Nikki Sixx's Recent Comments Regarding Motely Crue's Farewell Tour: A Dig At Axl?

BBA

Nikki Sixx Talks Motley Crue's Farewell

Vince Neil said over the summer that the band was planning a farewell tour next year. Nikki Sixx confirms that while the timing is not set in stone, the band will at some point in the future set out for one last jaunt around the world as "brothers."

Regarding their forthcoming farewell tour, Sixx had this to say:

"Someone said to me the other day, "Won’t you be sad?" I go, "No, I’d be sad if we were playing half-full theaters and only two band members were in the band." That would be sad."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nikki-sixx-talks-motley-crues-farewell-20131005

Could this be a dig at Axl either directly or indirectly? Is it possible that DJ may have expressed being unhappy to his friend regarding his role in the band and/or their obvious stagnation? As DJ said numerous times throughout the years, he joined GNR to write and produce the next album, not to just play guitar.

Maybe the comment was coincidental. Maybe not.

What do you think?

Guest cbgnr666

Wasn't Motley Crue's residency attendance far below gnr's.And also doen't Motley need to team up with Kiss or 3 or 4 other bands in order to make a go of it on tour.Not to mention he lies so much on his show its pathetic.He's super jealous that DJ is gone with gnr.

I tend to agree with ER. Probably not a direct dig at Axl, but I wouldn't be surprised if Axl, or others like him, might specifically come to mind as he spoke those words.

I'm not a Crue fanatic, but they've been a fairly solid band throughout the years that have been able to consistently draw crowds for 30+ years. IMO, Dr Feelgood has been their staple album and they've done a decent job at maintaining relevancy. Any one suggesting that the new GNR have a bigger all around following aren't being honest with themselves.

Even after being kicked out of Crue in the early 90s, Vince did fairly well as a solo act. Plus, he recorded an industrial rock album under his own name that most aren't even aware of.

Recently, he publically stated that it is very difficult for him to continue to sing a lot of their staple songs. At least he's honest about it and giving people that heads up. Plus, the band has always had lots of cool things for their fanbase. They've been able to put aside their personal differences for the sake of their fans, offer variety in their setlists and merchandise, and continued making new music every few years. And personally, I'd say that his vocal ability is pretty on par with that of Axl's these days.

Honestly, I wish I was a bigger Crue fan. Their fanbase has been much, much more fortunate than the hand that we've been dealt as GNR fans.

Edited by BBA

Speaking as a huge fan of both Crue's and GN'R, I'm going to say no

Wasn't Motley Crue's residency attendance far below gnr's.And also doen't Motley need to team up with Kiss or 3 or 4 other bands in order to make a go of it on tour.Not to mention he lies so much on his show its pathetic.He's super jealous that DJ is gone with gnr.

Motley Crue sold out several shows on their last one, and at the show I saw this year attendance was pretty solid. The KISS tour was an idea sprung by the band, they had their fans name some "old bands" they'd want Crue to tour with (GN'R was one of them actually). The 3 or 4 other bands thing was Cruefest, and happened 2 summers only. It was actually cool as fuck, they brought out younger bands and Sixx: A.M., it was a cool gig and I'm glad I got to see it both years they did it.

Do you guys remember a few years back when Vince had the following to say about Axl:

Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil has accused Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose of being… well, pretty useless, basically. Neil also claims GN’R's hard-core supporters have grown sick of the band.

Neil’s scathing attack on the November Rain star comes after GN’R's latest album Chinese Democracy, the band’s first since 1993′s The Spaghetti Incident, failed to live up to the hype its 10 years in the making generated.

The veteran singer believes GN’R's loyal fans have finally grown sick of the band, thanks chiefly to Rose’s failure to turn up to rehearsals and perform live shows.

Neil said: “For it [Chinese Democracy] to fail was pretty crazy after so many years of being recorded. Then the tour got cancelled.

“A buddy of mine went to go play guitar for him. They rehearsed for three months and Axl never once showed up. Rule number one: show up!

“He’s been doing that for many years. Finally I think the fans just went: ‘Fuck it – can’t do this anymore.’

“You can’t be a fan when you can’t see the band.”

Despite Neil’s comments, there are unconfirmed reports that GN’R will tour Asia in December.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/axl-has-let-gnr-fans-down-says-vince-neil/

Guest cbgnr666

Speaking as a huge fan of both Crue's and GN'R, I'm going to say no

Motley Crue sold out several shows on their last one, and at the show I saw this year attendance was pretty solid. The KISS tour was an idea sprung by the band, they had their fans name some "old bands" they'd want Crue to tour with (GN'R was one of them actually). The 3 or 4 other bands thing was Cruefest, and happened 2 summers only. It was actually cool as fuck, they brought out younger bands and Sixx: A.M., it was a cool gig and I'm glad I got to see it both years they did it.

I like some MC myself,I just find Nikki full of it.For instance he goes on about some bands touring without original members or with just a couple original members on his show and basically how its a fraud, and then heads out on tour with Kiss and their two original members.

He talks about bands and performers lipsinging or playing to prerecorded music when they did the same thing.

He's not talking about GNR. At all. He's talking about bands like White Lion, Great White, etc. who can't fill small venues. Yeah, GNR play 3/4 full stadiums, but when they play small venues, they sell out easily.

3/4 full stadiums? When was the last time they did a stadium tour besides a few stadium shows in south america?

He's not talking about GNR. At all. He's talking about bands like White Lion, Great White, etc. who can't fill small venues. Yeah, GNR play 3/4 full stadiums, but when they play small venues, they sell out easily.

3/4 full stadiums? When was the last time they did a stadium tour besides a few stadium shows in south america?

Who cares? Are you their business manager?

Guest cbgnr666

I think its a dig at Axl.

Too many coincedences. Not the least of which is having a guy on the inside in DJ. If you guys don't think these others guy vent about Axl when he's not around, you are nuts.

Something tells me that Ashba has had very little to do with Sixx AM recently.Nikki has announced a few things that apparently were suppose to happen but have seem to fallen by the wayside.I'm only going by what I hear on the show,so I could be wrong.Like I said earlier I personally think it pisses Nikki off about Ashba joining gnr just by his condescending comments over the last few years.

Edited by cbgnr666

GNR's last show was in Toronto, at the Sound Academy. It's capacity is around 3000. I didn't go, but based on the comments of those who went the venue was far from sold out.