Which Pearl Jam song most reminds you of a GNR song?

CoolRanchDressing

pearl jam is fuckin' awful

vedder's voice is a nightmare

Take the exact opposite of this comment and then you will be on point

Pearl Jam is the bar of excellence GNR should currently be trying to aspire to. And Vedder was and is a fantastic vocalist :thumbsup:

I have never been able to get into Pearl Jam. I think it's because i feel the frontman has a regular voice...nothing special.

The only album i've liked was Ten, and even so i don't listen to it a whole lot...

Edited by AndreCC

Eddie Vedder sucks because he pretty much invented the singing style where you put an "r" in every word you say, which would go on to be copied countless times even to this day. It ruins music. Nirvana and Pearl Jam vocals shaped the shitty rock vocals we have today and I've been waiting for that shit to die out since it started.

So I don't see any similarities in Pearl Jam and Guns, except that maybe Eddie gave it his all on stage, just like Axl.

pearl jam is fuckin' awful

vedder's voice is a nightmare

Rubbish. I haven't seen Pearl Jam live (yet), but I did see Vedder as special guest at a Tom Petty gig. And he was absolutely fantastic.

Eddie may not have an unique voice like Axl, but he's voice is still in shape and he sang flawlessly for more than 3 hours when I saw them live.

So, I respect him.

I have never been able to get into Pearl Jam. I think it's because i feel the frontman has a regular voice...nothing special.

The only album i've liked was Ten, and even so i don't listen to it a whole lot...

When Pearl Jam came out though, they were very different to other bands at the time. The Screaming Trees and other bands were around too, and were ok in their own right, but became popular after PJ developed the sound.. Paw were a good band too actually, I liked their first album. They had a similar feel as well

Anyway, I saw Pearl Jam live when they released Ten, and to this very day, it remains one of the best amazing concerts I have ever seen. I saw Nirvana live between before Nevermind and after Bleach, and thought they were terrible. I like Nevermind later on, but always thought they were awful live.

The reason you think Pearl Jam sounds like other bands is that other band copied them later on, same with Guns and any other band that was successful.

People are saying Vedder doesn't have a distinctive voice.... They must be deaf.

Even before I was into pearl jam.... I recognized his voice whenever I heard it. To me his singing style and voice together are easily recognizable.