This is what I miss

classicguns4life

I miss the band that could play anything and make it amazing. The man who could play anything on that piano and make it seem like he was singing for his life. The band that would go onstage and you'd have no idea what they were gonna do. I don't know, its just something thats not there anymore. Even a clip as trivial as this one shows that:

Axl can say he wasn't "totally there" for this tour or prepared, but you'd never know it from just about every video that has surfaced from it.

• Like 3

There's also clips of Axl having fun with the old guys too.Like the one where he taps Slash on the shoulder then goes around the other side of him.I don't care what anyone says,Axl did have fun on that tour.It might not have been the greatest for him,but it wasn't all the hellacious torture that he made/makes it out to have been.

• Like 2

There's also clips of Axl having fun with the old guys too.Like the one where he taps Slash on the shoulder then goes around the other side of him.I don't care what anyone says,Axl did have fun on that tour.It might not have been the greatest for him,but it wasn't all the hellacious torture that he made/makes it out to have been.

Totally agree. There's clips of him jumping up and down on a couch, him playing with Aerosmith, him laughing with the rest of the band. That tour solidified him as one of the greatest performers of all time. And I'm all for Axl doing things on his own time, but realistically if he wasn't ready for the Use Your Illusion tour, when would it have happened? They already hadn't toured regularly since 1988 and it just wouldn't have been smart or as good if they had waited till like 1993.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFd9TPCUfJc

He doesn't have that kind of fun anymore, and he's supposedly playing with people he likes more nowadays.

And it's all an illusion I guess....since Axl has said numerous times before that during the UYI tour he had no fun with the band and lots of problems going on, and said he's had a lot more fun during the new lineups era. Who would've have guessed it? :)

REAL Guns n' Roses was great. Every sane fan miss those good old days too.

Get over yourself.

it's just a rock n roll band.

If someone prefers the new GNR, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Megadeth etc...it doesn't mean they're are not "sane"

Hmm.....

great comment actually

Get over yourself.

so why the 10,000 posts defending Axl's every move?

No harm in liking "new" anything but some of your other examples are poorly chosen. If Metallica was just James they could be included. The other bands are better examples but look at their respectove trajectory since the lead singer exerted his ultimate authority..

Get over yourself.

so why the 10,000 posts defending Axl's every move?

No harm in liking "new" anything but some of your other examples are poorly chosen. If Metallica was just James they could be included. The other bands are better examples but look at their respectove trajectory since the lead singer exerted his ultimate authority..

Metallica is only 2/4 originals.

I don't defend Axl's every move.

Whilst Mustaine is much more important to Metallica than say Tracii Guns to GN'R, its an insult to call Kirk Hammett a "replacement" and that's coming from someone who believes a Hetfield/Mustaine/Burton/Ulrich lineup would have resulted in one of the greatest bands of all time, or at least until Cliff died.

And even Mustaine got Ellefson back and would take Friedman back anyday if he wanted to rejoin Megadeth so they don't count in your bullshit point either.

• Like 1

Whilst Mustaine is much more important to Metallica than say Tracii Guns to GN'R, its an insult to call Kirk Hammett a "replacement" and that's coming from someone who believes a Hetfield/Mustaine/Burton/Ulrich lineup would have resulted in one of the greatest bands of all time, or at least until Cliff died.

And even Mustaine got Ellefson back and would take Friedman back anyday if he wanted to rejoin Megadeth so they don't count in your bullshit point either.

Ellefson is one thing but no fuckin' way he trades Chris for Marty.

I guess you don't know his point of view on Friedman and Menza.

Here's his most recent point of view on them:

Do you ever feel the new stuff has to compete with your past successes or even just with nostalgia?

I don’t feel like that, but some fans certainly act like that. We always hear, “Make ‘Rust in Peace’ again.” It’d be real easy to do it, but where’s the artistic integrity of doing that? And people say, “You should get Marty (Friedman, former Megadeth guitarist) back in the band.” Marty doesn’t want to be in Megadeth. He quit, he’s a quitter, so get over it. And Nick (Menza, former Megadeth drummer) isn’t very healthy. Look at any of the video clips of him lately. So it’s like either you’re stupid or you’re a dreamer.

And when you make a record, you don’t stake your whole life on the success or failure of any one song. Some people like it, some don’t. (“Super Collider”) entered the charts at No. 6. If that’s something to be critical of, then bring it. I’ll take that all day long.

Source

Here's his most recent point of view on them:

Do you ever feel the new stuff has to compete with your past successes or even just with nostalgia?

I don’t feel like that, but some fans certainly act like that. We always hear, “Make ‘Rust in Peace’ again.” It’d be real easy to do it, but where’s the artistic integrity of doing that? And people say, “You should get Marty (Friedman, former Megadeth guitarist) back in the band.” Marty doesn’t want to be in Megadeth. He quit, he’s a quitter, so get over it. And Nick (Menza, former Megadeth drummer) isn’t very healthy. Look at any of the video clips of him lately. So it’s like either you’re stupid or you’re a dreamer.

And when you make a record, you don’t stake your whole life on the success or failure of any one song. Some people like it, some don’t. (“Super Collider”) entered the charts at No. 6. If that’s something to be critical of, then bring it. I’ll take that all day long.

Source

God bless Dave Mustaine

And it's all an illusion I guess....since Axl has said numerous times before that during the UYI tour he had no fun with the band and lots of problems going on, and said he's had a lot more fun during the new lineups era. Who would've have guessed it? :)

When I got to see a gig from the UYI tour, Axl was on form, as were the whole band. Ronnie Wood showed up on stage too, apparently he was in the audience. Axl seemed to having a good time. It was a good night. No booing, no stuff being thrown on stage. Just people passing out dues to the huge crowd.

Edited by vaida