Jurassic World [SPOILERS]

sweetness

no goldblum no buys

As much as I agree with this I'll defintely be there openning night regardless.

I kind of dig the title, gives me the feeling that this isn't just going to be another "idiots go to island and get attacked by dinosaurs" movie

I know what you mean, but it just sounds weird when you say it out loud.

I'm just glad it isn't "Jurassic Park 4"

Honsestly, whether or not Sam Neil or Jeff Goldblum are involved isn't nearly as important to me as whether or not John Williams does the score. They could bring in an all new cast for all I care, but if John Williams doesn't score this motherfucker it just isn't a Jurassic Park movie. So far Colin Trevorrow has avoided that question which kind of scares me.

Edited by sweetness

When John Williams dies it really is going to be the end of an era. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Spielberg movies in general will never be the same.

Truth. He's 81, it's a miracle he hasn't retired yet.

IMDB has him doing the score for the next Jurassic Park and Star Wars, we can only hope this is true

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, and Bryce Dallas Howard are the first casted in Jurassic World. Josh Brolin, Idris Elba, and David Oyelowo are rumored, as well as Jeff Goldblum. However I highly doubt Goldblum will be able to do it since he's going to be shooting Independence Day 2....

As much of a fanboy as I am, I realize a fourth Jurassic Park movie is kind of ridiculous, but Independence Day fucking 2?

oh, it isn't just Independence Day 2.... its Independence Day Forever Part I, and Independence Day Forever Part II

theres going to be two more fucking Independence Day movies, and they're tying up Ian Malcom

Oohh, is Will's super talented and not at all douchetastic son in them? Edited by Angelica

• 3 weeks later...

oh, it isn't just Independence Day 2.... its Independence Day Forever Part I, and Independence Day Forever Part II

theres going to be two more fucking Independence Day movies, and they're tying up Ian Malcom

Oohh, is Will's super talented and not at all douchetastic son in them?

lol that is probably a safe bet

• 3 months later...

So the JP toy talk in the Godzilla thread and the recent announcement of John Williams and Steven Spielberg doing a benefit show with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra got me excited for Jurassic Park, thought this thread could use an update.

-It's confirmed the film will take place on a dilapidated Isla Nublar, 22 years after the events of the first film. They're actually rebuilding the sets in Hawaii in the exact same locations as they were built in 1992.

pics ->http://fansided.com/2014/02/18/jurassic-world-set-photos-leaked/

-Chris Pratt has been cast as the lead role, joining Bryce Dallas Howard, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, and Irrfan Kahn.

-Filming begins in April

-In a recent interview with the Huffington Post Jeff Goldblum has confirmed that he hasn't been contacted by anybody from the Jurassic World production team :(

-Legendary Pictures will co-produce Jurassic World

-Earlier this month Chris Pratt did an interview with MTV, and they asked a great question:

MTV: After three movies about dinosaurs that are essentially trapped on a secluded island. Why the hell would anyone go back there? Pratt explained that not only does "Jurassic World" address that question, but the answer to it was one of the reasons he joined the movie in the first place.

Pratt: "What I liked about it was it answers the question, 'Why would you do that?' How do you suspend disbelief to be like 'Oh, yes, let's make this mistake again'? 'We haven't learned our lesson about dinosaurs. We should definitely live with them to see how that works out after three tries at it,' [Trevorrow] answers the question really well through the script. Colin did a great job of writing it and justifying it, in his own way having fun with. Anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused, the way I was, about how they answer that."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1721916/jurassic-world-chris-pratt.jhtml

I actually have a lot of hope for this to be a solid installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, considering everything that has come out in the last few months. Of course, they could all just be saying "the right things" while they prepare to start pushing out a large brown log, who knows. My gut tells me this is going to be more than another uninspired sci fi action movie sequel CGI wank fest, though I'm not exactly sold on the cast I'm glad there aren't any big name movie star personalities involved.

Also, apparently a few pages of the script have leaked online and they contain potential spoilers, as well as un-announced characters. They look legit but I havent read them, I didn't include them in this thread because personally I try to avoid that shit.

Edited by sweetness
  • Like 1