Reputation System Changes

highvoltage

So... since this place allows unlimited alt accounts, isn't it theoretically possible that someone could use their army of alt accounts to artificially create gold star posts?

With "allows unlimited alt accounts" you probably mean "can't prevent alt accounts" and haven't you then answered your own question?

No actually, I meant "allows." It says in the Terms of Service that you're allowed to have multiple alt accounts.

You are right. I am surprised.

If a loser creates alternate accounts to give themselves likes, they can have them. Life obviously isn't too fulfilling for them if they're wasting time doing that anyway.

PS. After the wave of support and concern that everyone showed after my last post, I figured that I should update you guys with the fact that I'm no longer hungry. Crisis averted.

Personally I have never understood the point in having several accounts outside of things like you're bringing up here.

When Freddie Mercury's Ghost got banned, he was allowed back because he was using an alt account. They knew it was him, but because it was a different account, that seemed to make it okay. That has been applied to others as well. So you see, there's several reasons to keep a few alt accounts in yer back pocket. But we digress.

I wanna find one of these gold star posts. I haven't seen one yet.

The first one in this thread.

Does anything happen for a 10 star post? Maybe a pop-up video showing fireworks to the tune of We Are The Champions?

^_^

Anything is possible when HV is on the case!

On your knees ;)

• Like 1

Does anything happen for a 10 star post? Maybe a pop-up video showing fireworks to the tune of We Are The Champions?

^_^

On your knees ;)

Whoever likes it for the tenth time has to get spammed with Rick Roll pop ups, get on it HV!

• Like 1

I think "likes" should be zero sum. We all get a certain amount to begin with, and when we "like" someone's post, that poster gets one more "like," and of course we lose one. That way, if you run out of likes, you're either a "like" slut or a shit poster, in which case clean it the fuck up.

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

So posts that get more than 5 likes gets a Gold Star with the word POPULAR.

geez

I will definitely be changing the gold star graphic to something subtle like how I changed the like button to a +1 last time. The gold star is ridiculous.

Can I be honest? I ticked the "enable" box for popular post highlighting without realising that it stuck that there. :lol:

EDIT: The only other change being considered is enabling a couple of negative rep points per day for Supporters... but that's it.

^_^

On your knees ;)

He does tend to have that affect on women, doesn't he? ;)

So posts that get more than 5 likes gets a Gold Star with the word POPULAR.

geez

EDIT: The only other change being considered is enabling a couple of negative rep points per day for Supporters...

Please.

Yes, it would be a great way for us to measure the butthurt that needs rectifying. Brilliant thinking Sunny!!!

• Like 1