today 2 years ago: Rock in Rio 2011

Russel Nash

And to remember it, here's a performance by Sebastian Bach in this year Rock in Rio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0x-bXzi1mE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsgaF5u-r8

Do you see any similarities?

Edit: I read some reviews and some comments for that gig and his last ones. Apparently he has some issues on his vocal chords, but the shitstorm has begun.

Summarizing the comments now he's Fat, old, and talentless. Sounds familiar?

Edited by Russel Nash

It was an utter trainwreck to watch. I was extremely pumped to hear Estranged, but with Axl's voice, forgetting lyrics, getting overall pissed off, I figured this was it, and the tour I had already bought tickets for 3 shows for...wasn't going to happen.

But then it did, and all 3 2011 shows I saw were tremendous in their own ways.

2012 in AC was even better.

LOL and history re-writes itself! I was THERE for both and didn't notice how shitty they sounded until the vid came up on youtube :D

Until 5 minutes ago I thought Baz had rocked and I was there!

LOL and history re-writes itself! I was THERE for both and didn't notice how shitty they sounded until the vid came up on youtube :D

Point proven then. Of course they rocked. A bad mix on a regular gig.

I think it's that, on a live gig, everything's too loud, people are singing along, the energy and adrenaline are taking over so you don't notice some flaws. I was pretty close and people were singing along to most of the songs so maybe it was that.

I think it's that, on a live gig, everything's too loud, people are singing along, the energy and adrenaline are taking over so you don't notice some flaws. I was pretty close and people were singing along to most of the songs so maybe it was that.

That's why big festival shows sucks...

Don't get me wrong, i like when 50000 or more people have fun together, but c'mon...

Not to mention RIR sound enginers always fucked up the settings

Edited by Crash Diet

That's why big festival shows sucks...

Don't get me wrong, i like when 50000 or more people have fun together, but c'mon...

Not to mention RIR sound enginers always fucked up the settings

They had a long history in fucking every rock act out there.

I was there for both too and they both sucked. You were probably too excited about it.

Though I don't expect rock shows to be perfect (the imperfections let me know that the artist is truly performing) Axl should at least have prepared for that gig. Especially Rio. So much was on the line. We last saw him lean and his voice was pitch perfect. He comes back out of shape and a voice in poor shape. No excuse.

A lot of the group at Evo watched it live and were chatting about it. I remember us all being pumped at first and then... not so much. I was still fired up for a couple of songs including Estranged of course.

That's exactly what it was like here too. Someone set up a live chat for Rio, and in the chat everyone was all like "fuck yea, this is amazing", and the next day it was like we all had a hangover, everyone was like "ugh this was awful, why the fuck did we watch that?" :lol:

Oh, and inb4ripgnrcomments

So now people are going to start trying to argue that Rio 2011 wasn't a disaster? :rofl-lol:

I'm sure bad mixing and youtube made Axl forget the lyrics to his songs and mumble incoherently.

THIS!! Axl's ass kissers don't criticize the singer...They blame the weather and that Axl couldn't read teleprompts etc..

Did u see other bandmembers act childish like Axl cause the weather? How can Axl forget lyrics to November Rain? He sang 3 times the same lyrics..Let's face it, the guy was not prepared for RIR2011 His voice was awful and so was the performance..Only good part was Estranged..but it took 18 fucking years to sing it again!!

Edited by gunnari

So now people are going to start trying to argue that Rio 2011 wasn't a disaster? :rofl-lol:

I'm sure bad mixing and youtube made Axl forget the lyrics to his songs and mumble incoherently.

dis·as·ter[dih-zas-ter, -zah-ster]
noun
a calamitous event, especially one occurring suddenly and causing great loss of life, damage, or hardship, as a flood, airplane crash, or business failure.
Obsolete . an unfavorable aspect of a star or planet.

Yeah, either ppl died that night or Axl's gone bankrupt.

pseud comedy won't make Rock in Rio 2011 a disaster.

If that's in response to my post, I'm not saying that at all - but when it was on the livestream, reception wasn't much better than anyone views that gig now, or really any time since it aired.

Just another example of GnR screwing up a big high-profile gig. He did it at Rio 2001 (although, looking back, that wasn't that bad), VMA's 2002, , RIR 2004 (though that, for as far as we know, was mostly Bucket's fault), RIR 2011, Bridge School.... Sad to think about really.. :(

Shame they never really rise to the occasion anymore, like Ritz 88, RIR 1991, Freddie Tribute 92... The high-exposure high-publicity things matter.

Edited by username

Just another example of GnR screwing up a big high-profile gig. He did it at Rio 2001 (although, looking back, that wasn't that bad), VMA's 2002, , RIR 2004 (though that, for as far as we know, was mostly Bucket's fault), RIR 2011, Bridge School.... Sad to think about really.. :(

On this i'll agree.

One of the most disappointing events to witness as a GNR fan. I'm glad he shed some weight and performed better than Rio in 11.

Nice that he shed some weight, but disappointing that he can't be bothered to do so BEFORE a huge gig that was planned way ahead.