2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

ohlovelyrita

Lol NWA? More like lolcano.

Look I understand rap and actually don't mind the old acts from the 80's and early 90s but putting NWA in an "organization" that includes Led Zeppelin, Metallica etc...that's laughable.

I think some of Axl's attitude is influenced by NWA. I am sure Axl will have no problem seeing NWA inducted.

axl_rose_n.w.a._hat_guns_n_roses.png

ice_cube_axl_rose_NWA.jpg

Definitely:

-Deep Purple

-KISS

-Yes

Maybes (IMO all of these are interchangable):

-Paul Butterfield

-Nirvana (not first induction but so obvious they will)

-Linda Ronstadt

-Cat Stevens

-Link Wray

-Zombies

No (and some of these are laughable):

-Chic

-Peter Gabriel

-Hall & Oates

-LL Cool J

-The Meters

-NWA

-The Replacements

The thing is there are way too many people that just aren't influential enough.

Would you mind explaining to me how Yes are more influential than NWA?

Lol NWA? More like lolcano.

Look I understand rap and actually don't mind the old acts from the 80's and early 90s but putting NWA in an "organization" that includes Led Zeppelin, Metallica etc...that's laughable.

I think some of Axl's attitude is influenced by NWA. I am sure Axl will have no problem seeing NWA inducted.

axl_rose_n.w.a._hat_guns_n_roses.png

ice_cube_axl_rose_NWA.jpg

I don't give a fuck if Axl is an NWA fan

inb4 butthurt mulletheads start crying because a hip hop group was nominated

I don't agree NWA should be in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with NWA. I would consider myself a casual fan (in fact I really enjoy each member's solo work), however this is the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. Which to my knowledge isn't the type of music NWA excelled in.

If though, there were to be a music Hall of Fame then by all means NWA would get my full support.

With that said, I don't really give a shit either way and I have no intention of ever visiting. It's just my two cents.

That's the argument I hear every year in these threads. What you don't understand is that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has inducted non-rock artists since their very first year. You people should complain about the name "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame", not the artists inducted in it.

Should be interesting to see the outcome. Nile Rodgers and Linda Ronstadt being ill might give them leverage.

They try to induct at least one female, one Rap/R&B, one rock band and one oldies every year. So yeah, Linda is a lock.

Once she's in, they're probably going to go "oh yeah, she covered a Warren Zevon song". Surprised he's not in, but they usually squeeze in a Tom Waits/Laura Nyro/Leonard Cohen non-commercial type here and there.

That's the argument I hear every year in these threads. What you don't understand is that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has inducted non-rock artists since their very first year. You people should complain about the name "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame", not the artists inducted in it.

Well then fuck the Rock N' Roll HOF.

I'm not big on rap. But NWA and LL Cool J should get recognized for their contribution to music history.

I hate KISS but can't believe they aren't in yet.

Deep Purple should have went in a long time ago.

Almost forgot about Nirvana, I supposethey should get in. I wonder if Kurt would have pulled a no show like his buddy Axl.

The RnR HOF should be destroyed.

Tommy Stinson will finally get his well-deserved spot after being snubbed last time. :(

Finally! Fuckin' rock hall.....

Tommy Stinson will finally get his well-deserved spot after being snubbed last time. :(

When was he snubbed?

Do you not remember the GN'R disaster?