How fast is your internet?

Snake-Pit

• 3 months later...

Advertised as 50 down 3 up

4155969496.png

Home server hosted by my ISP

4155973012.png

Seattle server

Canadian internet is notorious for two things - low upload speeds and data caps. I have a data usage limit of 400 GB I believe, but I don't think they actually enforce it.

I have a 350 GB cap at home. After the second time you go over, they charge you an extra $10/50GB. My account resets on Tuesday, I went over on Sunday. They even blocked YouTube (which they denied doing) at one point.

Unfortunately there are only two ISPs I can use where I live and the other one is $50/month for 1.5 MBPS.

4155969496.png

4155973012.png

Seattle server

Canadian internet is notorious for two things - low upload speeds and data caps. I have a data usage limit of 400 GB I believe, but I don't think they actually enforce it.

I have a 350 GB cap at home. After the second time you go over, they charge you an extra $10/50GB. My account resets on Tuesday, I went over on Sunday. They even blocked YouTube (which they denied doing) at one point.

Unfortunately there are only two ISPs I can use where I live and the other one is $50/month for 1.5 MBPS.

You Canadian?

And yeah, we've got an internet monopoly here too. Our two options are basically Shaw and Telus, and they're pretty much the same thing in terms of rates, speeds and caps. There are smaller companies that offer better rates or no caps, but they have ridiculous installation fees and poor technical support.

4155969496.png

4155973012.png

Seattle server

You Canadian?

And yeah, we've got an internet monopoly here too. Our two options are basically Shaw and Telus, and they're pretty much the same thing in terms of rates, speeds and caps. There are smaller companies that offer better rates or no caps, but they have ridiculous installation fees and poor technical support.

Texas. I live on the outskirts of town, so AT&T won't come to us and satellite internet is shit.

Download: 28.75 Mbps

Upload: 4.71 Mbps

Ping: 14 ms

And that's wireless. Weird thing is if I stay connected for a while I sometimes get readings of 6 Mbps download, when I reconnect it goes back to normal. Annoying. I do use an extra router because my modem is located two floors down.

There was a time I downloaded a lot but nowadays I have so much stuff I still need to get through and even though our download/upload volume is limited, I'd have to download like crazy to max it out.