Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has the U.S. Government shutdown affected you? If so, how?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 12,312 posts
  • 02-December 04

I am currently in the midst of going to real estate school to get my license in Florida.  After I finish my school (most likely before the end of this week) I need to take the state exam.  In order to take the state exam, I had to apply with the state (about a month ago), then get my finger prints done (did that last week) and then schedule an exam date.  Unfortunately, the fingerprints need to clear an FBI Background check through the Department of Justice - which is currently shutdown.  Every time I check the status of my application, it states that they are still waiting on the results of the fingerprints.  So basically, my entire application will be in limbo until the government opens up and clears my fingerprints. 

EDIT: Just found out that the state of Florida will handle the fingerprinting/background checking through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement...my only issue now is that they can't seem to locate them.  (My fingerprints). :max:

Edited by Kasanova King, 07 October 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Kasanova

king.gif

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

Yep.

I live about 100 yards outside of an Army base (Fort Rucker). Do most of my grocery shopping (no tax) and gas up there (.10-20 cents cheaper).

Needless to say, I've been eating Ramen for days, and riding my bike a lot more.  :P

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

arnold layne

arnold layne

Perla Del Mar

• Supporters
  • 13,546 posts
  • 17-November 06
No.
Don't waste your time on me, you're already
the voice inside my head.

wfuckinga

wfuckinga

Axl Worshipper

• Supporters
  • 4,662 posts
  • 23-July 13
I had to write an essay on it for Government class but other than that, no

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

I feel all this trouble started when hot sauce threads were no longer allowed on the main page. That alone took away 75% of nuGNR news.

AxlsAngel

AxlsAngel

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • 16-August 07

Not me, but it's affected my 16-year-old son.  He's in the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps and they were supposed to have their monthly drill this past weekend but couldn't because of the shutdown.  

Sorry to hear about your trouble too, KK...  Hope it gets straightened out for you soon! 

• Kasanova King likes this

axlsangelqi5.jpg

"The truth is the truth hurts... don't you agree?"

Gracii Guns

Gracii Guns

Forum Motivational Speaker

• Supporters
  • 4,608 posts
  • 07-February 05
Only as far as my boyfriend complaining of its ridiculousness to me this morning.

15yvf2u.png

Guns N' Roses member (according to last.fm) and Female Member of 2013 at MYGNRFORUM.COM.

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06

How long have they been shutdown for so far?

Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • 02-April 05

A week.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

downzy

downzy

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,473 posts
  • 18-February 06

One week down, another week or two to go.  I'm sure the 500k Vets who are no longer receiving their meals on wheels might have a thing to say about this.  Probably not many of them are GNR fans however. 

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,190 posts
  • 25-August 04

EDIT: Just found out that the state of Florida will handle the fingerprinting/background checking through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement...my only issue now is that they can't seem to locate them.  (My fingerprints). :max:

That sucks.  You'll have to do it again I suppose?  There's probably an increasing  backlog of things at this point.

And no, I can't think of how it's personally affected me yet specifically.

Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 12,312 posts
  • 02-December 04

That sucks.  You'll have to do it again I suppose?  There's probably an increasing  backlog of things at this point.

And no, I can't think of how it's personally affected me yet specifically.

Hopefully not.  I had to fax the state a tracking number and they will try to locate them...should know within a few days.  :shrugs:

Kasanova

king.gif

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06

And this is all about the Republicans showing Obama who is boss?

Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • 02-April 05

It's an ideological argument by people who hate government, who ran in elections to try to get into government, so they could shut down the government.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 12,312 posts
  • 02-December 04

And this is all about the Republicans showing Obama who is boss?

It's an ideological argument by people who hate government, who ran in elections to try to get into government, so they could shut down the government.

Pretty much yes, on both points.  The irony behind this is that Republicans have lost support since the shutdown and Obama has gained support.  Basically, the complete opposite of what Republicans are posturing for is happening.  Sooner or later, Republicans will wake up and realize that they are on a kamikaze mission.

http://nbcpolitics.n...own-on-gop?lite

Kasanova

king.gif

Val22

Val22

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • 23-November 08

Can't get on the government health site.

Not to mention, I'm sure this is going to cost us Americans some money when it all ends.

The House should be ashamed of themselves in not supporting the President.

What does this say to the rest of the world? I mean if the US goes broke, everyone else will soon follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users