Flashback: Axl Rose and Slash Share the Stage for the Last Time

axlinkafayette

Its sad Guns N Roses hasn't been around since 1993. Honestly, I don't know how people can watch this video and say anything we've had since 2000 is anything remotely close to this. Its only when I watch videos like this that I get really sad that all of these guys are alive and healthy and they've never shared the same stage again. Its like pouring salt on your tongue while the person stands just out reach. Why can't we get this just one more time?!

Edited by classicguns4life
  • Like 2

Its sad Guns N Roses hasn't been around since 1993. Honestly, I don't know how people can watch this video and say anything we've had since 2000 is anything remotely close to this. Its only when I watch videos like this that I get really sad that all of these guys are alive and healthy and they've never shared the same stage again. Its like pouring on your tongue while the person stands just out reach. Why can't we get this just one more time?!

EXACTLY

Its sad Guns N Roses hasn't been around since 1993. Honestly, I don't know how people can watch this video and say anything we've had since 2000 is anything remotely close to this. Its only when I watch videos like this that I get really sad that all of these guys are alive and healthy and they've never shared the same stage again. Its like pouring salt on your tongue while the person stands just out reach. Why can't we get this just one more time?!

Axl and Slash don't need each other. They have what is colloquially known as "f**k you" money and don't have to work with someone they don't like. It's the same reason why Pink Floyd won't tour again. My bank account is full and I don't want to spend time with that asshole.

You clearly like the people more than the music itself. You shouldn't judge anybody else that doesn't feel that way.

Regarding the thread and everyone else that can't move on - It's been 20 fkn years. TWENTY. How the fuck people still feel that way over a fkn band breakup doesn't make any sense. It's fkn insane.

Yep- in most sane people's head this was the last Guns show. Sad but true. What a band they were. Fucking awesome.

Oh, here we go... you're calling me insane because I don't agree with your (factually false) opinion. I am the one that got over a band breakup that happened 20 years ago. I am the person that doesn't think a few musicians that didn't get to do anything really special and huge musically-wise were the be all and end all of rock music. I live my live enjoying things that I actually like, and I do not come to a forum dedicated to said band just to act like a fkn insane and retarded cupcake complaining about everything regarding the current band, hating on every band member for no reason at all, going to their twitter and facebook pages to complain about them, reaching out to them just to say how much they suck and throw stuff at them on stage, spreading false gossips online (facebook, forums, twitter, etc) and lying about them just to make sure that everybody else gets to hate them as well, threatening their families, stalking and harassing them just because they replaced your idols is, certainly, sane.

Look - I am sane. I don't do anything that I decribed above. I come to a GnR forum to talk about GnR, even if I am not as interested as I used to be for several reasons. This was not Guns N' Roses' last show and that's not an opinion - trying to alter reality just because your brain can't accept that your idols aren't doing what you wanted them to do is insane. Doing any of the above is insane. Acting like you know the truth and everybody else that doesn't agree that a fkn band breakup that took place 20 - I'll repeat again, just in case: TWENTY! - years ago is not sane is laughable, pathetic and yes, insane.

I probably will not even respond to you or anybody else again as I possibly won't even read this thread again, but I'd like to point out that those people you described as sane are, for the most part, the insane people, not those that don't agree with your false statement.

RIP real Gn'R. :(

Nobody died so nobody needs to rest in peace. :)

• Like 1

Yep- in most sane people's head this was the last Guns show. Sad but true. What a band they were. Fucking awesome.

Oh, here we go... you're calling me insane because I don't agree with your (factually false) opinion. I am the one that got over a band breakup that happened 20 years ago. I am the person that doesn't think a few musicians that didn't get to do anything really special and huge musically-wise were the be all and end all of rock music. I live my live enjoying things that I actually like, and I do not come to a forum dedicated to said band just to act like a fkn insane and retarded cupcake complaining about everything regarding the current band, hating on every band member for no reason at all, going to their twitter and facebook pages to complain about them, reaching out to them just to say how much they suck and throw stuff at them on stage, spreading false gossips online (facebook, forums, twitter, etc) and lying about them just to make sure that everybody else gets to hate them as well, threatening their families, stalking and harassing them just because they replaced your idols is, certainly, sane.

Look - I am sane. I don't do anything that I decribed above. I come to a GnR forum to talk about GnR, even if I am not as interested as I used to be for several reasons. This was not Guns N' Roses' last show and that's not an opinion - trying to alter reality just because your brain can't accept that your idols aren't doing what you wanted them to do is insane. Doing any of the above is insane. Acting like you know the truth and everybody else that doesn't agree that a fkn band breakup that took place 20 - I'll repeat again, just in case: TWENTY! - years ago is not sane is laughable, pathetic and yes, insane.

I probably will not even respond to you or anybody else again as I possibly won't even read this thread again, but I'd like to point out that those people you described as sane are, for the most part, the insane people, not those that don't agree with your false statement.

-Man, you sure are defensive. Sounds like you're REALLY trying to convince everyone. You can yell and scream and plead all you want, but this version of Gn'R is nothing compared to that performance in 1993. Keep calling people "insane," and believing that somehow this 2000-era band's music or popularity will be anything compared to that. It won't. And THAT'S a fact, too. Enjoy sticking to your semantics that this is still Gn'R, that same band that existed then.

You clearly like the people more than the music itself. You shouldn't judge anybody else that doesn't feel that way.

Regarding the thread and everyone else that can't move on - It's been 20 fkn years. TWENTY. How the fuck people still feel that way over a fkn band breakup doesn't make any sense. It's fkn insane.

RIP real Gn'R. :(

Nobody died so nobody needs to rest in peace. :)

I didn't personally call you insane. Not sure what made you think that....

Axl and Slash don't need each other. They have what is colloquially known as "f**k you" money and don't have to work with someone they don't like. It's the same reason why Pink Floyd won't tour again. My bank account is full and I don't want to spend time with that asshole.

I totally agree with you.

I commend both Axl and Slash for not caving in and touring just for the money even though they can't stand each other.

So many bands are compromising their integrity by touring for the money, like Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. Please, I would rather have Axl and Slash play with bands they like and are really have a great time with. Yeah, who doesn't want to see the original GNR together live one more time, but if there's no love, what would be the point? You would be able to feel and see the tension and that would suck!

I totally agree with you.

I commend both Axl and Slash for not caving in and touring just for the money even though they can't stand each other.

So many bands are compromising their integrity by touring for the money, like Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. Please, I would rather have Axl and Slash play with bands they like and are really have a great time with. Yeah, who doesn't want to see the original GNR together live one more time, but if there's no love, what would be the point? You would be able to feel and see the tension and that would suck!

Yep- as much as we all say we want a reunion...other than a one off (like should have happened at HOF) it would be so forced/fake and full of tension. The setlists would all be the same Axl's voice & looks would be shot ....wait-that sounds like.....oh never mind.