Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

DR DOOM

DR DOOM

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,367 posts
  • 05-September 13

Yeah I doubt they will give Peter or Ace lead vocals on a song (if they even play)

From Latveria with lols

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,752 posts
  • 28-April 11
If they play, I bet on: Detroit Rock City, Love Gun and RnR All Nite.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Matthias

Matthias

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • 18-February 05

Can anyone tell me why Bruce and Eric Carr won't be inducted? I mean, if i.e. Josh Klinghoffer gets inducted why not these two?

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,963 posts
  • 09-March 08

Can anyone tell me why Bruce and Eric Carr won't be inducted? I mean, if i.e. Josh Klinghoffer gets inducted why not these two?

the hall is run by idiots, they have 0 rhyme or reason as to why they do things. it is why robert trujillo got in with metallica despite being on 1 album that has 0 significance on the bands legacy or has 0 influence on anyone. yet they leave ronnie james dio out of sabbath who made albums that were highly influential and had a huge significance on the bands legacy.

it is also the reason why deep purple, thin lizzy, the moody blues and hundreds of deserving bands are left out and the likes of madonna and public enemy are in.

• ohlovelyrita likes this

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

IRanOutOfIdeas

IRanOutOfIdeas

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • 29-November 13

the hall is run by idiots, they have 0 rhyme or reason as to why they do things. it is why robert trujillo got in with metallica despite being on 1 album that has 0 significance on the bands legacy or has 0 influence on anyone. yet they leave ronnie james dio out of sabbath who made albums that were highly influential and had a huge significance on the bands legacy.

it is also the reason why deep purple, thin lizzy, the moody blues and hundreds of deserving bands are left out and the likes of madonna and public enemy are in.

It's fucking ridiculous how Deep Purple didn't get in. But yeah, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Yes and a bunch of others are very much due for an induction. How the hell is Hall and Oates Rock and Roll? 

Hopefully some of those bands hardcore fanbases will help the bands get in though. Rush and KISS got in that way it seems. 

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas, 19 December 2013 - 02:27 PM.

"Well I lost my shirt in a card game, in which I never had a chance."

ohlovelyrita

ohlovelyrita

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • 16-June 13

The fans did vote this year and it was counted towards the "vested interest" group.

Jan Wenner needs to step down.

"As one insider from the Hall has maintained, "Once Ahmet Ertegun died, Jann felt like he could run wild." The legendary co-founder of Atlantic Records was considered the only person who could control Wenner. He died in 2006."

http://www.rockhall..../interact/poll/

“Wise Men Speak Because They Have Something To Say; Fools Because They Have To Say Something.”

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 16,989 posts
  • 14-August 07

Didn't Trujillo get inducted before DM? I've said a million times they should have inducted Mustaine.....Madonna and Public Enemy are ridiculously influential though, they definitely deserve their spot.

KILL LENNY.

He's fighting for ISIS.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,313 posts
  • 12-December 08

I think the big controversy is going to be Cat Stevens showing up there and Gene Simmons being very anti-Islam. Might be a first time where the people being inducted have the feud, not the band members. 

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,167 posts
  • 11-August 12

Lizzy are not in. Jesus, this event should be boycotted.

Rob was initially not going to be inducted but Metallica had a hissy fit so they, the Hall, were forced to induct him. This was around the time St Anger was released; the only thing Rob had done with Metallica was that live-rehearsal bonus disc which came with the album. He had not recorded a note with them, nor, played a (proper) gig.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,396 posts
  • 10-May 08
Why the fuck isn't steel Panther in? Boycott the awards.

dQOAHSG.png

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,963 posts
  • 09-March 08

Didn't Trujillo get inducted before DM? I've said a million times they should have inducted Mustaine.....Madonna and Public Enemy are ridiculously influential though, they definitely deserve their spot.

they were inducted in 2009 DM came out in late 2008 if i remember right.  memory has been known to be a bit hazy :lol:

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

wfuckinga

wfuckinga

Axl Worshipper

• SILVER
  • 4,662 posts
  • 23-July 13

I hope original KISS plays a set :headbang: kiss-band.gif

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

I feel all this trouble started when hot sauce threads were no longer allowed on the main page. That alone took away 75% of nuGNR news.

wfuckinga

wfuckinga

Axl Worshipper

• SILVER
  • 4,662 posts
  • 23-July 13

Yeah I doubt they will give Peter or Ace lead vocals on a song (if they even play)

They can't not play Beth though. I bet Detroit Rock City, Beth, Rock and Roll All Nite

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

I feel all this trouble started when hot sauce threads were no longer allowed on the main page. That alone took away 75% of nuGNR news.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,313 posts
  • 12-December 08

The induction being in Brooklyn might have softened them up on doing a set there, and because it's at an arena, they might do a full pyro show in costume. I'm sure we'll hear more about it the closer it gets. 

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,752 posts
  • 28-April 11
If they play with the original line-up, a good setlist would be Detroit Rock City, Shock Me, Beth and RnR All Nite so all of them have a go at lead vocals. But I don't see Ace singing on this one.

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users