Your request for Beta and Axl...........in 2014

Apollo

And if it was a box set or a 3-disc set............new album, leftover cd songs, remixes/b-sides...........I'd pay $100 for that today.

So, in order for Axl to get $100 from you, he could either release some music, or play 3 shows in your area and hope you buy a t-shirt at each show.

I wonder which one he'll choose............. :P

Why not share all that music with your fans????????

Because it doesn't exist.
Fixed?

Nah, something exists somewhere that would be finished to a normal artist. We're not exactly dealing with a normal artist though.
I'm not convinced there's an album worth of songs with vocals. My guess is 4-5 songs are close to a go. And I include Going Down and Silkworms in that. But like everything else, pure speculation.

I'm not convinced there's an album worth of songs with vocals. My guess is 4-5 songs are close to a go. And I include Going Down and Silkworms in that. But like everything else, pure speculation.

He did claim to have another albums worth and Baz claims to have heard at least that. I'm not sure that is something worth lying about.

And if it was a box set or a 3-disc set............new album, leftover cd songs, remixes/b-sides...........I'd pay $100 for that today.

So, in order for Axl to get $100 from you, he could either release some music, or play 3 shows in your area and hope you buy a t-shirt at each show.

I wonder which one he'll choose............. :P

Except that would be $200 per show!!!

And, attendance at shows is decreasing.....so he can really only milk that nostalic gravy train for so long.

Man, I just watched a youtube doc about GnR where Axl is quoted as saying he would hate to just tour old music and not grow as an artist......hopefully he still feels the same way!!!!

Take Prince's lead? http://nypost.com/2013/08/26/prince-reigns-till-after-530-a-m-in-amazing-city-winery-show/

Prince arrived on stage at 3:15 a.m. and played until 5:40 a.m on Monday morning!

No cameras/no videos/ no phones. Yep, people were asked to not even check their cell phones!

1) Play a new song at the next show. Or play a bit of a new song. I expect the new release is gonna happen in 2014 so let's get a teaser.

2) Get rid of those videos that play with the band. Or get better ones that go with the songs or seem more meaningful.

3) Get a publicist that is reputable.

4) Put a personality on the Facebook page. Let's hear from Axl. Show his presence there as a definite.

5) Have one of Axl's confidants (Del James) or notables (Chuck Klosterman) interview him.

6) Keep up the good work! I only have suggestions not complaints really!

Prince is a sideman and a frontman. If GNR without Axl were left to their own devices, they'd be doing thousands of songs, they probably know as many songs as Prince's band does, esp. when you're talking about Ferrer, Fortus and Bumblefoot.

Posted Today, 05:51 PM

GOD

• photo-thumb-1890.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,644 posts
  • 16-October 02

pe_teko, on 05 Sept 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:snapback.png

I would pay a lot for 5 cd box of unreleased material...

Oh bullshit! you kow you would download that shit the second it came out into the open. :awesomeface:

------------------------

That's true :awesomeface:

but since it's not going to happen I can say I would pay a lot... I would buy 10 thousand Dr Pepper's cans.

Seriously, if a 5 cd boxset of real unreleased songs I wouldn't mind spending a lot of money. Let's say 200+$

edit: fuckin' multiquote :no:

Edited by pe_teko

Let's keep this respectful so it doesn't get moved to attitude or deleted.

We know that Team Brazil and Axl's camp reads the forum.

As die-hard fans of the band, some of us have supported Axl financially and with our fandom since the beginning in the 80s and through the current band.

I'm sure that the GnR camp would be interested to read our thoughts.

So please keep this respectful, don't bash anybody, DONT post who u wish would get fired. JUST throw out what you would love to see happen with our favorite band in 2014.

I would love to see a new album, of course, but in a dream world 2014 would be even more than that. It would be the year that GnR/Axl dedicated to fans of the band.

I know it's important for Axl, Beta, Del, Fernando and company to - what is in their eyes - hold people accountable for their actions. Labels, video game companies, promoters, former band members, fans/haters on music forums, etc.

My wish is that they take one year off from doing that, and dedicate 2014 to the fans of the band. Put the haters, cancers, evil people on the back burner just for one year. And concentrate on the MILLIONS of fans who love and support Axl and his music.

Maybe take Prince's lead - again, just for 2014, and then go back to normal operations. Look at what the purple mad man has done at various times in his career.

1993: 3-disc greatest hits album. Featured two brand new songs, as well as unreleased tracks and all his B-side songs.

1996: 3-disc, 36 song album. Three hours of music.

1998: 5-disc collection of unreleased music

2006 album - prince had golden tickets inserted into random CDs. 24 winners (with a guest each) were able to attend a star-studded private party and performance......at Prince's house.

2009 - 3-disc release

I would love to see Axl/Beta do one of those t hings in 2014. Dedicate 2014 to the fans. Don't worry about the haters/evil people for one year.

Can you imagine 2014 looking like this and what it would do for the GnR brand?

Box set, includes 5 cds

1. New album - written by current band

2. B-sides, unreleased material on one disc

3. CD2 album - all leftover CD material

4. 2-disc live CD

5. 20 "golden tickets" randomly distributed in box set, plus randomly select 20 forum members to attend party at Axl's mansion. Gourmet food, a short acoustic show, hanging out with the band for the night.

THAT would shut up 90% of the haters, and bring GnR a TON of good press and positive reactions around the world.

Um, none of that will ever happen. First, writing an entire album isn't something that you just toss out there. Axl Rose is a perfectionist to a fault. The reason that Prince produced albums in so little time was because he had signed a 60 album contract through Warner Bros (which made him feel like a slave). It wasn't out of any duty or love for his fan base.

You're requesting what amounts to 4 albums in 2014 (which BTW is like four months away). Golden tickets? What is this Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Axl Rose isn't letting 1 derelict fan into his mansion no less 20 for - gourmet food, an show and a band "hangout" (whatever the fuck that is).

Come on. Think with the big head.

Take Prince's lead? http://nypost.com/2013/08/26/prince-reigns-till-after-530-a-m-in-amazing-city-winery-show/

Prince arrived on stage at 3:15 a.m. and played until 5:40 a.m on Monday morning!

No cameras/no videos/ no phones. Yep, people were asked to not even check their cell phones!

1) Play a new song at the next show. Or play a bit of a new song. I expect the new release is gonna happen in 2014 so let's get a teaser.

2) Get rid of those videos that play with the band. Or get better ones that go with the songs or seem more meaningful.

3) Get a publicist that is reputable.

4) Put a personality on the Facebook page. Let's hear from Axl. Show his presence there as a definite.

5) Have one of Axl's confidants (Del James) or notables (Chuck Klosterman) interview him.

6) Keep up the good work! I only have suggestions not complaints really!

Prince is a sideman and a frontman. If GNR without Axl were left to their own devices, they'd be doing thousands of songs, they probably know as many songs as Prince's band does, esp. when you're talking about Ferrer, Fortus and Bumblefoot.

True.

Guess it is just different personalities.

Some musicians LOVE to share all their music/creations with their fans.

While others guard it and don't want to share it. And act like their unreleased songs are pieces of top secret government affairs.

To each their own!

Just sucks that our favorite singer and his manager fall into the second group.

He did claim to have another albums worth and Baz claims to have heard at least that. I'm not sure that is something worth lying about.

Baz also said Sorry was death rock or whatever the fuck he said. Baz is retarded. :lol:

You could be right. I don't know. I assume everything out of Axl's mouth is a lie, honestly.

• Like 1

Baz also said Sorry was death rock or whatever the fuck he said. Baz is retarded. :lol:

You could be right. I don't know. I assume everything out of Axl's mouth is a lie, honestly.

Axl having nothing sounds perfectly rational when subscribing to the retarded Baz and pathologically lying Axl theory. I'm almost convinced myself.

• Like 1

Basically just new music for me. An Australian tour would be great but I honestly hope they don't come back here to tour for at least 2 years as every time they do I end up being extremely broke. Haha.

Just on seeing GN'R and finances, I've spent around $20,000 since 2007. So a break would from seeing them would be nice for my wallet. Haha

STart thinking about a box set for your die hards, or releasing some newer material as singles....that way there is no pressure to make "the perfect album."

Hit up the East Coast for more ICAP shows.

Do another forum Q and A.

Edited by JAxlMorrison

I'd like to see Axl take better care of himself... Quit the drinking. I think this will help improve his voice for live shows. Then I'd like to see them actually change up the set list.

I'd say how about some music, but I believe that's too much to ask for. If it took Axl so long to put CD out with there being a huge demand... I don't think he will be working so hard to release something where the demand just isn't there besides from people like us.

• Like 1

Just give me the ten best cuts leftover from the CD sessions (with Bucket and Finck) and put them together as an album. In a dream world, do that, but also release the unadultered multitracks so someone in the community can un-fuck the inevitable wall of production on them.