Ghost

axlslash

Yeah this has album of the year potential. I totally agree on Mummy Dust, really the only stumbling point. Its so rare that heavy music can be catchy and not sound like shitty deathcore like All That Remains. Gimmick or not, this is a nice blend of styles.

Also if you havent seen them live, I fully recommend it but only if its a club show where they are the headliner. Don't see them at a festival, it's not the right atmosphere. In a smaller show where everyone is there to see them it becomes kind of a hypnotic experience.

It's hard to pick a favorite track, honestly, because this record is just so cohesive. It feels like a true album, not just a collection of songs. It flows really nicely with great fluctuations in tone and tempo. Overall just a very nicely constructed piece of work. Toby and the boys really outdid themselves this time.

New cd sounds good. My daughter was playing it in the car today. It's amazing how this band finds amazing singers who sound so much alike.

Ghost is coming to Dallas in October. They must have a big following because they come to Dallas every time they release a cd.

My kids are going. I told them to record some of the show and record what the fans look like. I know some fans will dress up and I just love that.

New cd sounds good. My daughter was playing it in the car today. It's amazing how this band finds amazing singers who sound so much alike.

Ghost is coming to Dallas in October. They must have a big following because they come to Dallas every time they release a cd.

My kids are going. I told them to record some of the show and record what the fans look like. I know some fans will dress up and I just love that.

It's the same singer but different character I think.

It's the same singer but different character I think.

Yes, it's the same singer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn. Good album. Never gave these guys much of a chance but I really like the sound. Their other stuff this good?

I have been listening to the album released before this one. It's good, but I think this album is way better.

It's amazing how all the singers this band gets sound so much alke.

I think the songs on the new cd are way better and the music parts are so haunting and soothing at the same time.

There is a new video on youtube.com for "From the Pinecale to the Pit. My spelling is horrible, but the video is way cool.

Dude, they're the same guy under different personas

Really? That is so cool!

Why make like it's someone else?

This.

All of the Papas are Tobias Forge in a mask. Ghost is his best band, but he's just great.

Okay good to know because this guy's voice is freakin amazing!

Isn't that makeup that he wears and the ghouls wear the makes? Because the band is wearing new devil masks this time around.

Really? That is so cool!

Why make like it's someone else?

This.

All of the Papas are Tobias Forge in a mask. Ghost is his best band, but he's just great.

Okay good to know because this guy's voice is freakin amazing!

Isn't that makeup that he wears and the ghouls wear the makes? Because the band is wearing new devil masks this time around.

He's wearing a mask under the makeup. Nothing as elaborate as the ghouls, just a latex old man mask so that you can't just match up his face through the makeup. He may witch up the mask when he "changes" identities, too, don't know. Here's a video with him just in the mask (as Papa II), without the makeup:

The change from album to album is just part of the schtick. Gives them an excuse to change looks, keep things exciting, and not let the gimmick get stale. No big important reason, it's just part of the performance art piece that is Ghost.

And for the record, most of the speculation is that the Nameless Ghoul who does all of their publicity is also the dude who plays Papa. Not confirmed, but people are pretty sure.

• Like 1

The "Papas" has been wearing different masks/make up for each charachter. They also have different personalities (just like the real popes). The current one is more outgoing and talks more during the shows than the former. I think the first one was more of a conservative grumpy old man. They have been playing some acoustic shows lately and Papa III has been performing without his Mitre, something the former Papas would never do.

All other band members are simply called nameless ghouls. There's not one "the nameless ghould, when they're interviewed they're referred to "A Nameless Ghoul" I'm sure it's not always Papa since sometimes they talk about their musical gear and there have been interviews with more than one ghoul at the time. The nameless ghouls each have a symbol instead of a name, this symbol is what they wear on their instruments/ clothing. It's also what they sign when they're signing autographs. I'm not a100% sure but I think they're symbols of the 5 elements. Sometimes it very well could be Papa disguised as a nameless ghoul doing the interview.

f1d4be754585c96f4d98598e080665f6.jpgzt0MC3X.png