Do you expect CD2 to have more rockers?

AndreCC

We all know it will come whether it will be in 2 years, 4 or more.

Do you expect it to be like Chinese Democracy full of ballads and slow songs? or a more agressive one?

Please don't confuse what you want with what you expect. I wanna know your expectations.

If all the songs we know come out on the second album, let's see what we got so far from what we know:

Seven - Ballad (confirmed by Brain - "timeless ballad")

Jackie Chan - Rocker (If it's really Checkmate)

Silkworms - Rocker

The General - Rocker (From what i understood according to Baz)

Going Down - ballad / soft song

Atlas Shrugged - Possibly a Catcher in the Rye type of song (it has Brian May on it)

Soul Monster ?!

Cuban Skies ?!

Berlin ?!

Thyme ?!

Monstrosity?!

What do you think?

You have a misguided sense of entitlement...

?

With your expectations and such

On topic: I expect there to be a few more rockers in order to get some radio airplay.

Not sure I would consider The General to be a rocker (basis this solely on the intro music).

You have a misguided sense of entitlement...

?

With your expectations and such

On topic: I expect there to be a few more rockers in order to get some radio airplay.

Not sure I would consider The General to be a rocker (basis this solely on the intro music).

About the sense of entitlement, do you think the cd will never come out? i mean even if it's 2020, i think it will eventually drop. We never thought Chinese Democracy would come out and it did in 2008.

I always thought the intro that we listened to that is supposed to be The General was just a variation of the song's melody mixed with some orchestra for shows intro purposes only.

I mean there's a version out there that lasts for about 2:40 minutes. I wouldn't think they would do such a big intro on a song...

I think they just mixed some of the background sounds of the track with other sounds, but i could be wrong.

Going Down is NOT a ballad. Definitely a rocker, just not in the same vein as most GN'R songs.

And Monstrosity isn't a real song for what we know.

Ok well, i can't say it's a rocker either... probably along the lines of Prostitute i would say...

All these silly threads about CD2 are getting annoying.

It's idiotic to have ANY expectations of CD2. We don't know any songs that might be on it. We don't know IF the band is even planning to make it, let alone what they plan to put on it. Therefor having any expectations of an album that might not even exist is pointless and you're only setting yourself up for more dissatisfaction.

I don't even expect it to ever come out. It's pathetic, but in the world of this idiotic band we follow it's the only way not to get disappointed.

Aim low!

In fact, don't even bother to aim at all. Just go for a beer instead.

Lol, at all these "CD2 will never come out" comments.

Anyway I do expect CD2 to have more rockers than CD1. Not only because I wish so, and because I think it would be disasastrous for GNR to release another album full of ballads. The reason I expect CD2 to have more rockers is because of this Axl quote:

On New Songs: "What I can say is if you don't like [Chinese Democracy], then you probably won't like [the new songs]. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

So according to Axl,it will be a bit meaner and darker. I'm not expecting an album full of rockers like Appetite,but I do hope and expect that it ill have more rockers than CD1.

Lol, at all these "CD2 will never come out" comments.

Anyway I do expect CD2 to have more rockers than CD1. Not only because I wish so, and because I think it would be disasastrous for GNR to release another album full of ballads. The reason I expect CD2 to have more rockers is because of this Axl quote:

Chinese Democracy], then you probably won't like [the new songs]. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

So according to Axl,it will be a bit meaner and darker. I'm not expecting an album full of rockers like Appetite,but I do hope and expect that it ill have more rockers than CD1.

Robin? You mean the Robin who hasn't been in the band for years?

Sure, keep holding on to whatever Axl said many years ago.

Edited by username

I feel like all of these extra songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions will eventually come out in one way or another. Not necessarily in an album, but in some other fashion. It might also take 20 years or longer, or it could take a lot less. I don't believe anyone truly knows. This is just my personal opinion though, it's pure speculation.

I also feel that having absolutely no expectations regarding new music is the best attitude to have regarding this band. That way if no new music is ever released you will not have any bitter feelings, but if new music is released you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1