to. Whether it was his mother or grandmother or father or Warren Beatty. If he forgives Slash, he'll need to find another victim.