Ghost

axlslash

• 2 weeks later...

Well since we never saw the faces of the Ghouls how do we even know if Papa fired them?

Well, they were amazing musicians, so I hope the new members are as good or better.

I don't understand why they would be fired unless it was them not getting along? Keeping it fresh? Why, those guys were great.

It's funny that Ghost are touring with Iron Maiden and most of those guys have been together for close to 40 years now. Maybe Papa should re-consider his decision.

I wonder if they got new masks. I really wouldn't want to wear the ones the other ghouls wore. lol

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more stuff

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Martin Perner is MCC and Tid now. Simon Sodererg is the producer of Priest. Mauro Rubino was already past fifty years old.

Exactly thats why Martin Persner left the band in 2016 and Simon just left, Mauro has also just been fired.

That chart ends right after the Popestar tour in North America, doesn't have any current members from this tour.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

21 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Well, it seems Papa actually does write all the songs (leaked court papers). Ex-ghouls should back off. 

Yeah, some band singers do that. Ville Valo of HIM write all the songs too, but still these guys were awesome musicians. Why change when you are achieving greatness with these members?

Well, whatever happens, Papa better have a band to open for Iron Maiden when they play Dallas. I'm going mainly for Ghost, but Maiden rocks. Their new album, The Book of Souls is one of the best albums ever.

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, some band singers do that. Ville Valo of HIM write all the songs too, but still these guys were awesome musicians. Why change when you are achieving greatness with these members?

Well, whatever happens, Papa better have a band to open for Iron Maiden when they play Dallas.

Ghost is touring right now with an all new lineup, you will see them.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Ghost is touring right now with an all new lineup, you will see them.

Well, like I said, hopefully there won't be a problem with Ghost and they will open for Iron Maiden. My show is in June, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I've seen Ghost with the old lineup and they rocked. I'm sure Papa will have great musicians this time around too.

They are just so amazing live.

They have a huge fan base here in Dallas.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, like I said, hopefully there won't be a problem with Ghost and they will open for Iron Maiden. My show is in June, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Won't be a problem you will see them, they are selling out shows in Europe right now.

No reason for them to not be on the tour.

Yeah and like I said when I first saw Ghost in Dallas, I was pleasantly surprised by all the fans that were there. I was also surprised that I only saw one boy dressed like Papa.

Anyway, it was a great show, everyone was singing along with Papa. It was funny to see just regular people with jeans and many Ghost shirts having an amazing time with this band. I loved it!

Can't wait to see them again.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Papa is a dick, no question about it.

But he's also the creative genius behind the band's gimmick and sound. He's an absolute dick, but on a Guns N' Roses forum we don't have much leeway to complain about asshole frontmen strongarming ex-members out of a band, now do we? :P

• Like 1

In my opinion Ghost have been Papa/Tobias solo project from the beginning, the Ghouls are (to me) the definition of backing musicians so this controversy doesn't bother me at all.

I'm seeing them at Gröna Lund in Sweden on the 29th of September! 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 5:21 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

In my opinion Ghost have been Papa/Tobias solo project from the beginning, the Ghouls are (to me) the definition of backing musicians so this controversy doesn't bother me at all.

I'm seeing them at Gröna Lund in Sweden on the 29th of September! 

I think that's true, at least in practice, but they were a band before they were Ghost, and I think that's where the bitterness comes from. Magna Carta Cartel wasn't Forge's solo project, Ghost functioned like it was, and the band didn't take too kindly to getting stiffed. I can see both sides here.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Papa is a dick, no question about it.

Well, Papa said that the backup musicians were just that. He writes the songs and gets excellent musicians to play live.

So I guess Papa is the only Ghost member who counts.

I hope these guys rock as hard as the other Ghouls did.