Ghost

axlslash

I got mixed feelings on the EP, not because of the calm synth parts but because of the poppier more active songs like Square Hammer and Missionary Man, which are really poppy to the point of sounding like one of those times when a pop artist tries to be rock and roll by covering a classic tune and comes up with a plastic version of a classic hit in a music video full of leather and motorcycles, toungues out and whatever. The best songs are Nocturnal Me and I Believe, imo. Bible is a great big WTF.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

You can pre order it on their website I believe.

I'm assuming it will be available on streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify on Friday.

K I did go to their website the other day and it had all these weird questions which I clicked on, but their site didn't come up. I will try again. Love Ghost.

Went to Austin and Houston with my brother to see them after their Dallas show. Great music and great band.

k got to their website and was able to order the cd on amazon.com. Hope to get it soon since I don't know if Best Buy is selling it here in Dallas.

Just watched the video for Square Hammer on blabbermouth.net

What a hoot! I love those guys! Papa is my hero! Check it out.

it's like an old 1930's horror movie!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:55 PM, Silent Jay said:

Ghost, Popestar Track Listing, out this friday:

01. “Square Hammer”
02. “Nocturnal Me” (Echo & The Bunnymen cover)
03. “I Believe” (Simian Mobile Disco cover)
04. “Missionary Man” (Eurythmics cover)
05. “Bible” (Imperiet cover)

EP was first called 'Geistervater' german for 'ghost fathers'.

Got the new ep.

Love love the song The Square Hammer and the video is so inventive and cool. I love how Ghost still takes the time to make an awesome video where you can only view it online. Damn MTV!

Other songs are covers, but they could be Ghost too. pure genius with picking these songs to cover.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:51 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I'm digging the new EP, been listening to it a lot.

Can't wait to see them for a second time in November.

I listen to it everyday too.

Wish I could have seen them in Fort Worth a few weeks ago, but it was one of those weekend festivals in a race track or something.

I'm hoping they come back to another Dallas venue. Ghost has a huge following here.

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Cool interview. I love that Ghost has done something different with songs I've never really heard of besides Missionary Man.

I can understand them wanting to try different things. I think they did well.

Love Papa's voice on I believe. It's so soulful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2013 at 7:01 PM, axlslash said:

I've been getting really into Ghost lately (they go by Ghost BC in the states for some stupid legal reason). They're amazing. They basically goof the stereotype that metal is satanist and evil. Their lead singer, Papa Emeritus II, wears a black cardinal get-up and paints his face as a skeleton. The rest of the band are "nameless ghouls," all of whom wear masks and friars' robes that hide their faces. Their songs are also super Satan-y, but they openly acknowledge that it's all a ruse. They're basically one giant fuck you to all of the anti-metal types out there. Also, their music kicks serious ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzyWRMDPcls

whatever song you put up has been taken down but i listened to Cirice...not bad :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Still haven't seen them... fuck!

LOVE Square Hammer

Ghost is opening for Iron Maiden on their US tour. You have to see them! Ghost is such a good band and Maiden will rock as they always do. This is one hell of a tour!

Got my tickets for the Dallas show on June 23.

Try and see this tour. You will be amazed!:headbang:

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Ghost is opening for Iron Maiden on their US tour. You have to see them! Ghost is such a good band and Maiden will rock as they always do. This is one hell of a tour!

Got my tickets for the Dallas show on June 23.

Try and see this tour. You will be amazed!:headbang:

Maiden came last year so they arentwcoming towards my neck of the woods this year. Wish Ghost opened last year just so I could have seen them, too

I'm going to see Maiden this summer, so gonna see these guys too. I really know nothing about them, but I've watched a couple of their top viewed videos. Not super impressed. They seem like a cross between King Diamond and Type O Negative to me. 

Turn me on to their good stuff somebody!

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You have to see them! Ghost is such a good band

19 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

so gonna see these guys too. I really know nothing about them, but I've watched a couple of their top viewed videos. 

Turn me on to their good stuff somebody!

The frontman fired everyone, it'll be a complete new line-up this year.

Try Elizabeth, Secular Haze, Majesty, the Beatles cover Here Comes The Son, Square Hammer. Then most of the singles.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The frontman fired everyone, it'll be a complete new line-up this year.

Try Elizabeth, Secular Haze, Majesty, the Beatles cover Here Comes The Son, Square Hammer. Then most of the singles.

What an odd situation. All of this appears to finally confirm the rumor that the original Ghost was just Magna Carta Cartel in costumes. You knew it'd happen someday, and I guess this was the way it was destined to be confirmed.