Susanne Sundfør

SoulMonster

If you like precision and range, what do you think about her (she writes her own songs)?

She sings in Finnish, English, Swedish, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese ...,

maybe in about any language if you give her a couple of days. Here she is performing

in Chinese for 800 million Chinese speaking TV viewers.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It’s an eerie, otherworldly sound, one expanded and perfected on the extraordinary centrepiece that is Memorial, the type of song that teeters on the edge of self-parody but never tips over into ludicrousness. It’s a 10-minute long lament to a lost lover, dreamy and elegiac, with Sundfør’s voice often breaking with emotion as she rails against the man who “took off my dress and never put it on again”. And then, halfway through, it takes a thrilling left-turn into baroque chamber music, when the piano line running throughout the song seems to take on a life of its own, and bursts into colour with the aid of a gorgeous string section. It’s a staggeringly beautiful piece of music.
Read more at http://www.musicomh.com/reviews/albums/susanne-sundfor-ten-love-songs#2gItYrCPLPxcMBH2.99

Thats interesting, he's saying fur basically, at the end? Soo-sun Sund-fur. The D in Sund is almost silent. The way he says that bit, the Sund bit is the exact word for 'listen' in Urdu. Weird, there's no like...proper letters for it in English. At the end of Susanne it's almost like there's an A sound, i think it's just the N sound being kinda accentuated.

Thats interesting, he's saying fur basically, at the end? Soo-sun Sund-fur. The D in Sund is almost silent. The way he says that bit, the Sund bit is the exact word for 'listen' in Urdu. Weird, there's no like...proper letters for it in English. At the end of Susanne it's almost like there's an A sound, i think it's just the N sound being kinda accentuated.

That's the way I say it. But Lithium wouild probably pronounce the name slightly differently. ANyway, you can hear the Ø sound in the clip.