Let's Talk About You Could Be Mine

seely

I think Slash said in his book that it was a leftover song from AFD days, and should have been on the original album. For me, that makes sense since it picks up where that album leaves off.

Of course, the sound seemed much more polished than AFD. Part of that was Matt's drum. Can't imagine Steven playing that pattern. At that time, he probably couldn't.

I didn't really like it at first. I even learned it on guitar a few years ago, concert staple with the band I was in, but it's only a few months ago that I really started to dig it. Absolutely amazing vocal track(s) from Axl.

I think Slash said in his book that it was a leftover song from AFD days, and should have been on the original album. For me, that makes sense since it picks up where that album leaves off.

Of course, the sound seemed much more polished than AFD. Part of that was Matt's drum. Can't imagine Steven playing that pattern. At that time, he probably couldn't.

It was a clever move, making YCBM the first single. It simultaneously harks back to the rock sound of AFD and comes out of the gate swinging with Matt's powerful drum intro, something which sounds as unlike Adler's drumming as it's possible to get. It's like a statement of intent. "This is GN'R now, deal with it."

one of the best gnr songs period, you guys are crazy to say it should be dropped from the set.

Axl does amazing vocals on it, for sure. But the thing that really stands out to me is axl the songwriter. The third verse is the best verse, which is really hard to do. I first noticed Axl had a thing for making the 3rd vesre the best one on this song, which is something he doesn't get enough credit for. CD is full of 3rd verse master pieces also. He finds a way to bring more power and emotion as the song goes along, which in most cases the 3rd verse is the worst. But not for Axl.

one of the best gnr songs period, you guys are crazy to say it should be dropped from the set.

Have you heard a recent live version? It's consistently the worst song at concerts, IMO. Either Axl should drop a song or 2 so he can put the proper effort into the song, or he should drop YCBM. The thin clean voice doesn't work on it.

Have you heard a recent live version? It's consistently the worst song at concerts, IMO. Either Axl should drop a song or 2 so he can put the proper effort into the song, or he should drop YCBM. The thin clean voice doesn't work on it.

I saw them in 2011 in Detroit, Axl did it good that night. Maybe not old days good, but it wasn't bad.

I saw them in 2011 in Detroit, Axl did it good that night. Maybe not old days good, but it wasn't bad.

I saw them twice in 2011... Duff was the best part about YCBM (both times), but it was still sub-par vocally. Axl just can't do it justice anymore :shrugs:

I'd love to be proven wrong about that, though.

• 1 year later...

Amazing song no wonder it was Axl and Izzy collaboration. Riffs are amazing, vocals and melodies perfect.

I saw a youtube video once and sas surprised to see Izzy front and center playing those opening riffs. Matts drumming also interesting.

Why they buried at the end of UYI II I'll never know. It's an opener for sure.

Crash Diet's PhotoCrash Diet

25 Sep 2013

best GNR song ever (with or without the Terminator 2 movie)

I wanna reply and saw ur post, can 't Say it better. I know first gnr with that Song. It' s resum the sound "for me".

Oh I'm a cold heartbreaker,

Fit to burn,

And I'll rip your heart in two :headbang:

Axl does amazing vocals on it, for sure. But the thing that really stands out to me is axl the songwriter. The third verse is the best verse, which is really hard to do. I first noticed Axl had a thing for making the 3rd vesre the best one on this song, which is something he doesn't get enough credit for. CD is full of 3rd verse master pieces also. He finds a way to bring more power and emotion as the song goes along, which in most cases the 3rd verse is the worst. But not for Axl.

I thought Izzy wrote YCBM? Did Axl write the third verse and Izzy the first two?

I think the third verse in Don't Cry (alt. lyrics), and the third verse of Catcher in The Rye are good examples of Axl elevating power and emotion throughout songs like you mentioned

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma