Slash badmouthing Axl in the press - questions...

Estranged Reality

I'm a million times more of a fan of Axl's music than Slash's music......but the way some people on this forum are obsessed with hating Slash is really pathetic.

With Slash, Axl had the biggest rock band in the world.

Without Slash...............one album in 15 years. And DJ Ashba. Beta. Del. Fernando. Bowling Alleys. Weddings. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

Valiant effort, but we've tried this before, ER. The anti-Slash brigade never comes up with anything. :shrugs:

Actually, I have answered it many times before.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t90-axl-rose

Go through and pick your own worst. Not saying there's anything majorly bad, but there are a lot of things that Axl probably took very personally.

I wouldn't call it bad mouthing but there's enough there for Axl to get pissed about over the years.

From the chats I got that for Axl it's about how Slash left the band and then him saying Axl shouldn't use the name and how Axl got control.

Slash Snakepit story doesn't fit Axls. I don't think we can know what happened in this case.

It comes down to how Axl sees it and since he didn't break any laws it's he said she said for the most part.

They are living in the past and profiting from that nostalgia aspect. Meanwhile Axl tries to evolve the band and is continuously haunted by the past or this media construct of the past.

Hahahahaha
I think that's true whether its VR or solo the classic guys have stayed closer to the old Guns thing, which has a nostalgia aspect. Axl tried to move forward but found he couldn't. I don't see one being better than the other. But definitely harder to do what Axl is doing all things considered. Edited by wasted

2 years, 13 pages, 0 proof. lol Axl crazies.

You'll have to forgive them, they fell for Slash's lies that he did it. Just as many people fell for his lies about the name and we aren't calling them 'Slash crazies'.

Zero forgiveness. lol Axl crazies.

Here's my advice:

Grow the fuck up, stop acting like teenage girls and hug it out, you washed up old bitches.

There it is in a nutshell. People take sides but both men are totally to blame.

I just think Slash has tried a little harder to end the hate.

He started it. No fair!

Here's my advice:

Grow the fuck up, stop acting like teenage girls and hug it out, you washed up old bitches.

He started it. No fair!

Hopefully Intercourse will reply to this before 2017.

Here's my advice:

He started it. No fair!

Y

Hopefully Intercourse will reply to this before 2017.

I'm home sick and watched Behind the Music for the first time in ages, those who worked with the band on that tour were adamant that Axl started it. They were there, Wasted and I are two losers on a dead band forum, I know who's higher up the totem pole in the telling of this tale.

Axl started riots, Slash started the feud.

What came first the riot or the spaghetti?

Maybe Perla will divulge how Slash really feels once her book comes out, you have to know there's a book coming...

Was she really like a Heidi Fleiss type?

Slash explained he was kinda bitter in the past and said some things about Axl to the media that he regrets.

Maybe talking about members of the band and problems Slash had with Axl was not a good idea, can damage relationships in the band, but I see it more like a common and normal thing like when one of your co workers or a friend's actions are fucked up and damage what you're trying to do, so you just talk about it with other people cause you're frustrated and have a need to express yourself and vent.

I don't know the whole story, Axl didn't share a lot, he just said there is much we don't know.

Still, I don't believe Slash's intention was to ruin Axl's life. They were young, rich, with big egos and eventually they didn't see eye to eye and lost their shared goal.

20 years is a really long time. My guess is even now, Slash will have no problem sitting down with Axl and at least bury the hatchet.

What more can you do, really?

Edited by Rovim

I guess Slash felt forced out and Axl has no right to use name, so he was airing those frustrations.

Axl on the other hand felt Slash didn't want to be in Guns. He didn't want to work on Snakepit material with Axl, or on Axls songs. So from that point Axl doesn't believe Slash has a right to decide what Axl does with the name after he leaves.

I guess Slash felt forced out and Axl has no right to use name, so he was airing those frustrations.

Axl on the other hand felt Slash didn't want to be in Guns. He didn't want to work on Snakepit material with Axl, or on Axls songs. So from that point Axl doesn't believe Slash has a right to decide what Axl does with the name after he leaves.

Perhaps Slash didn't think Axl was leading the band in the right direction. He wanted to still mainly do the hard rock thing, without too many ballads or trying to be Pearl Jam (incorporating newer influences)

Can't say I don't get that. You take into consideration Axl is always late, doesn't show up to rehearsals very often, bringing in new lead guitar players, the rolling stones cover with Paul... maybe the trust was lost and Axl wasn't perceived by Slash as the right guy to dictate the sound of the next Guns album.

He wanted Axl to get it out of his system with a solo album. We also know the Snakepit album caused problems between them cause Axl didn't like it as a whole while Slash thought it was closer to being finished. The "this could be a Guns album 100%" comment.

The other side of it, looking in retrospect, is that post Guns, Slash's albums don't really seem like the type of music Axl would want to create.

And Chinese contains many ballads, sounds, and songs that you don't really expect Slash to be on board with.

But then Slash said in his book I think that he would have done whatever Axl wanted, an industrial record. It doesn't really make sense to me with Slash's comments in the past about Seymour ballads, Axl wanting to be Pearl Jam, and the first Snakepit album.

Edited by Rovim

Slash explained he was kinda bitter in the past and said some things about Axl to the media that he regrets.

Maybe talking about members of the band and problems Slash had with Axl was not a good idea, can damage relationships in the band, but I see it more like a common and normal thing like when one of your co workers or a friend's actions are fucked up and damage what you're trying to do, so you just talk about it with other people cause you're frustrated and have a need to express yourself and vent.

It's normal to vent about work and co-workers with friends and family. What's not normal is to do it on the press. That's where he made the biggest mistake. Specially because Axl is a guy who doesnt like talking to the press, so he was in "disadvantage" regarding Slash.

Perhaps Slash didn't think Axl was leading the band in the right direction. He wanted to still mainly do the hard rock thing, without too many ballads or trying to be Pearl Jam (incorporating newer influences)

Can't say I don't get that. You take into consideration Axl is always late, doesn't show up to rehearsals very often, bringing in new lead guitar players, the rolling stones cover with Paul... maybe the trust was lost and Axl wasn't perceived by Slash as the right guy to dictate the sound of the next Guns album.

He wanted Axl to get it out of his system with a solo album. We also know the Snakepit album caused problems between them cause Axl didn't like it as a whole while Slash thought it was closer to being finished. The "this could be a Guns album 100%" comment.

The other side of it, looking in retrospect, is that post Guns, Slash's albums don't really seem like the type of music Axl would want to create.

And Chinese contains many ballads, sounds, and songs that you don't really expect Slash to be on board with.

But then Slash said in his book I think that he would have done whatever Axl wanted, an industrial record. It doesn't really make sense to me with Slash's comments in the past about Seymour ballads, wanting to be Pearl Jam, and the first Snakepit album.

I don't understand what Slash said in his book either and I guess it's because he doesn't decide what's gonna be the official reason for his bullshit.

He says he was willing to work on whatever Axl wanted if Axl had agreed to change his ways, being respectful of his bandmates and not being late to shows. So apparently, Slash was willing to keep spoiling Axl, as long as Axl was willing to met certain rules.... What about the music then? :shrugs:

It's normal to vent about work and co-workers with friends and family. What's not normal is to do it on the press. That's where he made the biggest mistake. Specially because Axl is a guy who doesnt like talking to the press, so he was in "disadvantage" regarding Slash.

But then Slash said in his book I think that he would have done whatever Axl wanted, an industrial record. It doesn't really make sense to me with Slash's comments in the past about Seymour ballads, wanting to be Pearl Jam, and the first Snakepit album.

I don't understand what Slash said in his book either and I guess it's because he doesn't decide what's gonna be the official reason for his bullshit.

He says he was willing to work on whatever Axl wanted if Axl had agreed to change his ways, being respectful of his bandmates and not being late to shows. So apparently, Slash was willing to keep spoiling Axl, as long as Axl was willing to met certain rules.... What about the music then? :shrugs:

Maybe his official reason for his bullshit was Axl's bullshit as he saw it. All of it: him being late, bringing Zakk Wylde and Paul Huge without really consulting Slash, his partner by his own words. "as long as me and Slash have that bond" and all that.

Plus musical differences which seem to be a main issue between them.

About Slash talking shit in the media: like I've said, it's not a good idea, but this is not unheard of. Many rock bands had public feuds and worked shit out later. It's more about how sensitive Axl is, and less about Slash and what he did imo.

Maybe a combination of both, but Axl probably sees it as Slash lied to everyone for years and constructed an alternate reality where Axl turned everything to shit.

Maybe his official reason for his bullshit was Axl's bullshit as he saw it. All of it: him being late, bringing Zakk Wylde and Paul Huge without really consulting Slash, his partner by his own words. "as long as me and Slash have that bond" and all that.

Plus musical differences which seem to be a main issue between them.

About Slash talking shit in the media: like I've said, it's not a good idea, but this is not unheard of. Many rock bands had public feuds and worked shit out later. It's more about how sensitive Axl is, and less about Slash and what he did imo.

Maybe a combination of both, but Axl probably sees it as Slash lied to everyone for years and constructed an alternate reality where Axl turned everything to shit.

I'm not saying Slash is wrong in complaining about Axl's deeds but it sounds like as long Axl was able to handle his BS, Slash was willing to do the industrial album, the Stephanie ballads and the epic videos.

My question is why?

Regarding media, Axl had a bad image already painted by journalists and people who didn't like him. Axl knew this but at that point, it all sounded like a legend thing. Slash, coming out and saying all that negative stuff was like the confirmation of Axl being an asshole. Do you know what I mean? its like "if Slash says so it must be true. Slash is not a journalist, he's a bandmate, he must be saying the truth". And that perpetuated Axl's assholeness forever. Which could have been counterattacked by Axl, if he wanted. He could have gone out and say lots of things and kill Slash. But he chose not to defend himself.

:shrugs: