Petition to make Attitude threads viewable to the public

bacardimayne

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm all for the closing of Attitude, it was a shit section that promoted shitposting, but deleting (hiding) every thread to have ever been made/moved into it save for the Cringeworthy one? Come on... Just open up a section called "ATTITUDE ARCHIVE" or something, keep all the threads locked if you have to. Some of the stuff made in the past few days since Brainsaber came back has been particularly good and it's a shame to lose it.

Edited by bacardimayne

I'm glad the Cringeworthy is still up, but what happened to the Create an Ashba tweet thread?

It's in the viewable-by-admins-only section. They'll probably just delete it all someday. :(

Archive Attitude. Some of those threads were great. Keep the Cringeworthy/Ashba Tweet threads open though

Attitude should be closed and deleted forever. There are important and newsworthy GNR issues to discuss, like Beta's citizenship and DJ's marriage. I can't wait to be rid of the cupcakes and to have some serious, respectful GNR discussions. I'm as excited as a comatose sloth.

I don't get what the big deal was with Attitude, stupid as it was it had its funny moments and nobody forced anybody to post there or even open the section. It was a place for all the shit regular users dont care to see in D&N, it's not like getting rid of it will eliminate the sort of topics that would have belonged there. It's just a rock band anyway, why anybody takes it so seriously I'll never be able to understand.

• Like 2

Sure, we'll talk about it.

I can change the permissions so the forum (and threads in it) are still accessible without having it visible from the front page... so you'd still be able to search for posts in Attitude, etc.

We're also considering a section to replace it - still something light-hearted and a bit of fun, but hopefully without people taking the section to "extremes".

When a decision's been reached, we'll let you know.

• Like 2

I'm all for the closing of Attitude, it was a shit section that promoted shitposting

I disagree

That section was good for save the cupcakes threads and keep DN from the shit threads.

The original purpose was good, but unfortunately some posters abuse this (inc. brainsaber)

but i agree with your idea

Personally i don't like the decision of closing attitude, but what can i do? :shrugs:

Real Talk:

Would the staff be willing to make ATTITUDE a "supporters-only" forum?

There were a lot of really funny threads in there, and it's disappointing to think that I won't be able to read them again.

Would the staff be willing to give it a thought?

JB

Edited by John Bonham
  • Like 1

Real Talk:

There were a lot of really funny threads in there, and it's disappointing to think that I won't be able to read them again.

JB

#ca$hgrab

But I do think that's a good idea!

Edited by Coma16

Real Talk:

JB

We'd already thought about it, but I'm pretty reluctant to go down the route of a paid section unless we have something that would really merit people paying for it.

Besides that, with what you propose we'd be charging people just to be able to read threads that were public before... If we were going down that route, we would really have to reopen Attitude as a Supporter-only section... which I don't know that there's enough demand to support and kind of defeats the purpose of closing it in the first place.

I would rather just make the threads public again for everyone as I suggested earlier in the thread. If that makes people happy, then hopefully they will still donate (we really do need the help guys)! ;)

• Like 2

How about having no links to attitude? As in: the only way to get there is to type in the URL. I mean, the URL could be available, but not an active link, so the user has to paste it. A warning could be issued: "By pasting this URL into your address bar, you accept that shenanigans will ensue and may be offensive to some readers." I dunno, somethin like that.

Actually I don't miss attitude. Well maybe a little. But I understand why it was closed.

• Like 1