Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Broskirose

Saw the show last night and it was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! What a great live act! Their music translates beautifully to live performance and they are incredibly dynamic onstage. They have so many anthemic tunes that each and every song was just more awesome than the last it seemed.

The audience was great and judging by the response and how everyone sang along to every song, they all appeared to be die hard fans. A highlight for us Aussies was their cover of the Inxs song 'The Devil Inside' and the segue into 'Here Comes The Night Time' was just brilliant. Loved it!!!!

They're a cheeky bunch too. Their opening song started off as 'Rebellion' and everyone kind of confusedly cheered, and then after about 30 seconds they stopped and said they were just joking and launched into Normal Person. :lol: Rebellion thankfully came after Normal Person because its such a fucking awesome song, but obviously on the Reflektor tour we were all expecting an opener from Reflektor. And they were wearing those massive heads too! Love those guys! Would love to see them many times again!

Amazing. I can't wait to get a chance to see them.

Where do you live? I preordered the album so I could get presale codes, I've already seen 'em and I'm not in the US anyway, let me know.

:o

Is it too soon to say I love you?

I'm in Connecticut, so I'm thinking either Bridgeport, Boston or Brooklyn. Bridgeport is in March. The other two - well, there are three Brooklyn shows - are in the summer.

:o

Is it too soon to say I love you?

I'm in Connecticut, so I'm thinking either Bridgeport, Boston or Brooklyn. Bridgeport is in March. The other two - well, there are three Brooklyn shows - are in the summer.

Um, I meant presale code, not buying you a ticket, sorry if that didn't come across right!

Tthere's still tickets for Bridgeport, even GA, a 3rd of the price of Brooklyn:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004B6EE809D040?REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat97249&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_97249&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_97249

Dude, they're already on sale!

http://www.arcadefire.com/live/

I checked the 22nd Aug Brooklyn date, GA seems sold out but you can get tickets in the bleeders, but why not just get a GA ticket for Bridgeport, unless you're dying to hang out with Williamsburg hipsters? Though if the Brooklyn hipster girls are hot I understand ;)

Also, the GA at Bridgeport is $90 compared to $250 at Brooklyn which is ridiculous.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

Get on songkick.com, that's how I keep on top of all my concert dates ;)

Bandsintown keeps getting too many cover band dates mixed up with the real deal, keep losing my shit every time I get a notification from them about Daft Punk <_<

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

Still GA for the Aug 24th date, that one was added after the 22nd and 23rd:

rkxollE.png

I assumed because you were in Connecticut that Bridgeport would be closer. The Brooklyn shows are stupid expensive, though. Most I've ever paid for a gig is £100, that was for the Stones, still less than $200. The Arcade Fire/The Reflektors tickets here were only £50 less than $100, about the same price as the Bridgeport show.

The other thing I found quite impressive and spectacular was how many of them there are. At any given point in time there is at least 10 of them on stage and at the beginning I think I counted about 15! Theyre using guitars, keyboards, unusual drums, violins, you name it. The atmosphere was a bit like a street party in Rio. :D

The other thing I found quite impressive and spectacular was how many of them there are. At any given point in time there is at least 10 of them on stage and at the beginning I think I counted about 15! Theyre using guitars, keyboards, unusual drums, violins, you name it. The atmosphere was a bit like a street party in Rio. :D

I could never hear the violinist, which is a shame because I like the violin parts in their music. I was standing towards the front, though, and the mix usually crap at the front for concerts.

She was pretty fit, though. Nice bum.

Her solo stuff is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHDmPyp86A

• 5 months later...

I listened to this a second and third time. It gets better with additional listens. I'm still not digging it as much as Neon Bible or Funeral though.

I love it, still listen to a few tracks, prefer it to their older stuff but I wasn't a huge fan of that material (still liked it, though).

I still love this album. Probably listen to it at least once a week, sometimes more.

It's got such a great upbeat vibe. The only track I tend to skip is Flashbulb Eyes. Just don't like it.

I often catch myself singing Awful Sound and Its Never Over in my head and when I do I just have to listen to the whole album.