Board Upgraded to 3.4.5

highvoltage

The editor still sucks a big fat donkey dick but that's nothing new and the rest seems fine.

I'd like the big ass EDITED BY WFUCKINGA AT *time here* to be removed, especially when I'm just correcting a typo (which I generally notice after I hit send). If that's possible?

The editor still sucks a big fat donkey dick but that's nothing new and the rest seems fine.

I'd like the big ass EDITED BY WFUCKINGA AT *time here* to be removed, especially when I'm just correcting a typo (which I generally notice after I hit send). If that's possible?

They should add a time window for that to be possible, or make it like another forum I post on where it's possible until someone's replied after you.

To me it's just the totally crap way it deals with editing nested quotes. So many times I'll just be trying to remove a space between lines and I'll lose the whole quote or the header will disappear for no apparent reason. I've learned to deal with it in most cases now but it's still needlessly complicated. I miss the good old days where all you had to do was enter

and all would be well. The idea to add all the auto formatting as it is now is an admirable intention but it just doesn't work. Still, that's not something that the mods and admins have control over so I'll shut up now.

To me it's just the totally crap way it deals with editing nested quotes. So many times I'll just be trying to remove a space between lines and I'll lose the whole quote or the header will disappear for no apparent reason. I've learned to deal with it in most cases now but it's still needlessly complicated. I miss the good old days where all you had to do was enter

and all would be well. The idea to add all the auto formatting as it is now is an admirable intention but it just doesn't work. Still, that's not something that the mods and admins have control over so I'll shut up now.

Yeah, shut up, you. :P

I miss the good old days when I'd log on and see Dazey's cheery face peering out of his avatar. I'm gonna see if HV can restore it to the old one.

Looks like married life has aged you 50 years in 2 weeks. :lol:

The quoting system is still as glitchy and annoying as I remember it being when the board was first upgraded. Having to hit the switch on and off to post youtube should be fixed at some point too.

Edit: Not getting any notifications for comments or friend adds.

Edited by Echoplex

• 4 weeks later...

It's usually just backups running bro. They happen around the same time every day but sometimes the schedule moves around for maintenance or other reasons. The forum goes a bit spastic for a couple of minutes when it happens, but depending on your timezone you might not see it regularly.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#2001]

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

Need Help?

It's the backups running, happens generally between 1:15 AM and 2:00 AM EST every day ... right when I'm usually online. <_<

I see, thanks. The forum was and still is kind of slow for me.