Was "respect" one of the reasons behind NOT playing Welcome To The Jungle in the RnRHoF?

Cosmo

Magisme and Facekicker, why exactly did you respond to volcano's post using current GnR as a way to offend him or current GnR fans?

That's a weird fuckin' question, the assumptions of which I dispute, so I can't possibly answer.

No, it is not. I assume you can't answer me, then. But I will try again.

Why did you bring new Guns into the subject? The new band has nothing to do with the subject. They all were discussing Slash, Duff, Steven and Myles. Tryign to discredit the new band will not make your point true or better in any way.

Magisme and Facekicker, why exactly did you respond to volcano's post using current GnR as a way to offend him or current GnR fans?

That's a weird fuckin' question, the assumptions of which I dispute, so I can't possibly answer.

No, it is not. I assume you can't answer me, then. But I will try again.

Why did you bring new Guns into the subject? The new band has nothing to do with the subject. They all were discussing Slash, Duff, Steven and Myles. Tryign to discredit the new band will not make your point true or better in any way.

My point was that neither the Guns guys without Axl nor Axl without the Guns guys are GNR. Hence the word "neither." Volcano's implicit point was that GNR is whatever Axl says it is. By law? Sure. By popular opinion? Hell fuckin' no. That's all I was saying. But if you wanna have a flame war temper tantrum, don't let me stop you.

• Like 1

if you wanna have a flame war temper tantrum, don't let me stop you.

It's funnier this way, isn't it? This is what's left in the GnR world.

That's cool. As long as we're talking shit about each other for fun. I thought you were getting all boring and serious on me. :lol:

• Like 1

That's cool. As long as we're talking shit about each other for fun. I thought you were getting all boring and serious on me. :lol:

No. It has more to do with one post of yours where you mentioned how it would be way funnier if we aggressively started fighting each other over retarded points. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I gotta think (hope) that none of the guys who've ever been in GN'R put as much thought into as we do. That's not to insult any of us, as I think being a fan causes you to put everything an artist does under a microscope far more than the artist does. Having said that, I don't think a second thought was given to playing Jungle other than a convo like this:

Guys being inducted: We were thinking about doing these.

Myles: Good by me.

Guys being inducted: Alright, it's been a while, let's run through these together real quick.

• Like 2

They started with SCOM, (which Slash said he hated) an important song for Axl.

There was no respect for him.

Watched the whole thing again, including the speech by BJA - it's boring really. None of it seems genuine, including the performance.

• Like 1

Watched the whole thing again, including the speech by BJA - it's boring really. None of it seems genuine, including the performance.

First of all, they started with Mr. Brownstone you fucking idiot.

Second of all, Slash has not said he hates SCOM. It can be assumed, but he's never outright said he hates it. He's probably a little tired from played it every night, but don't put words in his mouth.

Third of all, watch the performance again and thats as close as you'll get to real GNR. The whole thing was genuine because they knew Axl is too much of a dick to ever reunite so they played that show like it was the reunion everyone has been waiting for. Its too bad Axl missed that great event, but he probably would have ruined it one way or another. That whole thing was the first genuine GNR performance there has been since 1993, so think again before you try spreading lies. I think you got boring confused with the current circus of imposters touring South America for the umpteenth time.

Second of all, Slash has not said he hates SCOM. It can be assumed, but he's never outright said he hates it. He's probably a little tired from played it every night, but don't put words in his mouth.

Third of all, watch the performance again and thats as close as you'll get to real GNR. The whole thing was genuine because they knew Axl is too much of a dick to ever reunite so they played that show like it was the reunion everyone has been waiting for. Its too bad Axl missed that great event, but he probably would have ruined it one way or another. That whole thing was the first genuine GNR performance there has been since 1993, so think again before you try spreading lies. I think you got boring confused with the current circus of imposters touring South America for the umpteenth time.

Come on, there's no need for the "you fucking idiot" part...

My bad, on the YT link that I watched recently they showed SCOM first.

To each his own I guess, I didn't liked the whole thing, it looked phoned in (the speeches) and that 'band' looked has been.

I very much enjoy the band you call a circus. And I've been following GN'R since '90.

Even if SCOM was the song Slash hates the most in the world, he created the intro, the solo, recorded it on one of his albums, if he wants to play it, then he can fucking play it wherever he wants.

Edited by Kapitch_77

Come on, there's no need for the "you fucking idiot" part...

Yeah, blame it all on Axl. Axl was a dick!! Izzy gets a free pass because he doesn't like those kind of events.

Izzy gets a free pass because he's not a drama queen and doesn't act like a baby 95% of the time.

Izzy shouldn't be given a free pass. He, like Axl, let down millions of fans

Everyone knows that Izzy's reason for not attending was because Axl was too scared to go or whatever his dramatic reason was. Without Axl there, it would be pointless for Izzy to go since it isn't a reunion without Axl there and if Izzy were there, he would end up right back on Axl's infinite shit list.

Don't try to drag Izzy down into the gutter with Axl in terms of blame.

• Like 1

So your opinion is that Izzy wouldn't have attended if Axl chose to attend?

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GN’R induction into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N’ Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!”

This statement after Axl's statement is rather clear. Izzy was waiting to see what Axl would do.

Which is your opinion, not mine :)

I'm glad Axl and Izzy didn't go, because the whole thing was bad - which is my opinion.

You say you like gnr which to me means you like the music made by the band called gnr. You're glad the band that made 85% of the music you assumably like didn't get together for the first time in twenty years to celebrate their success?

See, when people say shit like you just did.... It doesn't make sense you shouldn't say you like guns n roses because clearly you don't like anything they did from appetite to spaghetti.

Yes I like GN'R and Estranged is my fav' song, so don't tell me what I like or don't like.

I just don't want a reunion, and I'm not dying to see Slash and Axl on the same stage again because I happen to like the current band. Not saying I like it better than the classic lineup but those guys decided to leave decades ago. I do very much enjoy the gigs where Duff or Izzy join - way better than a HOF appearance to me.

But I understand the signification and the importance of the thing for some fans.