Godzilla (2014)

Granted I've seen all of the trailers and tv spots but the only new footage/ details there that I could recall was the flying muto near the bridge, all of the plot details have been included in previously released trailers and spots.

That being said, I think saving the flying muto for the final film would have been better. Should have kept it as a surprise.

I wanted to see this movie especially in 3 D or Imax, but then I remembered Godzilla will most likely get killed in the end and I really hate that. I mean yeah he's going around destroying cities, but who created him in the first place?

If it's like the original version, he was created out of the mess that men made with the atomic bombs and radioactive shit, so why does Godzilla have to pay for it?

I know it's a fantasy movie, but I still don't like that he has to die.

Godzilla was given multiple back stories. But the most agreed on that he is a surving member of a dinosaur species, that was affected by the Bikini Atoll atomic bomb tests in 1954. I think this new one will give Godzilla his most complete backstory.

Stay tuned.

This new trailer gives a completely different vibe than the previous trailers. This one makes it seem like it's gonna be more of your typical "Godzilla vs. [insert Kaiju here]" film, whereas the prior trailers had given a more apocalyptic, Godzilla-driven vibe, which I was really digging. Not that this new trailer doesn't look good still, but it's got me wondering what to expect from this film in terms of tone if nothing else.

• Like 1

This new trailer gives a completely different vibe than the previous trailers. This one makes it seem like it's gonna be more of your typical "Godzilla vs. [insert Kaiju here]" film, whereas the prior trailers had given a more apocalyptic, Godzilla-driven vibe, which I was really digging. Not that this new trailer doesn't look good still, but it's got me wondering what to expect from this film in terms of tone if nothing else.

Different demographics.

Japanese love kaiju monster movies so the Asian trailer shows off that aspect more than the destructive Godzilla vide that EU and USA got.

• Like 1

I reckon they pretty much had to do this to ensure the possibility of starting a new franchise with this movie. If Godzilla was the sole villain and went on a mass-death killing spree then they'd pretty much have to kill him off by the credits. Making him the lesser of two evils opens the movie to sequels where he battles new foes.