Was "respect" one of the reasons behind NOT playing Welcome To The Jungle in the RnRHoF?

Cosmo

We all know people think of three songs when thinking about Guns N' Roses: Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City. Instead, the switched Jungle for Mr.Brownstone when performing in the HoF. Do you think that, by doing so, did Slash and Co. show respect towards Axl? Was it accidentaly? Was it just 'cause Myles doesn't usually sing it?

No. I never thought about why they played those songs and not others but "respect" towards Axl is not one of the reasons. Why should they do that seeing Axl's behaviour? I think that, them representing GNR and playing as GNR was more a "suck on that, Axl" kind of thing.

No. I never thought about why they played those songs and not others but "respect" towards Axl is not one of the reasons. Why should they do that seeing Axl's behaviour? I think that, them representing GNR and playing as GNR was more a "suck on that, Axl" kind of thing.

No matter what kind of shit they try and pull, they will never be guns n roses

Historically (in VR and Snakepit eras) I think Slash minimised GNR songs for two reasons:

1. Let's be real - Axl's songs are hard to sing cos of his range and technique and most singers can't do them justice.

2. I think on some level Slash was "protecting" the idea of a reunion one day. He was happy to do little tributes to GNR, but I think he was avoiding full GNR heavy sets because he eventually hoped at some stage the original line up would sort out their shit.

I notice however that the trend changed when he found myles. This is firstly because myles can hit the notes (sure some people hate his tone - but I mean he can at least hit the parts - unlike say scott who would have to sing nighttrain in a different key) and also I think slash has become increasingly aware that a reunion isn't going to happen - from when he was refused access to axl during the house visit, to the RRHOF debacle, I think he just accepts it's not happening now, so he no longer sees the reason to deny his heritage, After all the GNR stuff is some of his best riffs and solos.

As for the RRHOF. I think perhaps the reason was Myles showing respect to the fan base - rather than Axl per say.

I read somewhere Myles was hesitant to do the show - he likes to play with Slash - but he's not trying to be GNR2 and he understands that most GNR fans want Axl with Slash. I'm pretty sure he thought playing the show at all was opening the door to abuse, and I don't think he wants to be considered as the Axl replacement kind of thing. I think he wants conspirators to be it's own project with Slash - rather than him being seen as a Scott clone or an Axl clone or whatever. Anyway he eventually decided to play the show as a favour to the guys....but I think for that reason he will have focused on delivering the songs he can do the best....and we all known jungle isn't his best.

So I'd say it's out of respect to the GNR legacy and the fan base and not directly for Axl himself...but just that as a fan of GNR and a friend of Slash - he wanted to make the induction go smoothly and be as good as it could be in the absence of the real singer.

• Like 1

Historically (in VR and Snakepit eras) I think Slash minimised GNR songs for two reasons:

1. Let's be real - Axl's songs are hard to sing cos of his range and technique and most singers can't do them justice.

2. I think on some level Slash was "protecting" the idea of a reunion one day. He was happy to do little tributes to GNR, but I think he was avoiding full GNR heavy sets because he eventually hoped at some stage the original line up would sort out their shit.

I notice however that the trend changed when he found myles. This is firstly because myles can hit the notes (sure some people hate his tone - but I mean he can at least hit the parts - unlike say scott who would have to sing nighttrain in a different key) and also I think slash has become increasingly aware that a reunion isn't going to happen - from when he was refused access to axl during the house visit, to the RRHOF debacle, I think he just accepts it's not happening now, so he no longer sees the reason to deny his heritage, After all the GNR stuff is some of his best riffs and solos.

As for the RRHOF. I think perhaps the reason was Myles showing respect to the fan base - rather than Axl per say.

I read somewhere Myles was hesitant to do the show - he likes to play with Slash - but he's not trying to be GNR2 and he understands that most GNR fans want Axl with Slash. I'm pretty sure he thought playing the show at all was opening the door to abuse, and I don't think he wants to be considered as the Axl replacement kind of thing. I think he wants conspirators to be it's own project with Slash - rather than him being seen as a Scott clone or an Axl clone or whatever. Anyway he eventually decided to play the show as a favour to the guys....but I think for that reason he will have focused on delivering the songs he can do the best....and we all known jungle isn't his best.

So I'd say it's out of respect to the GNR legacy and the fan base and not directly for Axl himself...but just that as a fan of GNR and a friend of Slash - he wanted to make the induction go smoothly and be as good as it could be in the absence of the real singer.

Right on man. Agree with everything you said. I don't really like Myles too much on the second slash album. I thought he was great on the first with starlight and back from Cali. But I love him in Alter Bridge. That's a band that his voice is perfect for.

Neither will Axl's band.

Yeah. They really showed him,,,,

• Like 1

True. NuGNR will never be accepted by the masses, hence the abysmal sales of Chinese Democracy.

thought you were a nuGNR defender? But your right no matter how hard Axl tries to fool us and how much shit he heaps on the legacy he and his hired hands can never be authentic GnR.Any fool could see that by now. You'd have to be deaf dumb and blind and completely assbackwards to see it any other way.

thought you were a nuGNR defender? But your right no matter how hard Axl tries to fool us and how much shit he heaps on the legacy he and his hired hands can never be authentic GnR.Any fool could see that by now. You'd have to be deaf dumb and blind and completely assbackwards to see it any other way.

Authentic. That's the word. Authentic. Now I can see it all. I've gone too far trying to understand why people still care that much over a band breakup that happened 20 years ago, and even those people that were involved don't care anymore.

Axl could start a band with Zakk Wylde, Justin Bieber and Mickey Mouse and it would still be labeled GnR if he wanted to. That's how dumb, retarded, blind and deaf (lol... that was funny) your idols were when they signed those papers

They've made a fair amount of deaf, dumb and blind and completely retarded fans through all these years.

• Like 1