GIFS now work again in personal photos

highvoltage

Not sure where else to post this, but it is a gif related question so I figured here is the best place.

I generally browse the forum on my iPad. It's iPad 2, 64GB updated with the latest software but I've noticed that some pages with gifs take a long time to load and a long time to leave the page when I'm done to the point where it's faster for me to quit the page entirely and just re-log onto the forum again. Is this relating to my device or the individual gifs that are being posted? I'm thinking perhaps some are larger than others as it doesn't happen all the time.

Not sure where else to post this, but it is a gif related question so I figured here is the best place.

I generally browse the forum on my iPad. It's iPad 2, 64GB updated with the latest software but I've noticed that some pages with gifs take a long time to load and a long time to leave the page when I'm done to the point where it's faster for me to quit the page entirely and just re-log onto the forum again. Is this relating to my device or the individual gifs that are being posted? I'm thinking perhaps some are larger than others as it doesn't happen all the time.

The connection must not be great I rekon.

I've got broadband and have full strength signal pretty much all the time. For instance, I can browse websites with heavy pictorial and video based content with no problems yet these stupid gifs make it soooooo slow. Drives me nuts. Especially since so many gifs get posted that are substitutes for a witty comment. :lol:

I've got broadband and have full strength signal pretty much all the time. For instance, I can browse websites with heavy pictorial and video based content with no problems yet these stupid gifs make it soooooo slow. Drives me nuts. Especially since so many gifs get posted that are substitutes for a witty comment. :lol:

Welcome to Australia and our shitty Internet. This is why the debate on the NBN is raging right now. When you say "full strength signal" and "broadband" in the same sentence, do you mean wireless broadband (3G/4G/etc), or wired broadband (ADSL)? ADSL signals don't fluctuate, so I'm assuming you're talking about a wireless connection. If so... that's your likely issue.

Actually, you said you use an iPad to browse right? There's your problem. ;)

• 1 month later...